I'm second gen cannabis grower my family's always grown it and while I've learned alot from their exsperience times have changed and the stuff out now like nutrients,lighting,mediums, and genetics have taken it to new heights. We have access to things they didn't so it's a whole diffrent ball game in a way. Don't get me wrong some things are universal but alot of the older grow methods are outdated. They used to use eggshells,fish guts, chicken shit, backstrap molasses and what they had access to. With these new nutrients and hydro systems and led grow lights I'm producing a far better product than they did. But I focus on quality and their main focus was quantity. I got the best bud around right now by far but I'm constantly having to step my game up to keep it that way with all the new advances in the growing industry.
Well outdoor is a totally different world than indoor, and all those things still work fine.
What really determines how.good your weed is gonna be is the genetics, the DNA.
Alot of times people think they're a great grower when actually they just got great seeds. Lol
The true 100% best way of growing anything is the truely natural way, not bags of meal organic,
im talking deciduous Forrest floor organic, many many years or more to create a small 4 inch layer of pure black gold made from orange clay. Thats where the magic is.
Its now.gotta be called Holistic gardening, bc organic is labeled as things like.bone meal etc.

I got a property that has some of the richest soil in the world, you can dig down a literal 6 ft, and never hit a rock or clay, just pure dark brown perfect soil. And they're will never be anything man made that compare to it.
I wander what dirt is actually ?
im amazed by things like that lol

And I think thats alot of mis information these days about genetics and growing, like with people thinking the weed of today is so much better along with the techniques they use.
I know too many old heads in thier 60s that smoke hydro and they swear they dont get as high as they did off the originals from back in the day, like Columbian gold, panama red, the true original Afghans and thais.
Ive heard of thai stick that would blow away room fulls of people, it may not have had the fancy taste look or smell (at least whats popular 2day) but the buzz is why it got put into the drug trade back then.
Weve actually fked up the plant in alot of ways, bad breeding. Im still using NPK ferts indoor myself right now, but I hope to go full holistic soon.
And the actual proof that natural holistic gardening is by far superior is you can grow any and every plant in the world with it and they will love life...most true landraces with those npk ferts fks em up, they cant handle it, its foreign substance. And 2 strong.

Here is a plant grown holistically in living soil indoor, this plant is pretty much str8 land race. Cascadian Frost.
They have GG#4 GSC all the new day strains and they said this is there favorite daily smoke by far.
20190225_002223.jpg
20190225_002239.jpg

The genetics are 1976 thai stick X 71 Kandahar afgani. Then they crossed in blue moon rocks. Thats the future of the weed game. And that what ill prolly be incorporating back into all my strains are original land race.

Last edited:
And I think thats alot of mis information these days about genetics and growing, like with people thinking the weed of today is so much better along with the techniques they use.
I know too many old heads in thier 60s that smoke hydro and they swear they dont get as high as they did off the originals from back in the day, like Columbian gold, panama red, the true original Afghans and thais.
Ive heard of thai stick that would blow away room fulls of people, it may not have had the fancy taste look or smell (at least whats popular 2day) but the buzz is why it got put into the drug trade back then.
Weve actually fked up the plant in alot of ways, bad breeding. Im still using NPK ferts indoor myself right now, but I hope to go full holistic soon.
And the actual proof that natural holistic gardening is by far superior is you can grow any and every plant in the world with it and they will love life...most true landraces with those npk ferts fks em up, they cant handle it, its foreign substance. And 2 strong.

Here is a plant grown holistically in living soil indoor, this plant is pretty much str8 land race. Cascadian Frost.
They have GG#4 GSC all the new day strains and they said this is there favorite daily smoke by far.
View attachment 1020092 View attachment 1020093
The genetics are 1976 thai stick X 71 Kandahar afgani. Then they crossed in blue moon rocks. Thats the future of the weed game. And that what ill prolly be incorporating back into all my strains are original land race.
The average thc level back then was 5-10 % tops. Now its in the 20-30s and some outdoor is better than hydro all depends on climate. Look at autos for instance not to long ago they weren't even worth growing bc of the low thc and yields. But after years of breeding now they are hard to tell the diffrence between them and photoperiods. The two most important things about growing is genetics and genetics.lol. you can be the best grower in the world with the best equipment but if your growing a shitty strain Joe shmoe can grow a better plant in the closet if he's got better genetics. That's the main diffrence between then and now and the science is justf getting better and better wich helps also. Hydro gives faster growth and a cleaner taste but soil done right is can be just as good sometimes better. I like growing in hydroponics bc of the control it gives me. I can give the plants what they need when the need it.

The average thc level back then was 5-10 % tops. Now its in the 20-30s and some outdoor is better than hydro all depends on climate. Look at autos for instance not to long ago they weren't even worth growing bc of the low thc and yields. But after years of breeding now they are hard to tell the diffrence between them and photoperiods. The two most important things about growing is genetics and genetics.lol. you can be the best grower in the world with the best equipment but if your growing a shitty strain Joe shmoe can grow a better plant in the closet if he's got better genetics. That's the main diffrence between then and now and the science is justf getting better and better wich helps also. Hydro gives faster growth and a cleaner taste but soil done right is can be just as good sometimes better. I like growing in hydroponics bc of the control it gives me. I can give the plants what they need when the need it.
Well I dont think anyone could accurately know what the THC levels were from back then at all ,and possibly not even now, I would actually have to understand their testing procedure b4 I said I think its accurate.
And all the 20% 30% levels and beauty and flavors we see are and always have been in the genetics, selective breeding just made those traits stable.
The best strain out of tons ive smoked since a kid for me is a easy choice of Chemdawg 100%, never forget first time I got some, and it became my parents favorite first time they tried it 2. Bc it does have a great quality buzz. Bluedream was in top 5 for along time,but its too phenotype dependent,some awesome some got that generic ass effect.

Where alot of people messed up is they was so amazed by flavors and looks by time late 80s early 90s and on up started hitting is that became the focus more than the effect it gives you for breeding, and now many many MANY lol strains have the same generic buzz with abunch of great flavors.

And they so crossed up theyll all eventually turn into a IBL and forget true F1 hybrid Vigor coming back if you dont have any landraces to play with.

I also breed American Bullys and believe me as a breeder things can be over hybridized bigtime.
Id bet in 10 years all the future breeders will be searching high and low for true land races to cross back into those polys.
Like dense nugs is something we all just fell in love with but if want a true sativa psychedelic kinda buzz you gonna smoke some ugly fluff if its a true 100% lol which is cool with me. And the Mazar I sharif X Guerrero I got on the way is a hybrid landrace both parents land race and ive got word from breeders n growers " that itll knock the fk outta u" bc I dont care to tell ya I dont feel like I get high enough either off alot of shit, or the buzz isnt special enough is better said.
Screenshot_20190220-162332_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Mankind has manipulated plants since the beginning from the vegetables to trees. Making them grow faster stronger bigger and better. The same is happening with cannabis today. It's a fact that cannabis strains now days are way more potent and engineered for faster growth, and bigger yield. The science is indisputable in that fact. Its a natural progession. Marijuana is unlike every other plant we know of it the fact that if it's not pollinated it grows bigger and bigger flowers while most plants won't unless they are pollinated. And the whole sativa and Indica % is pure speculation. There is no test to distinguish what percentage a strain has of either. And the growth characteristics dont apply anymore bc of all the breeding over the years. To make a test we would have to have a pure Indica strain and a pure sativa strain for a baseline and no such strains exist that we know of. So when you see sativa and Indica % all that is is some dude taking a hit and making a guees nothing more.

View attachment 1020092 View attachment 1020093
My favorite strains are pre 1998 bubba kush,original GSC,bluedream,and the white and triangle strains by kromes. White 99 being my favorite.

Mankind has manipulated plants since the beginning from the vegetables to trees. Making them grow faster stronger bigger and better. The same is happening with cannabis today. It's a fact that cannabis strains now days are way more potent and engineered for faster growth, and bigger yield. The science is indisputable in that fact. Its a natural progession. Marijuana is unlike every other plant we know of it the fact that if it's not pollinated it grows bigger and bigger flowers while most plants won't unless they are pollinated. And the whole sativa and Indica % is pure speculation. There is no test to distinguish what percentage a strain has of either. And the growth characteristics dont apply anymore bc of all the breeding over the years. To make a test we would have to have a pure Indica strain and a pure sativa strain for a baseline and no such strains exist that we know of. So when you see sativa and Indica % all that is is some dude taking a hit and making a guees nothing more.
Yea I agree that they have been improved in all the ways you mentioned,but the kicker is potency dont create the actual effect we all feel, it can be 30% thc with a generic ass buzz. Your prolly just satisfied bc hell your high lol but really think about all the different strains me n u have smoked, that all carry that generic buzz im talking about. Theres not many stand outs of the 100s and 100s ive tried.

Thats where most all the newer breeders have failed, I can imagine them smoking the different phenos they grew out and they come.to this fluffy one that maybe a low yielder but S.O.B it knocked they're dick in the dirt, and wasnt chosen bc of the other faults, thats a mistake when your breeding a damn "drug" hahaha. Im gonna make sure unique and very noticeable effects are bred back into my lines eventually.

Last edited:
My favorite strains are pre 1998 bubba kush,original GSC,bluedream,and the white and triangle strains by kromes. White 99 being my favorite.
I got the original pre 98 bubba X stud Stardawg, and original GSC/starfighter X stud Stardawg also indiana bubble gum clone only, Dj shorts BB temple cut. Josey wales GG#4, Bruce banner [HASHTAG]#13[/HASHTAG], and many more,,..got most all the real deals, they all just X with a fantastic stud Stardawg. F1s.
Thats why im The seed bandit haha.
20190225_115455.jpg

20190225_114311.jpg

I got the original pre 98 bubba X stud Stardawg, and original GSC/starfighter X stud Stardawg also indiana bubble gum clone only, Dj shorts BB temple cut. Josey wales GG#4, Bruce banner [HASHTAG]#13[/HASHTAG], and many more,,..got most all the real deals, they all just X with a fantastic stud Stardawg. F1s.
Thats why im The seed bandit haha.
View attachment 1020581
View attachment 1020582
Damn I thought I had a seed bank lol. We're did ya get the Bruce banner I've had a hard time finding the true Bruce banner. But I gotta be low key until the laws pass so I'm skeptical about alot of seed banks. They all boast up their strains then you get em and their below average or they test the one rare phenotype that is good and post the results for that one pheno.. their tricky bastards.

Damn I thought I had a seed bank lol. We're did ya get the Bruce banner I've had a hard time finding the true Bruce banner. But I gotta be low key until the laws pass so I'm skeptical about alot of seed banks. They all boast up their strains then you get em and their below average or they test the one rare phenotype that is good and post the results for that one pheno.. their tricky bastards.
Yea I feel you thats why I only deal with USA breeders period. Lol believe it or not im in your same boat of "waiting" feel me haha everything Greenpoint has is str8 flame and 100% legit Bruce banner came from him as well im smoking onna Kurple fantasy/stardawg( its named doc holiday) right now and all phenos super funky.
GU is the breeder, he got a unbelievable once inna lifetime stardawg stud from Top dawg seeds and everything that stud hits he works his magic, the rest is history for his game hes alredy made millions litterally.
im laughing if any ppl think any autos is touching any of these lines, they're for the connisour.
Also I got the original Tennessee hierloom hawgsbreath X alien Kush from CannaVenture rusty is the breeder there, and Dungeons Vault Genetics is doing big things 2! that Humble pie is very nice, it won 7th place in the Emerald cup best outdoor flowers, and thats going up against the top 500 breeders in USA.

Back