Super autos, what's the deal?

Thanks for inputs, guys.
Not sure if I interpret your post correctly, @karlkutta, but I guess both. I am looking for an auto that is huge and fast, and I also wonder what is the point with super autos, stitch's in particular. It seems it is not auto if it is just one cross between auto and photo. So the name is misleading. Superautos should be renamed fast versions.
There are now already autos that grow big and yield huge. Those might be a lot better for outdoors than a superauto that yields the same but takes twice as long..

I wonder about the details in the breeding as well. A nice photo crossed just once might be quite uniform pheno-wise, as it is an f1.
You cannot breed it to f2 though, without getting a lot of variation and need for selection. The f2s will be a mix of auto, semi and photo. And probably not the same hybrid vigour.? And it is no longer a superauto. So the superauto seeds for sale must be all f1s, I guess.
I've read that a fast version, like maybe those from sweet seeds, is a cross between photo and auto, worked to auto, then the auto is backcrossed to the photo, making it similarly to the superautos, an f1 of photo and auto. As there is breeding to further generations involved before the backcross, I guess they can work the pheno a bit, but they lose hybrid vigour?
I see two advantages of f1 between photo and auto.
Slightly increased yield compared to regular auto.
Possible to keep clones.
Disadvantages:
Long flowering time for northern outdoor grow.
Must stay f1.
My SuperAutos doesn't have to me renamed as you said, because the genetic is rudiralisx photoperiod and they do autoflower from day 28 to 32 depending the strain, thank you but they will still called SuperAutos.
Have a wonderfull days

Best regards

Stitch

My SuperAutos doesn't have to me renamed as you said, because the genetic is rudiralisx photoperiod and they do autoflower from day 28 to 32 depending the strain, thank you but they will still called SuperAutos.
Have a wonderfull days

Best regards

Stitch
Is this the real stitch? Just asking… I’ve been trying to find some of your love potion beans but no one has them and if they do, is it new stock or old? Would love to try me some! Can you point me in a reliable direction?

Back