The 2023 Outdoor Auto-Photo Competition!

:growing::spels::growing:... looking fab' my friends! Prime time is starting - :woohoo1:

Cream Cheeze F1 FV this thing has definitely peaked my interest. I thought I'd share it here since it's an outdoor plant I'm testing out. She blew up this year and has some of the craziest skunky creamy peppery terps already. This was the fastest plant to trigger flowering for me this year but the Skunk hero 22 caught up quickly.
She's a beauty Jean, and such strong terp' already is a great sign of things to come! It'll be interesting to see how the buds stank up in comparison; different types of trich's usually carry a different profile to varying degrees...
Speed girl might be feeling a hormone twitch, for the better this time! :rofl:
I found a great scientific paper on the autoflowering genetics mechanisms, which I'll post up here in a bit. I'm not sure it clears a lot up, but it does confirm different modalities of action in this phenomenon... The main difference is between fully "auto" and (naturally) early blooming varieties...
I think it help explain the inconsistent results of some "FV's", and those peculiar outlier pheno's of certain landrace/heirloom varieties that have shown what appears to be autoflowering, or at least very hair-triggered pheno's in a population of otherwise typical behaving plants - (recall those PNG oddballs I mentioned a while back)...

Kush Kush auto looking good and smelling even better.. want to roll around in it
:rofl:-- the image in my head...
...garden looks great Kyote! I hope you see some bloom sign in the next couple weeks... My photo's are in the same boat, still building...
No signs of flower
...ditto! I wonder if it's gonna be a "late" year again?
GH, have you considered trying some FV's?

Day 127 for the girls! I noticed this morning I have flower starting so I expect a little stretch here shortly. Looking decent and weathered the multiple storms and a tornado warning. The tops look like I’m gonna have multiple spears
Good news! ... I think that small-pot-early-bloom thing is a Thing- :rofl:
...there's a lot of plant in those pots! Keeping them properly fed and not getting pH issues and deficiencies is something of a task, I find.... so little space, a lot of roots cramped, make it dicey for the microbes, root exudates, nute uptake and all that...

The Flowering is right on time. August-8-2023. Usually around the 9th is when I start to see flower sign in my area sometimes a few days before sometimes a few days after but around the 9th of August is normal.
At least one of us is seeing action in a more timely manner! :hump:
They look well recovered and shaped up nicely, lots of hash-bats and spears coming- :greenthumb:

@Waira update on the outdoor photo contest plants. Things are finally getting exciting. All of the girls are into flower mode and stretching seems to be slowing and bud production is increasing. Definitely not the biggest plants I've ever grown but they are pretty decent sized shrubs.
Skunk Hero 22 F1 is roughly 7 ft tall and looking strong.
20230814_162237.jpg
20230814_162244.jpg

Devils Lettuce S1 is roughly 6 ft tall and looking great! This pheno is putting out a very loud skunky aroma.
20230814_162227.jpg
20230814_162300.jpg

Speed Racer S1 is probably the furthest behind with flowering but looks a lot happier than she has all grow. She has a very similar structure as the Lilac Diesel that started the line a few years ago.
20230814_162257.jpg
20230814_162250.jpg

I'm looking forward to harvest this year with all the different flavors I have out in the garden. Happy growing everyone!

:growing::spels::growing:... looking fab' my friends! Prime time is starting - :woohoo1:

personally, i think they're all a buncha fuckin showoffz :nono: ..........................................but of course, that'z jus my own opinion, so....:mrgreen: ppp

A little update for me....
update on the outdoor photo contest plants. Things are finally getting exciting. All of the girls are into flower mode and stretching seems to be slowing and bud production is increasing. Definitely not the biggest plants I've ever grown but they are pretty decent sized shrubs.
Skunk Hero 22 F1 is roughly 7 ft tall and looking strong.
:smokeit:... true, neither you nor GTG have the shade trees as usual, something about the season/weather I figure if both of you had this happen?
In any case, maybe it's a bit of mercy on y'all- :help::rofl:
I imagine you have plenty to do on the house yet before Winter!
...funny, no pot busters for me either this season... UEL stayed on the small side from day one, even though she and AHz too actually, had big stretch potential. Miss K' hit the brakes fairly early too...
Most of them got a good root squeeze before final potting, some were not happy for sure by the time that happened but the end result is good so far. I didn't want any 6' girls or bush monsters! Most will end up in that just-right size range for me...

Ooo, DL gots the stank on it you say? Amusing to hear she's living up to her name- :rofl:...With some luck that will carry over into the buds!
Speed seems to have sorted out well now, maybe that (re-)bloom transition twitch is past and she's in proper gear again...
Yeah, this pheno does favor LD, wonder if the aroma profile follows in the buds as well- :thumbsup:

I'm looking forward to harvest this year with all the different flavors I have out in the garden. Happy growing everyone!
Cheers to that! :smokeout:... I am too, it's my aim every year to get a spread of effects and aromas with the handful I can grow.
I think I'll take night pics tonight, seems to just show better....

....Ok, now it's update time... :baked:

UEL and the semi's are doing their thing - :hump: ... I hope to see all 3 done by end of Sept., if not a bit before... UEL looks to be the favorite to finish first, she might be done in 4-5 weeks! We shall see what a couple weeks shows for development rate...
AHz and Miss K are right on her heels now, but that may change either direction yet; too soon to say!

The fully photo girls I'm hoping will show signs in a week-ish, then get bloody busy already! Meantime a little more node stacking would be nice....

>>> Asian Haze

ahz1.jpg
ahz2.jpg

>>> Ultra Early Love...
such a lovely Sati'-type built thing... hard to believe there's no Auto in her...
uel1.jpg
uel2.jpg

>>> Miss K'

msk1.jpg
msk2.jpg

....photo crew, still showing a bit of the night droops...

>>> Spice Rose's
sr1.jpg
sr2.jpg
sr3.jpg

>>> Humboldt Affy - shaped like fugly duckling but so what- LOL... she's improving thos tops, that's what matters!
haf.jpg
haf2.jpg

>>> Sour Strawburied - still too much of that damn T-rex-arms branching,...:doh: whaddya gonna do....
ss1.jpg
ss2.jpg

Last edited:
@Waira
Hi autolovers!Actualization after longer time....We have high temperatures(more 30°+) again in central Europe. 😛☀️
And I have lot of work with watering again.😅💪💦Of course I do not want negled this start of flowering and expanding plants!It'very nice to see now....

DELICIOUS COOKIES EARLY
Has plenty of leaves and I don't have time to trim after work in week,but I have free day in tommorow.✂️Resin production is so nice!
20230815_210600.jpg
20230816_075111.jpg
20230816_075040.jpg
20230816_075235.jpg
20230816_075311.jpg
20230816_075349.jpg
20230816_075327.jpg

COTTON CANDY KUSH
Wow!Now she make long colas on branches and yield potentional is extensive! ⚖️
20230815_210803.jpg
20230816_073957.jpg
20230816_074348.jpg

TROPICANNA POISON FAST
Go well!
20230815_210850.jpg
20230816_074406.jpg
20230816_074444.jpg
20230816_080714.jpg
20230816_080729.jpg

@Waira
Hi autolovers!Actualization after longer time....We have high temperatures(more 30°+) again in central Europe. 😛☀️
And I have lot of work with watering again.😅💪💦Of course I do not want negled this start of flowering and expanding plants!It'very nice to see now....

DELICIOUS COOKIES EARLY
Has plenty of leaves and I don't have time to trim after work in week,but I have free day in tommorow.✂️Resin production is so nice!View attachment 1624758View attachment 1624759View attachment 1624760View attachment 1624761View attachment 1624762View attachment 1624763View attachment 1624764
COTTON CANDY KUSH
Wow!Now she make long colas on branches and yield potentional is extensive! ⚖️View attachment 1624765View attachment 1624766View attachment 1624767
TROPICANNA POISON FAST
Go well!View attachment 1624768View attachment 1624769View attachment 1624770View attachment 1624771View attachment 1624772
Very nice guerilla!!!!!
How well are you looking for a harvest date in your area?

Citrus super Haze update
@Waira:bump:

Hey y'all :toke: :cheers::coco:

Hey everybody girls are looking good this year. Some real exceptions to the growing. I see some very beautiful plants on this thread this year very beautiful.

@Waira
I love your style this year. The Asian Haze has got my heart. She's a good looking plant.

@Prague guerilla love
@Jean-O
@Green Hornet
@mason Jar OG

All have very nice girls growing.:worship:

So we've had rain last week and the first 2 days of this week up to 2.75 of a inch in 24 hours n more rain today. UGH this is not normal for this time of year.

There's been a lot of overcast and smoky skies for a long while this year.
This as surely caused less photosynthesis in the plants this year for sure.

Y'all remember that I set out the 31st of May n didn't water on purpose, chopped them down a time or two too many. All to keep them lower and smaller this year. As well as to only grow AAA flower. No Larf will be aloud to grow this year.

I've kind of managed to keep them down below the top of my fence "kind of" I don't expect them to stretch too much further because of the lack of sun. I'm really not going to try pulling them down too much more, maybe a little bit but not too much. I don't have a lot of time to really put a lot of effort into them. All the rain has held me up from getting some of the work done I've been trying to get do on the new property. So I got to play catch up there.

The netting was supposed to go up already..:shrug:I'm going to try and get it up by Sunday. It needs to go up the branches are getting really long now and the possibility of snappage is pretty prevalent these days. I've already lost a branch off the RS-11 last week.

Well enough with the bullshit talking here we go with the photos.

Citrus super haze
IMG_20230814_094015311~2.jpg
IMG_20230817_074404145~3.jpg
IMG_20230817_074422178.jpg

:bighug::toke::smokeout::smokeit:

Back