My lines gonna be so dank 2 bro, my first 2 planned breedings getting ready to be born soon! Royal Abduction and Ghost of E.T.

I'm making this thread bc I'm sick of seeing all these myths on what not to do with autos such as topping and HST. I'm not saying it should always be used but certain strains really benefit from topping. It is true Autos have alot less room for error so depending on your skills and exsperience topping should be approached with caution and should only be tried after mastering LST techniques. Here's a few pics of plants I've topped and mainlined just like you would a photoperiod. There's a few things I ask myself before doing it though
1.Plant growth pattern. (Short,tall,ect)
2. Is the plant healthy enough to take the stress.
3.How long is the veg. Period of the plant.
4. Is the risk worth the reward.
View attachment 1019048 View attachment 1019049 View attachment 1019051 View attachment 1019055 View attachment 1019061 View attachment 1019064
I'm impressed with the pics. I have been growing a long time. Just harvested my first autos. Think I got about 2 oz per plant. Got a bunch more on the go. I always lollipop my photos. What are your thoughts on this as far as autos go? Ive been trying to debunk myths about autos. Clearly by your pics you know what's up. So yes lollipop or not?

I'm impressed with the pics. I have been growing a long time. Just harvested my first autos. Think I got about 2 oz per plant. Got a bunch more on the go. I always lollipop my photos. What are your thoughts on this as far as autos go? Ive been trying to debunk myths about autos. Clearly by your pics you know what's up. So yes lollipop or not?
It's all based on the strain some strains can take more abuse than others. My advice would be to grow out the strain first and see how she grows before cutting on her.

It's all based on the strain some strains can take more abuse than others. My advice would be to grow out the strain first and see how she grows before cutting on her.
10-4. I will do.some experimentation.

Indica strains like kush are more resiliant than others. Gorilla glues tough as nails and takes alot of abuse as well.
Good to know I'll keep that in mind. I have 2 girlscout cookies drying. The third one is a solid 3 weeks behind so I get her a little lolipoping yesterday to get rid of the popcorn buds and so on. Should have lollipoped earlier. But it is what is is. Got 3 auto chemdog and a northern lights x big bud auto and 2 6 shooter auto on the go with some photos right now. Im gona do some experimentation on them.and see what I can get away with withough hurt in em to much. Thanks for the info! Cheers

Defoliate yes top not anymore the one or two I did monstered out on me and I didn’t have the space lol but I do minor lst when needed I’m more a sitback and watch lol. I will get some that need it or look to want it lol. My big thing is ponytailing to get the lowers all to come out and form nice rings of colas around the main. In order of how I do it. First ponytail depending on strain 1-5 hrs a day for usually 3-4 days is enough. I leave the top open just enough for a little light to get in so the main Doesn’t stunt too much. Then defoliate to keep the lowers and the budsites getting light and of course if branches are all growing on top of each other I’ll spread them out a little. Seems to work for me gpw is solid I don’t complain about final product so customers are all happy lol.
Mizzo81, great information. I’m a long time grower, I’ve tried just about all way, soil, soilless, dwc.
However first time using Autoflower. A bit of a learning curve, do I feed or let her just grow with water. Water, tap vs ro water, lst vs hst. So much can carry over but some are total no way you do that. That’s why it’s so good to hear from those of you that are successful growers. Fortunately I seem to be following in your footsteps, I seem to be using your methods so pray for me to have as much success as you. Grow on my brother, grow on.

i agree with @Tyler_Durden88 if there healthy i top all of mine and lst there really tough autos

Mizzo81, great information. I’m a long time grower, I’ve tried just about all way, soil, soilless, dwc.
However first time using Autoflower. A bit of a learning curve, do I feed or let her just grow with water. Water, tap vs ro water, lst vs hst. So much can carry over but some are total no way you do that. That’s why it’s so good to hear from those of you that are successful growers. Fortunately I seem to be following in your footsteps, I seem to be using your methods so pray for me to have as much success as you. Grow on my brother, grow on.
What are you growing in media wise? Nutrients ECT? If your new to autos stick to LST at first until you get a few autos under your belt and get a feel do the strain. The biggest adjustment going from photos to autos is their feeding habbits. Autos are very nute sensitive compared to photoperiods. I grow both and my autos are usually at half strength from the photos. If your in soil don't get soil with a abundance of nitrogen. They don't veg for long and don't get to eat alot of it witch leads to nitrogen toxicity in flower. For me 60/40 coco to perilite drain to waste hydroponics works the best. I use Reverse osmosis water and green planet gp3 and AN sensi ph perfect line I'm still testing to see witch one I like more. Right now it's a tie but the AN is alot easier to use. Here's a few pics of the ladies I got now.
20190816_002635_compress68.jpg
20190813_004034_compress9.jpg
20190813_004000_compress37.jpg
20190731_001340_compress80.jpg
20190816_011249_compress11.jpg
20190816_011306_compress51.jpg
20190816_011311_compress51.jpg
20190816_011323_compress26.jpg

Indica strains like kush are more resiliant than others. Gorilla glues tough as nails and takes alot of abuse as well.
Word! The more I beat on the more she gave. 8oz+ had to stop training as I could not reach the pot lol. She drank 2gal+ every other day, and would have took more. I was out of room so stopped. Biggest auto I've done so far but was fun absolutely beat the snot out of her lol. I feel more of a roll in the growing when I manipulate them. Not that they need my help hahaha. But I am interested in Bruce Banner as well if someone can direct me to ad US breeder/bank that has it. Want to do my 1st photo grow but not sure how light proof my tent is. Autos dont mind if there is a little light, well "that's what I heard" anyways. I want to do a 100% sativa to see what it's like compared to a mostly auto. But I was lst supercrop ponytail defoliation always unless a issue comes up.

Back