Extraction The^Dudes Cobbing Experiments

The^Dude

I grow soil ecosystems that grow plants for me.
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Website
dudegardens.com
Currently Smoking
Ribs
Harvested this Bubba Kush a couple weeks ago and took a bunch of the lowers to try out Cobbing. Since this is probably a sedative indica it may make a sleepy, narcotic buzz, but I wanted to try this out before I used some nice sativa.
Here are the pics so far from initial compressing, vac sealing, and then removal from the bag after the fermentation stage. I sweated it for 24 hours at 135 degrees, then patted it dry and resealed it for a 7 day ferment. Temps averaged 80-82 during that time. No pics after sweating, just before sweating and after ferment. I'll log more carefully from here on out.
Smell is medicinal, almost like camphor, with a smoky quality. Also present is olive and herb. It's slightly spongy, just barely. I compressed it pretty hard initially. It has darkened after ferment, though not as deeply as some I've seen. I did not use a corn husk, next time I absolutely will. A small piece fell off, I chewed it and it just tastes like dried pot. This is before the cure stage, so I'm not surprised. It has lost 5-8% of it's weight at this point (I think, wasn't exact at the beginning).
IMG_8635.jpg
IMG_8709.jpg
IMG_8636.jpg
IMG_8708.jpg

My mouth is numb lol. I chewed just the tiniest bit and it's coming on, almost reminds me of that energy building right before you go on a mushroom trip. Slightly dissociative. This is nice, very mellow.

Made another one today, this time wrapped in a husk. I can tell this is gonna be fun. Strain is “The Great” by Mendocino Twenty20. Super fruity with lots of garlic hiding right underneath. Smoked a small sample in my vape last night and it had me blazed all evening, little too much even. I’m psyched to see how this one turns out. Used about 3/4 ounce this time, mostly lowers that I wouldn’t have really bothered with. Rolling it up smelled amazing.
07025FA1-39C9-42A9-AC39-5331131C02F2.jpeg
E9F59176-9EF3-4EE4-8B36-6FF755C18340.jpeg
9B4E4DCA-1790-4515-A5CC-A127FCA82006.jpeg
5C67E545-A2B7-4B88-BB93-788D2B2A8917.jpeg

So you rolled it all up in the middle of the husk.. and then? Just let it sit or do you have to wet it and seal it in like you did previously with the plastic?

I don’t have to wet it, this bud is still drying from harvest. I did vac seal it, now it’s sweating (my area hovers around 115 degrees). Does that for a day, comes out to get patted dry, then vac sealed and stored around 80f for a week or so to ferment. After that removed from vac bag, dried more fully, and back in the vac bag to cure for a month.

Back