Tyler_Durden88

It's all about the Trichomes
Reaction score
I'm making this thread bc I'm sick of seeing all these myths on what not to do with autos such as topping and HST. I'm not saying it should always be used but certain strains really benefit from topping. It is true Autos have alot less room for error so depending on your skills and exsperience topping should be approached with caution and should only be tried after mastering LST techniques. Here's a few pics of plants I've topped and mainlined just like you would a photoperiod. There's a few things I ask myself before doing it though
1.Plant growth pattern. (Short,tall,ect)
2. Is the plant healthy enough to take the stress.
3.How long is the veg. Period of the plant.
4. Is the risk worth the reward.
1550730254931638.jpg
1550730255213676.jpg
20190212_002139.jpg
20190109_232015.jpg
20190109_232022.jpg
20190107_174356.jpg

Ive never done anything to my autos, but not bc I didnt think it could be done, simply bc I dont fool with them much imma photo grower all day every day lol and they're always my main focus.
Autos for me was always just a nice early harvest to.hold us over until my photos are finished. Lol.

I truly think a person cld clone a auto, ppl always say it cant be done, but I don't see why not, plants lie dormant until roots sprout. If it was a branchy young auto with long grow time like the supers,.. seem like def cld be done. I dont believe the "dont transplant" hype either truly. A plant is a damn plant.

Yo @Mizzo81 you top your plants And defoliate?
Defoliate yes top not anymore the one or two I did monstered out on me and I didn’t have the space lol but I do minor lst when needed I’m more a sitback and watch lol. I will get some that need it or look to want it lol. My big thing is ponytailing to get the lowers all to come out and form nice rings of colas around the main. In order of how I do it. First ponytail depending on strain 1-5 hrs a day for usually 3-4 days is enough. I leave the top open just enough for a little light to get in so the main Doesn’t stunt too much. Then defoliate to keep the lowers and the budsites getting light and of course if branches are all growing on top of each other I’ll spread them out a little. Seems to work for me gpw is solid I don’t complain about final product so customers are all happy lol.

Ive never done anything to my autos, but not bc I didnt think it could be done, simply bc I dont fool with them much imma photo grower all day every day lol and they're always my main focus.
Autos for me was always just a nice early harvest to.hold us over until my photos are finished. Lol.

I truly think a person cld clone a auto, ppl always say it cant be done, but I don't see why not, plants lie dormant until roots sprout. If it was a branchy young auto with long grow time like the supers,.. seem like def cld be done. I dont believe the "dont transplant" hype either truly. A plant is a damn plant.
Some folks make seeds off clones but don’t get much bud off one. I think biggest I saw was 15 grams

Exactly. Autos can be cloned but why bother when you can clone a mother photoperiod during flower and re veg. Her. But yes I agree it can be done exspecially with aeroponics. It's all about the genetics as well some strains are touchy and temperamental like the hazes and other sativa dominant strains. But others like gorilla glue, kush and other Indica dominants are so hearty and strong topping them dosent even seem to slow them down. And dude don't get me started on transplanting I've been arguing with ppl on here about the benefits of transplanting since day 1.lol. Putting a seedling in a 5 gallon pot slows growth. I always transplant at least once or twice. But like I've said it has to be done with care and not like an asshole.lol

Some folks make seeds off clones but don’t get much bud off one. I think biggest I saw was 15 grams
When cloning you take the tips of the mother plant bc the tips have the highest level of hormones that make it grow faster and the softer greener stems let nutrients travel faster than the woody more solid ones. I dont have the room for a couple monster mothers right now or id go back to cloning. I made more money off just selling clones than growing them out but i got bored of it and like the roll of the dice when popping a seed. This is more of a hobby for me than anything else and I like the challenge of growing autos since your against the clock. But if I go commercial like I want to here soon I'll go back to cloning and pheno hunting

Exactly. Autos can be cloned but why bother when you can clone a mother photoperiod during flower and re veg. Her. But yes I agree it can be done exspecially with aeroponics. It's all about the genetics as well some strains are touchy and temperamental like the hazes and other sativa dominant strains. But others like gorilla glue, kush and other Indica dominants are so hearty and strong topping them dosent even seem to slow them down. And dude don't get me started on transplanting I've been arguing with ppl on here about the benefits of transplanting since day 1.lol. Putting a seedling in a 5 gallon pot slows growth. I always transplant at least once or twice. But like I've said it has to be done with care and not like an asshole.lol

Yea for sure, imma old hand and transplanting haha I started working as a landscaper at 12 years old fr.
Ppl think these 1 gallon transplants are something, try 15 and 20 gal root bound pots, you better have some strength haha I can pick up a 15 or 20 gal root bound get it to chest level one finger in drian hole and other hand on dirt with stem between middle fingers and pop out 10 or 15 like that in prolly 10 mins no damage ever.

The truth is if people really wanted to hit next level gardening you would stop searching cannabis realted terms, and start being geared towards str8 up agriculture.
Believe me venus fly traps, are way harder to grow than the cannabis weed. Haha cannabis is comparable to tomatoes, corn, tobacco on ease of growth.

Back