The 2023 Outdoor Auto-Photo Competition!

Mason 4/27; entry
🔥 in the Hole

@Waira

B4B11D1C-8ED1-401F-82E8-0A1FB5736657.jpeg

We’re going with 7 Gal Rainscience bags and one auto is going into the ground this year.

The rest of the 🫘 are in the Tupperware and towel.. resting on top my internet router and crack a lackin.

This is my first year using coots gnarly barley. The girls in the tent are not complaining (check my indoor thread) and a little goes a long way if you use a quality blender or food processor.

No custom crosses this outdoor season. With this new lighting I think they will be my fall indoor run.

What size photo plants are you shooting for? That's going to be the key to when you crack seeds and how long they'll have to veg' give or take a couple-few weeks... FV's will trigger early, Sati'-dom's latest and as always the odd pheno' factor is in play too...
Sounds like 25's is a good middle ground for you? May starts, and maybe do a single transplanting from 10-15's to 25's, to give some root squeeze and trick them into slowing a bit.
This is my world here :rofl: - razors edge on pot size/plant size/ nute reserves in-soil!
A nice thing about smaller plants and greater variety, depending on your line-up, is having girls finish up in stages to stagger the harvest load and hassle....

:yoinks: holy crap, they got skint! :rofl:

Have you tried this before? It looks interesting! ...might have to try it myself....

This sort of cross was made to work in shorter season climates mainly.
Another example: Female Seeds was doing this sort of breeding to speed up Sati-dom' crosses waaaay before "auto's" were a thing. Their C99 is a perfect example of this. That cultivar was hot shizzle back in the day, and northern clime growers had shizzle chances of finishing her in time.
For Asian Haze, there's as wild of a clash of long and short(-er) season parents in her, hence the capacity to get large and stretchy (OTHaze, Meao Thai), but no 14+ weeks of blooming and late triggering thanks to the auto (his Hazes) and semi-auto (the other Thai).
No doubt about it, the auto genetics is actually pretty strongly influencing this F1 cross for sure!

:headbang: oh man, that's damn impressive GH! What really shocked me was the low myrcene and super high geraniol content. This is very unusual for an NL so far as I've seen....
How did her aroma settle after cure? That lab report hints at floral, hoppy/earthy, woods leaning aroma profile...
And how's the high? This chemistry says pretty Sativa-feeling for what's usually a more body heavy Indica high.... View attachment 1587585
Noted on who's NL this is... So many variants out there!

View attachment 1587586 ... will you be running the custom cross auto/photo's too?

Spring is late-late alright- :doh: ...but they seem to be rolling just fine with it!
No rush on choices for the Comp', Jean... I'm stoked you're running the custom crosses along with yours! I hope Mason is too, coz it'll be my vicarious grow of them since I can't run them this season, dammit!
Sounds like Speed' is carrying strong Lilac Diesel expression, which is very nice indeed- :thumbsup:
Curiosity got the best of me is the reason for the test. The buds have an earthy umami smell in the container, when a bud is ground the floral smell is profound. The buzz is an energetic coffee like that tapers off to a more relaxing sensation. Nice smooth draw with the earthy umani taste more prevalent than the strong floral before combustion. :jointman:

Night one dipped to 37f, we will see what effects it has over the next few days. Ice was on the inside of the glass at 4am
View attachment 1588051
Right on brother!! You're getting in the greenhouse early this year! Please be careful with the fabric on top of the autocob, if that get's to hot...something and fire.. Goodluck with this years grow(s) and hope to see you soon :drunks:

Please be careful with the fabric on top of the autocob,
Definitely hitting the greenhouse wicked early, maybe stupidly early we will see. The fabric lays on top of this chicken wire frame and the cob is below so hoping it’s safe, if not atleast it’s not connected to my house and the electrical is supplied by the garage which it’s own electrical panel so maybe I’d only burn down the green house and the garage:hothot::jointman:
9CB797FE-7691-405E-A570-08A0DA67E715.jpeg

If you want it to be even more of a fire hazard, you could also install a heating pot.
Works with a candle inside and the layers radiate the heat :drunks:

I'm high as hell and couldn't understand a word, but NOT too high to know put the second nut on first, washer, plate, washer and the bottom nut! Silly fugger! :funny:

I was forced to bring the girls back inside last week as Temps were dropping down into the 20s most every night n day Temps are still in the mid to low 40s. I was starting to get some damage even inside the greenhouse which has an IR heat lamp for the chickens in it. Looks like after this week I might be able to get them back outdoors n hopefully transplanted in their final home in the native Michigan soil.
20230430_130600.jpg
20230430_130554.jpg

Photo entry
Newman’s 2nd Photoperiod submission day 18 since breaking ground from seed. She was topped above the 6th node today. Planted into the greenhouse yesterday day 17. She gets nestled under a 5g bucket with a 9w GE led plant light, this gets covered in row cover. 5g buckets just happen to seat into the second up ring of a tomato cage. Super vigorous genetics
972C2FCB-8855-4E65-9FFA-C2B537DC6070.jpeg
C48A8671-0A75-4AC7-880C-2CAAF660CC18.jpeg

Back