Completed The 2023 Outdoor Auto-Photo Competition!

Bone dry here all year so far too. Had 1 week of straight rain in April and that's been pretty much it.

Battery powered backpack sprayers are like $100-200. I can usually get about 50 gallons down on 1 battery
That little backpack sprayer won't touch a thing. I had two spray rigs a 100gal and a 300 gal.......... Garden and pasture respectively.
It usually took two trips of the 100 gallon on just my driveway.

Autowreck @ 10 days.. will be going outdoors next week only auto so far that i've had any success with this summer :eek1:
:smokeit: hey brudda! You too huh? :doh: ... keep at it, it ain't too late... At least a good'un is going well, you're gonna love the smoke and stank!
TW seems to age very well too, my photo version is little changed in aroma or potency, with cool dark storage.
The rest of the OD crew looks solid- :d5:
---> ah, I see you have done so already- excellent! :headbang:

Official update looks like they will be big autoflowers!! Strategic air strike of BT ! Looks like the 🐛 are early this year!!
Wow, check those fattie-fans out! All the better for snacking though, bloody vermins :cuss: ... a little Bt sauce indeed, gravy-up those fuckers into their graves :rofl:
I'm not surprised, and am dreading it already this year... aphids too! All that rain makes for more vermin food, it's something I see consistently with each season... last few drought years, most bugs have F-O'ed.
Regardless, the SNS209 will be on guard as usual, it really does help!

Well nowhere near on your guys level here but,
5/5 Bobby's Widow and 4/5 GoldWidow
Time will fix that, and awesome to see a dedicated Dragon grow JP... A lot of nostalgia in this line! Be sure to tag Aunty @Mossy since they are her grandkids!

I have just sprouted some auto. I do believe we have until October some time. I plan on being done in August brother so give it another shot at popping try soilless mix from somewhere else.
FN, are you joining in the Comp officially? :woohoo1:... if so, go to the first page here for details and such...

How long do I got before I have to make a choice on which one of these three that I want to pick?
No hard date set, depends on when you started mainly,...size. age,... I know you're grinding, so give it a couple weeks or so, then pick your horses for better or worse! It's why I set the three plant choice deal, to cover asses and have some flexibility... Part of the fun too IMO, testing your grow Mojo for reading a cultivar and the actual plant- :greenthumb:
Still very hot days cool nights and dry :coffee2:
Damn nice start GH, those are some hot teenagers there :hump: LOL!
@Waira Update on the autos
The Root Beer Float S3 comp auto that was unpotted by the racoon is now getting ate up by bugs, she can't catch a break lol! I sprayed with a few different repellents and the munching seems to have stopped. Her cousin I started after she was ravished is doing just fine on the other hand.
Jean buddy, it's so early yet, just shine the weak ones and start new or select something else already going.... we trust you-- you didn't/won't snag a clone and swap it out- :crying:... clearly that seedling is waving a white flag, even the bugs know it...
That Crm Chz auto pheno is looking delish indeed, the aroma blend is making me salivate!

The outdoor Cream Cheeze F1Fv photo phenotype has been running strong ever since I transplanted her in her final home. It's crazy to me that this one didn't start to flower like a few other FVs I put out this year even though her sister decided to go full auto.
...her leaves are interesting, very Sati-dom though genetically, she isn't... Goes to show, "stereotypes" ... you know, she reminds me of Lilac D' and progeny that way!

Day 63 for the OD photoperiod girls. All three are doing good. Rain was a welcome change to 10 days without. Colder mornings have prob slowed growth a little. Mostly healthy though! Almost time to start feeding…
...looking pretty happy to me Jp', and that color says a lot! I love this stage, near neon green all over...

>>> OK, Waira is launched officially! 6/7 seedlings up today, one looks iffy after digging up to check, so a new Spice Rose started...
I have 3 butt-plug stout auto's in the tent too, just starting bloom... :rolleyes2:... still figuring out this photon blaster Diablo Q-board, looks like light intensity is part of the cause for them being so compacted....

@Waira Sauced up and getting ready to mix up the rot block.

Curious how other people have been applying, storing and using it?

My thought was to mix 5gr with 20 oz of h2o and spray solely on these plants and around them for one full application. Seal up the bag and refridge the remaining powder package.

I also found a garter snake creeping around my plants too. snakepower!

I kind of figured it was something along that line. It's so freaking dry here. I've got cracks in the soil outside of the garden that seem to be endlessly deep where the sprinkler hasn't reached. My creek behind the garden is bone dry and I don't think I've ever seen it with less than a foot of water running through it. I think it's rained twice so far this year and not very hard either time. I may have to have my road sprayed out in front of the house cause it's a dirt road and the dust is getting pretty bad if it's still like this come flowering time I'll have to drop the $500 the county wants to have it sprayed to keep the dust down.

It's been over a month since a good soaking rain. An old friend is coming up the exact days were supposed to get rain we'll see :doh:

It's trying to rain here now. I've seen 3 or 4 drops this morning. 🌧️ The guy says 1/4 to 1/2 by Wednesday. Not much but some.

Looks like GH is getting better rain just now on the radar :shrug:🍻:cheers::bump::pass:

Ladies are doing great, I turned off supplemental lights last night and they received their first dark period. Leaf position was much more natural this morning with a good amount of praying. Today I am going to be working out how to tarp this greenhouse and start light deprivation. Hoping maybe I can squeeze these out and another round in of the same plants that I have going in 1g bags indoors from clones I took off these.
2A440ABC-05BA-459B-8316-F1BE2CF17C14.jpeg

@Waira
if I wrote up an entry card for these autos in the greenhouse is it too late to officially enter them? Kinda forgot and they are day 30/31 but I do have an account of them on my other thread. If it’s kosher still I’ll write them up an entry card :pass: one of them hasn’t even sexed it’s been a lackluster season for autos outdoors so far here.
604ABBC4-F32F-4A1D-9DE5-D6D9923B6D1E.jpeg
05C5B69B-F544-4BC5-A6CF-A2F249270D20.jpeg

@Waira Sauced up and getting ready to mix up the rot block.

Curious how other people have been applying, storing and using it?

My thought was to mix 5gr with 20 oz of h2o and spray solely on these plants and around them for one full application. Seal up the bag and refridge the remaining powder package.

I also found a garter snake creeping around my plants too. snakepower!
I follow what Bryan says mainly... Store cool dark and dry, never freeze, fridge is OK but not necessary if you foresee finishing the batch off in one season.
Weekly foliars during veg', early bloom, maybe a bit less often after main fattening has happened... really it's about inoculating those surfaces that will eventually become covered over by buddage and leaf, sealing in off from reach after a point. And it's the bad actor's spore lying in wait there too!
Think of it like your spray painting, which you basically are, hey? You know how easy it is to get bare/poorly covered spots.
Clonostachys is endogenous in the surface tissues, it crowds them out, out competes for nutrients, acts like a shield of sorts too... Some studies show actual attacks on botrytis, not just passive defense...
I think it the Streptomyces types that are actively aggressive against pathogens, but I found that they aren't as effective. Actinovate is an good product for some applications, but cannabis rots isn't one of them IME...

I mix in fulvic acids, Si, and plenty of surfactant, particularly during veg'... if it don't get covered, it ain't protected! It's more tricky during bloom though, and tougher and tougher to get deeper in without other risks with retained moisture, RotBlock or not-- tempting fate is never wise!
I don't saturate the buds ever, use less surfactant too... when too much is in there, it does it's job all too well and it can seep right down to the main stem.
Morning, mild Sunlight conditions are best but not always possible of course... I generally don't see pistil burning associated with applications, but it can happen if you over-do the wetting agent, or under full Sun,.. late is bad for other reasons...

Garters, good mates to have about! :smokeit:.... I found this super cool Ringneck a few years ago...
qd.jpg
q7.jpg
q5.jpg

And remember this fucker from two years ago at the grow site home?
western rattlesnake.jpg

Autoflower registration and photos from germination and after one week+ from replanting.I was wait to prefere some flowers.
20230612_072808.jpg
20230521_001130.jpg
20230521_001154.jpg

AUTO CREEPER in 50l pot.I was read, that she can be very big.
20230611_110556.jpg
20230611_110300.jpg

ORANGE APRICOT GLUE XL AUTO
Big suspense!
20230611_110441.jpg

PURPLE LEMONADE
Interesting plant.
20230611_110516.jpg

Last edited:
I follow what Bryan says mainly... Store cool dark and dry, never freeze, fridge is OK but not necessary if you foresee finishing the batch off in one season.
Weekly foliars during veg', early bloom, maybe a bit less often after main fattening has happened... really it's about inoculating those surfaces that will eventually become covered over by buddage and leaf, sealing in off from reach after a point. And it's the bad actor's spore lying in wait there too!
Think of it like your spray painting, which you basically are, hey? You know how easy it is to get bare/poorly covered spots.
Clonostachys is endogenous in the surface tissues, it crowds them out, out competes for nutrients, acts like a shield of sorts too... Some studies show actual attacks on botrytis, not just passive defense...
I think it the Streptomyces types that are actively aggressive against pathogens, but I found that they aren't as effective. Actinovate is an good product for some applications, but cannabis rots isn't one of them IME...

I mix in fulvic acids, Si, and plenty of surfactant, particularly during veg'... if it don't get covered, it ain't protected! It's more tricky during bloom though, and tougher and tougher to get deeper in without other risks with retained moisture, RotBlock or not-- tempting fate is never wise!
I don't saturate the buds ever, use less surfactant too... when too much is in there, it does it's job all too well and it can seep right down to the main stem.
Morning, mild Sunlight conditions are best but not always possible of course... I generally don't see pistil burning associated with applications, but it can happen if you over-do the wetting agent, or under full Sun,.. late is bad for other reasons...

Garters, good mates to have about! :smokeit:.... I found this super cool Ringneck a few years ago... View attachment 1602864View attachment 1602866View attachment 1602867

And remember this fucker from two years ago at the grow site home?
View attachment 1602872
One more thing to stress, be sure to get the underside of the leaves and plant.
In veg and early flower, either morning or late evening application was fine. Later in flower I only done it early in the morning to give plenty of time for it to dry. I didn't feel safe using a late evening application while in late flower.
Hopefully you'll need a ladder to do your applications!:eyebrows::woohoo::growing:

Back