Extraction The^Dudes Cobbing Experiments

Wait, so, fermenting does the same thing as a heated decarb? You can just eat it straight and it's active?
I had the same question, and no answer other than I’ve eaten a lot of raw bud and this was a lot more active than that. Half a dime (the coin not the bag) sized piece, just chewed then spit out, and I was pretty high.
I would say the decarb happened during the initial heating of 135 for 24 hours. Decarb, like bbq, can be done hot and fast, or low and slow.

Excellent job, Duder….thanks for sharing:slap::pass:

I'm glad someone pointed me to this thread - I'm very interested in trying this way of consuming cannabis (chewing :biggrin:)
I'll take my time to read the original Tangwena thread now...
Thank you for the detailed process ^^

There is no mention here of seeding, inoculation, etc., such as adding pure live yeast (as used to make bread, beer, etc.). Otherwise, if not done, if not overwhelmed by seeding and with the partial vacuum and compression, I presume you are getting natural environment-based fermentation - primarily misc. fungi, including some yeast, and some partially aerobic/anaerobic (less need for O2) bacteria.

Similar to doing much the same on a large scale, such as composting food wastes, leaves, processing fresh coco coir, etc., there will likely be some temperature build-up from metabolic activity, particularly in the center area (contributing to decarboxylation?).

Theoretically, an issue (seems likely?) might be some loss of THC, other cannabinoids and/or desired terpenes to fermentation/metabolism, with all of these surely biodegradable to some extent by such mixed/diverse microbial culture.

Last edited:
There is no mention here of seeding, inoculation, etc., such as adding pure live yeast (as used to make bread, beer, etc.). Otherwise, if not done, if not overwhelmed by seeding and with the partial vacuum and compression, I presume you are getting natural environment-based fermentation - primarily misc. fungi, including some yeast, and some partially aerobic/anaerobic (less need for O2) bacteria.

Similar to doing much the same on a large scale, such as composting food wastes, leaves, processing fresh coco coir, etc., there will likely be some temperature build-up from metabolic activity, particularly in the center area (contributing to decarboxylation?).

Theoretically, an issue (seems likely?) might be some loss of THC, other cannabinoids and/or desired terpenes to fermentation/metabolism, with all of these surely biodegradable to some extent by such mixed/diverse microbial culture.
Many of the microbes are probably the same that assist longer cures, this is just accelerated with the heat and higher moisture, plus the removal of most of the oxygen. I wouldn’t seed this process personally, we know what the end product is, but not enough about the actual microbial interactions to properly seed. This process is a modern version of a traditional one that was not seeded, and may have been diversified even further by wrapping in leaves from other crops.
Plus, when possible I always prefer a natural “Wild” fermentation, just like when I make kimchi or other fermented veggies at home.

I wouldn’t worry about the loss or transformation of thc, the end product is still very potent and unlike any other cannabis products that I’ve dosed with in the past.
If you get the chance try it out, and if you do tinker with seeding let us know how it goes.

Really cobbing is basically "bokashi-fying" some tight moist weed packed as a tamales :biggrin:
I think I'll try this technique...
:greencheck:
I’d definitely recommend trying it out, it is an interesting product for sure. The physical euphoria is pretty fantastic.

I’d definitely recommend trying it out, it is an interesting product for sure. The physical euphoria is pretty fantastic.
I've sourced corn leaves (to make tamales) ok, but I'm yet to find a not too expensive vacuum/sealing device.
Do you happen to have a link to such product by any chance ?

Last edited:
I've sourced corn leaves (tacos) ok, but I'm yet to find a not too expensive vacuum/sealing device.
Do you happen to have a link to such product by any chance ?
I got one suspiciously cheap off Amazon. It’s no longer available, looks like the lowest is now in the $40-50 range

@The^Dude Your website's down ?
Interested to learn about your living soil technique ^^
Oh, yeah, the more I learned about SEO the more I learned to hate website hosting. Content writers are cheapening and diluting knowledge so much that I couldn’t be a part of it all. I’ll see what resources pop into my head over the next few hours and post em here.

Back