Extraction The^Dudes Cobbing Experiments

Alright, I sweated the Cobs for another 12 hours. I cut the bag and s and pulled them out and then wrapped them in paper towel and lightly apply pressure evenly.
That pulled out a bit more moisture. With the amount of moisture, I can tell that the moisture level was even throughout the Cobb.
I placed the Cobbs back in fresh bags and revacuumed. I'll store them in my walk in closet for the next seven days. View attachment 1611181
Wow, those look pretty dark, gonna be some good stuff!

Wow, those look pretty dark, gonna be some good stuff!
That was my thinking also.
I had to reseal the short fat one. I have no idea where the leak was so I just replaced the bag. This was the second time I had to reseal. I also did a double seal, just to make sure.
I just redid it, and it was sweet smelling, so I knew the fermentation was taking effect.

Man I just had a damn epiphany!:woohoo:

I didn't have any leaks in those bags! Not one leak!
I feel so stupid not realizing what the hell it was! Funny, but still!
It wasn't a leak I was seeing, it was the gases from the fermentation! :face::funny::funny::funny::funny::funny:

Hi, these cobs have been sitting in my walk in closet fermenting in their sweet juices.
So the next part of this is to dry them out for a few days and then reseal them?
Kinda just to throttle the fermenting process?

So I pulled the cobs out of the bags and I'm letting him dry for a couple of days. I put them in a paper bag and put them with the girl that is drying in the tent and let them dry for a couple of days and then I'll bag it back up.

It's crazy how you can see "crystals" sparkling when you look at it.
IMG_20230717_125801523.jpg
IMG_20230717_125932580.jpg

So I pulled the cobs out of the bags and I'm letting him dry for a couple of days. I put them in a paper bag and put them with the girl that is drying in the tent and let them dry for a couple of days and then I'll bag it back up.

It's crazy how you can see "crystals" sparkling when you look at it.
View attachment 1615539View attachment 1615540
Awesome! Looks like something other than weed though. 💩 I betcha that's some really good shit. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

After 2 days drying in the paper bag in the tent, both cobs are back vacuum sealed.

I'll store them with my grove bags in my chest of drawers with the other cannabis at 76*F.

They smelled great. Still fairly heavy, s there's still a good amount of moisture. I think I'm gonna wait another two weeks and do the same thing. The temp should slow the fermenting process.

You guys have done this, could you see little sparkles, which I assume is the trichomes?

They sparkle a lot!
IMG_20230719_171747818.jpg

After 2 days drying in the paper bag in the tent, both cobs are back vacuum sealed.

I'll store them with my grove bags in my chest of drawers with the other cannabis at 76*F.

They smelled great. Still fairly heavy, s there's still a good amount of moisture. I think I'm gonna wait another two weeks and do the same thing. The temp should slow the fermenting process.

You guys have done this, could you see little sparkles, which I assume is the trichomes?

They sparkle a lot!
View attachment 1616223
Yeah, they do get sparkly. I’ve heard that’s… it’s been a minute… salt crystal blooms? Either way, it’s a great sign and your process looks on point! How long are you going to keep them sealed before drying em out all the way?
I got into the ones I made a couple years back and they’re still an amazing chew.

Yeah, they do get sparkly. I’ve heard that’s… it’s been a minute… salt crystal blooms? Either way, it’s a great sign and your process looks on point! How long are you going to keep them sealed before drying em out all the way?
I got into the ones I made a couple years back and they’re still an amazing chew.
I'm winging it. What do you suggest?

Back