The Manic Mushroom

2-2 update
We got a little behind on updates over the holidays. Most APER tubs got one flush then trashed them. I love the speed and growth of the APER, potency is not there though. 4g of APER feels like 2g of Yeti. For the Yeti tub, I squeezed as many shrooms as I could out of it. Both the Yeti and MVP(lc/colonized bags) feel stronger than either the Wild Texas or APER(multi spore syringes). Haven't tried the JMF or Enigma yet.(LCs)

I've been tripping every 2 weeks since I started growing. After 1 bad trip, I no longer like the smell or taste of mushrooms. I was hurling and dry heaving for hours it felt like. It was probably like 10 minutes in reality but the memory is much much longer lol. So from then on it's been tea or hot chocolate only.

For making tea/water extract I bring the desired amount of water to a boil, remove from heat, toss my finely ground mushrooms in and stir for 10 minutes. Then strain the water through a coffee filter and steep my tea bag or add my hot cocoa. No nausea.

I'm beginning to experiment with Microdosing now. A #0 Capsule seems to hold about .2g with a bit of tamping. I started loosely filling .1g MVP each day for a week, and this week I am on .2g MVP. Might step it up again to .3 next week. From testing about 0.66g of MVP begins to feel noticeable for me.

I'm finished growing for now. I've got more mushrooms than I know what to do with. Still have a jar of MVP LC and some Yeti Agars in the fridge, so I could start up again anytime.

Here's some sources I used:

YETI and MVP Pre colonized 5lb bags - Legit AF, only released every couple months though
Enigma, JMF, Jack Frost Liquid Cultures - Looks legit but I haven't sampled them yet

Got most my bulk substrate here - a little cheaper in bulk orders
Agar and Grain bags here - More grain mix options.

Most miscellaneous stuff came from ebay

I agree with the ape. Had them a few times never got me off the ground. Next batch dude got was pe and they where twice if not more stronger. If he get ape again im going to decline not worth the money. If I got spores sent to me and it was freezing or close to would it ruin them?

I agree with the ape. Had them a few times never got me off the ground. Next batch dude got was pe and they where twice if not more stronger. If he get ape again im going to decline not worth the money. If I got spores sent to me and it was freezing or close to would it ruin them?

Spores should be okay. I'd think LC would be fine as long as it's not freezing. We keep LC in the fridge anyway.

The Apes I have are APE reverts, they don't look like any APEs I've seen before. APE and PE are supposedly stronger.

Found this somewhere, potency varies quite a bit but the APEs are in the top half.
5acmbltyghh81.jpg

Spores should be okay. I'd think LC would be fine as long as it's not freezing. We keep LC in the fridge anyway.

The Apes I have are APE reverts, they don't look like any APEs I've seen before. APE and PE are supposedly stronger.

Found this somewhere, potency varies quite a bit but the APEs are in the top half.
View attachment 1563242
Im definitely going to give growing them a try here in the near future. Im not sure what reverted means. But the apes I had where not as strong as others Ive had. Probably the weakest truthfully. Id get pe for sure. For my first grow.

Morning, mushroom folks! Been thinking of getting into this. Been a long time since I’ve consumed any “good” mushrooms… so, looking at kits and wondering what I should get and where. I’ve seen kits on Lindaseeds but still not sure. Would a kit like that be good for a beginner in this ? Any help from y’all would be greatly appreciated.

Linda seeds list
Hawaiian blue meanie
Brazilian
Alcabenzi
Rusty white- albino A+ & rust spores
Puerto rico
Mazapatec- mexican
Panamerican
Burma
McKennaii
Amazon PES
Ecuador
B+
thailand
Colombian
Golden teacher

not new to psychedelics but don’t wanna jump in with both feet. A good midrange and ease of growth would be perfect.Not looking for the rocket ship yet… just wanna take a good ride without fear of jumping the rails.@Atulip… you are the reason I’m here posting. Saw you over at my thread. Did a little snoop on your posts and found this thread.

hey @Jpkindbud - enjoy growing the shrooms, I have tried a few times recently and I am getting better - either way it is top fun.
Are you based US or Europe side - there are plenty of good sites around - the most highly recommended I have seen in teh US is NorthSpore - they even sell fully colonised bags ready for fruiting - over this side of the pond mainland Europe there are a few, and in the UK sporebuddies has been the one I have had the most success with.
The GOlden Teachers are the standard to grow for starters but I found them pretty weak (did plenty of LSD and mushies growing up) but they are great for micrdosing = I am doing .3g of GT every 3rd day and it has certainly perked me up.
Going for Cambodian now and then going to go for the AA+ which seem to be a good call for a strong trip

have fun
Z

Morning, mushroom folks! Been thinking of getting into this. Been a long time since I’ve consumed any “good” mushrooms… so, looking at kits and wondering what I should get and where. I’ve seen kits on Lindaseeds but still not sure. Would a kit like that be good for a beginner in this ? Any help from y’all would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure about their kits. Looks just like a little tub in a bag, would probably work fine. But I would recommend buying a sterilized grain bag and substrate bag, and making yourself a monotub. And starting with LC will be better than spores in most ways. If you're in the US and don't mind waiting on a drop pre colonized bags will save you time and lower failure risk. I would've started with those had I researched more first.

If you're outside the US I'm not sure of vendors, or if you can get LC/bags colonized.

hey @Jpkindbud - enjoy growing the shrooms, I have tried a few times recently and I am getting better - either way it is top fun.
Are you based US or Europe side - there are plenty of good sites around - the most highly recommended I have seen in teh US is NorthSpore - they even sell fully colonised bags ready for fruiting - over this side of the pond mainland Europe there are a few, and in the UK sporebuddies has been the one I have had the most success with.
The GOlden Teachers are the standard to grow for starters but I found them pretty weak (did plenty of LSD and mushies growing up) but they are great for micrdosing = I am doing .3g of GT every 3rd day and it has certainly perked me up.
Going for Cambodian now and then going to go for the AA+ which seem to be a good call for a strong trip

have fun
Z
Thanks @Zaaboot , US here. It’s been a while for me. Last trip was 8 yrs ago. LSD blotter, not awesome but strychnine was on point! Been missing a “reset” for a while. Did lots of acid in the long ago along with shrooms, peyote. Not at the same time obviously. Lol. Just been awhile. Now my sons are interested and would rather have this experience with me the first time. Both have a little anxiety, not about doing it… just in general and I think this would help. As well as having a mind expanding experience. With their father as the guide. Thanks for the info. I’ll be checking northspore out today!

Not sure about their kits. Looks just like a little tub in a bag, would probably work fine. But I would recommend buying a sterilized grain bag and substrate bag, and making yourself a monotub. And starting with LC will be better than spores in most ways. If you're in the US and don't mind waiting on a drop pre colonized bags will save you time and lower failure risk. I would've started with those had I researched more first.

If you're outside the US I'm not sure of vendors, or if you can get LC/bags colonized.
Thanks @Atulip ! I will check their site out. I explained to Zaaboot my experience and quick rundown of experience with psychedelics. Not a newb but never produced my own. In this day and age with everything having fentanyl in or on it, I’d rather know I’m not gonna die from accidental opiate overdose… getting it from the standard channels. Can’t even trust the hippie phish/m.o.e heads anymore! Most of them will try ANYTHING! Oh and in the US

Back