Extraction The^Dudes Cobbing Experiments

I just ordered all the stuff I need to do cobbing of some of the girls in this grow.

Anova Culinary AN400-US00 Nano Sous Vide Precision Cooker, 12.8" x 2.2" x 4.1", Black​

EVERIE Sous Vide Container 12 Quart EVC-12 with Collapsible Hinged Lid Compatible with Anova Nano or AN500-US00, Also Fits Instant Pot​

Anova Culinary ANVS01-US00 Anova Precision Vacuum Sealer, Includes 10 Precut Bags, For Sous Vide and Food Storage​

Anova Culinary Precision Vacuum Sealer Bag (Rolls),Clear,ANBR01​

My procrastinating ass still hasn't worked the Mangoes N Chem sitting in the freezer. :face::biggrin:
Would it be best to take out the amount that I'm going to use, let it thaw out in the open and maybe acquire fresh microbes before I start the cobbing process?
I'm looking forward to using this process on a THC/CBD girl and see what the effects of what that would give! Twenty20 Vidamints is making some beautiful frosty buds in quite the abundance!

I just ordered all the stuff I need to do cobbing of some of the girls in this grow.

Anova Culinary AN400-US00 Nano Sous Vide Precision Cooker, 12.8" x 2.2" x 4.1", Black​

EVERIE Sous Vide Container 12 Quart EVC-12 with Collapsible Hinged Lid Compatible with Anova Nano or AN500-US00, Also Fits Instant Pot​

Anova Culinary ANVS01-US00 Anova Precision Vacuum Sealer, Includes 10 Precut Bags, For Sous Vide and Food Storage​

Anova Culinary Precision Vacuum Sealer Bag (Rolls),Clear,ANBR01​

My procrastinating ass still hasn't worked the Mangoes N Chem sitting in the freezer. :face::biggrin:
Would it be best to take out the amount that I'm going to use, let it thaw out in the open and maybe acquire fresh microbes before I start the cobbing process?
I'm looking forward to using this process on a THC/CBD girl and see what the effects of what that would give! Twenty20 Vidamints is making some beautiful frosty buds in quite the abundance!
Twenty20 has some fantastic beans, every one of their plants I’ve grown has been stellar.

I’d do what you’re describing, let it reacquire some good microbial activity before starting. I always have some semi recently harvested plants hanging whole in the dry room, so maybe some microbial seed material.
I’d also expect a decent amount of them to survive the freezer, so it may not matter much, but I’d at least let it get to room temp in the open before starting.
I lost all of my fresh frozen when we lost power last winter, and neglected to cob any of my last harvest. Such is life.

Twenty20 has some fantastic beans, every one of their plants I’ve grown has been stellar.

I’d do what you’re describing, let it reacquire some good microbial activity before starting. I always have some semi recently harvested plants hanging whole in the dry room, so maybe some microbial seed material.
I’d also expect a decent amount of them to survive the freezer, so it may not matter much, but I’d at least let it get to room temp in the open before starting.
I lost all of my fresh frozen when we lost power last winter, and neglected to cob any of my last harvest. Such is life.
Yeah, Adam has some frigging fire !!!!!
Yeah, I figured I would have to leave it out for a couple of days to acquire some natural microbes. I think I'm going to just going to shake that stuff in the freezer.

I've got some real fire awaiting harvest very few days from now. So how many days does fresh cut need to be dried before you start cobbing?

Yeah, Adam has some frigging fire !!!!!
Yeah, I figured I would have to leave it out for a couple of days to acquire some natural microbes. I think I'm going to just going to shake that stuff in the freezer.

I've got some real fire awaiting harvest very few days from now. So how many days does fresh cut need to be dried before you start cobbing?
I think I did 3 or 4 days, it depends on how dry you run your drying room. It usually takes me about two weeks to get dry enough to jar up. I believe the big thread has a reference rh that folks use, but it’s been a while since I looked.

It has begun!!
:eyebrows:

2 zips each of Root Beer Float and Vidamints!
IMG_20230703_160548456.jpg

So I opened up the bags and patted cobs dry. So when I vacuumed them again, it pulled them down tighter and a bit of juice come out and spread through the bag. So, I vacuum seal them and I'm going to let them sit in the water for another 12 hours.
I will be 100% assured that all these juices are fully and evenly distributed.
After that, I'll just open them up and follow regular procedures.

Alright, I sweated the Cobs for another 12 hours. I cut the bag and s and pulled them out and then wrapped them in paper towel and lightly apply pressure evenly.
That pulled out a bit more moisture. With the amount of moisture, I can tell that the moisture level was even throughout the Cobb.
I placed the Cobbs back in fresh bags and revacuumed. I'll store them in my walk in closet for the next seven days.
IMG_20230705_085728500.jpg

Nice work, Bill! I may eventually give this a try if my patient is interested. I've cluttered the house enough with grow toys at the moment. Though a sous vide and sealer could be a "kitchen" purchase in disguise.....

Back