The 2023 Outdoor Auto-Photo Competition!

I've had a Linda Seed version for over two yrs. One of the Vets I help told me it was his fav, after I dropped beans. Pop22 has grown ir and liked it. I've never had any.
I have grown from the same seed batch NL indoors and outdoors with the result seeming the same. The only difference is that the outdoor plant got much larger and is resistant to mold

Okay here’s my Lineup for this years comps

Photoperiod
El Duderino (Ghost OG x Gummiez)

Autoflower
Honey Badger (MMxx Auto)
OG Auto x Chemdawg
304 (Pinkleberry F5 x CMD F4)
Elephant Auto High CBD
9BF0CD08-1F30-485A-AD64-3C5CB198E78C.jpeg

So I put these out 2 weeks ago when it was 80 all week then all last week we were in the 40s during the day snow and below freezing at night now we're climbing into the high 40s low 50s this week and still dipping below 30 at night, burrrr! Thank God they are in the greenhouse... cold weather test check.
This year's photo contestants I still need to decide on n get official entry cards but
Crazy Kush S1 the mother that was selfed was just like as if a kush plant made a baby with a Skunk that was smothered in gas and the effects were very driven n energetic but clean with a relaxin back half I am absolutely looking forward to having a heavy yield of this stuff at the end of the season!
20230423_123031.jpg

Next Speed Racer F1 killer energetic smoke make ur heart pound n paranoid with a citric fresh linen and floral flavor. I still have flower from the Outdoor mother that started this line almost 2 and a half years ago she threw down such a massive yield.
20230423_123036.jpg

Devils Lettuce S1 probably not going to be the biggest plant in the garden but this strain throws down huge fat dense flowers with floral citric skunky aromas very evenly Balanced effects that smokes amazing any time of the day the buzz seems to shadow your mood. Definitely wanting to find out how this cultivar is going to handle outdoors here in Michigan with the crappy late flowering weather I get but I'm hoping the added ruderallis in the lineage helps carry me to a fast n early finish line...
20230423_123048.jpg

Skunk Hero 22F1 this pheno is already carrying its namesake and pumping out a heavy Skunk aroma and before I froze it outside it was growing at a racers pace. Another excellent chunky n heavy yielder with wonderfully balanced effects. I really enjoy a balanced hybrid.
20230423_123042.jpg

A few of the other outdoor girls. Creame Cheeze F1Fv and a couple of interesting crosses I got from waria C99 auto x MOB X OGK and C99 auto x Lavender x Purps.
20230423_123123.jpg
20230423_123128.jpg

I do believe everything I'm running for the photoperiods has a bit of auto in their lineage in a small percentage. Should be a great rewarding season this year! I'll pick my 3 photo entries here soon probably when I decide to drop the auto beans here in a week or 3 whenever the weather decides its time to be nice again.

Day 18 veg
Here they are at day 18… they are the solo cup plants in the pic.
E9CA0B3A-66A3-4820-92BF-929CECA04BAF.jpeg
867F7328-B1A3-4D65-82AB-E73552854548.jpeg

The three girls in the back are also going outside but not comp plants. They are clones from the left plant in my photo tent if you check that thread… the 600 rspec one.

One of my competition plants will be a Jean-O’s photo called Grandpas Exodus. I popped all three seeds in 1gal fabric pots filled with three different soils. Hoping to choose the best one for myself and gift the other two to buddies. All three have been super vigorous and are good sized for their age but the variances in soils is absurd. All watered with the same RO and Roots organics grow terp tea. :pass:
A0F203C2-3558-4F66-9302-9D4DDD648135.png

One of my competition plants will be a Jean-O’s photo called Grandpas Exodus. I popped all three seeds in 1gal fabric pots filled with three different soils. Hoping to choose the best one for myself and gift the other two to buddies. All three have been super vigorous and are good sized for their age but the variances in soils is absurd. All watered with the same RO and Roots organics grow terp tea. :pass:
View attachment 1587503
I'm kinda stunned to see the Miracle-Gro doing the best. Interesting.

I'm kinda stunned to see the Miracle-Gro doing the best. Interesting.
It is the biggest but the leaves look healthier green on the roots organic a little bit. I also want to naturally dislike the miracle gro product but it is somewhat miraculous :crying: plus it’s half the cost of the other two locally

It is the biggest but the leaves look healthier green on the roots organic a little bit. I also want to naturally dislike the miracle gro product but it is somewhat miraculous :crying: plus it’s half the cost of the other two locally
I plan on picking up a couple bags of it, but if not available… burpee organic for containers. $7 a bag 1.5 cu ft

I do like supercropping a lot myself. I’m browsing the seed vault and have some options.. High CBD I was gifted, gnome 304 and Black Lebanon are definitively on the short list for sure. I’ve been using 25 gal bags for a few years. 7gal for sure or ground this year. Otherwise it’s straight into the ground. It looks like better weather is headed this way so I’ll probably crack 🫘 this weekend.
What size photo plants are you shooting for? That's going to be the key to when you crack seeds and how long they'll have to veg' give or take a couple-few weeks... FV's will trigger early, Sati'-dom's latest and as always the odd pheno' factor is in play too...
Sounds like 25's is a good middle ground for you? May starts, and maybe do a single transplanting from 10-15's to 25's, to give some root squeeze and trick them into slowing a bit.
This is my world here :rofl: - razors edge on pot size/plant size/ nute reserves in-soil!
A nice thing about smaller plants and greater variety, depending on your line-up, is having girls finish up in stages to stagger the harvest load and hassle....

Little before and after teaser FYI before is at 💯 veg and the after is 25% 💥
:yoinks: holy crap, they got skint! :rofl:

Note: Coots mix (gnarly barley) sprinkled on 🔝
Have you tried this before? It looks interesting! ...might have to try it myself....

My biggest reason for just opening her up and letting her run the way she wants, was plainly mold. I wanted the best air flow I could have. I knew mold would be an issue from the weather and her placement,,,,,much less airflow at that location.
To be honest, I don't think either of the girls had any sorta 'auto' anything in those two. That little clone did nothing to flower until I flipped the schedule. 3 or 4 days after flip, she was whole hog into flowering.
I can say that maybe her 'rage from sprout to mid-flower' might be attributed to auto genes......I just don't know about that. Most of her life, she was in stretch and just growing upward. The EarthBox could have been a contributing factor also.
If you give her some quality light indoors, she will be a handful for sure. That why she'll get a Regular EarthBox under my HLG Diablo. I ain't skurred!
This sort of cross was made to work in shorter season climates mainly.
Another example: Female Seeds was doing this sort of breeding to speed up Sati-dom' crosses waaaay before "auto's" were a thing. Their C99 is a perfect example of this. That cultivar was hot shizzle back in the day, and northern clime growers had shizzle chances of finishing her in time.
For Asian Haze, there's as wild of a clash of long and short(-er) season parents in her, hence the capacity to get large and stretchy (OTHaze, Meao Thai), but no 14+ weeks of blooming and late triggering thanks to the auto (his Hazes) and semi-auto (the other Thai).
No doubt about it, the auto genetics is actually pretty strongly influencing this F1 cross for sure!

:coffee: Testing analysis from last years Northern Lights AFN outdoor 2022 grow
:headbang: oh man, that's damn impressive GH! What really shocked me was the low myrcene and super high geraniol content. This is very unusual for an NL so far as I've seen....
How did her aroma settle after cure? That lab report hints at floral, hoppy/earthy, woods leaning aroma profile...
And how's the high? This chemistry says pretty Sativa-feeling for what's usually a more body heavy Indica high....
hmmm.gif

Noted on who's NL this is... So many variants out there!
Photoperiod
El Duderino (Ghost OG x Gummiez)

Autoflower
Honey Badger (MMxx Auto)
OG Auto x Chemdawg
304 (Pinkleberry F5 x CMD F4)
Elephant Auto High CBD
cool2.gif
... will you be running the custom cross auto/photo's too?
So I put these out 2 weeks ago when it was 80 all week then all last week we were in the 40s during the day snow and below freezing at night now we're climbing into the high 40s low 50s this week and still dipping below 30 at night, burrrr! Thank God they are in the greenhouse... cold weather test check.
This year's photo contestants I still need to decide on n get official entry cards
Spring is late-late alright- :doh: ...but they seem to be rolling just fine with it!
No rush on choices for the Comp', Jean... I'm stoked you're running the custom crosses along with yours! I hope Mason is too, coz it'll be my vicarious grow of them since I can't run them this season, dammit!
Sounds like Speed' is carrying strong Lilac Diesel expression, which is very nice indeed- :thumbsup:

Back