Understated Yield

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll add one more thing. Almost every reason why a person turns from soil is poor watering. The world of coco is alien to me. I've seen it done many times and I'm always left wondering why.

I hear people say the following all the time, Coco dries out faster and more wet/dry cycles lead to more production. That is only true for soil. I'm looking to go as long as the plant will allow me to go between waters. Not the shortest. Is kind of like when I hear people say that a plant is a heavy feeder. That is not a good plant characteristic to have. It just makes you feel like you're doing something.
You have never grown in Coco, so you don't understand it. I have been growing in Coco for a VERY long time. Anyone who knows anything about Coco knows that plants in Coco thrive by being fed multiple times per day. You get faster growth in Coco when you feed more often, and less amounts. You don't have to feed heavy, just often. Plants in Coco eat up nutes like hydro. For Organic growers using big ass pots you only have to water every other day because it stays wet longer and you don't feed them like Coco with nutes. Coco is Hydro with a medium. Soil is organic. They are different. Different growing styles require different feeding methods. There are advantages and disadvantages of any growing style. I prefer multiple feedings in small pots of Coco for my Autos. Someone else might like 7 gal Soil grows that water every Few days. Who's is better? Mine for me. Yours for you. Experiments prove a lot. I have done many. Find what you like for yourself. I can promise one thing, I know a little about Growing in Coco. I have done thousands of plants. Feeding often is the key to rapid growth. Not feeding daily in Coco is starving your plants.

Ok, I'm gonna call it. No pics... it never happened.
4 pages of my buddy grows monsters and you all don't know jack.
I smell troll.
He’s posted pics on other threads. I would love to see some individual plants pulled out of the tent shots I’ve seen though.

I think it is very right.

Thanks for the clarification on the super part of what was being discussed. In terms of taking a biological packet of goodies and just throwing it in, that just sounds odd to me. The reason is that if it's good, there will be a phase that your bucket will be too hot. If the plant attempts to pass through that part of the bucket while the soil is cooking it will stunt the tap root on your plant and reduce the over all yield because it will negatively impact the stretch.
It’s added in phases. The bottom 1/3 full strength next third mid and the top vervlightly amended. So the plant hits the levels of supersoil at an age when they’re ready for more food.

I'm not a troll. At least do a quick search before making a claim. I'm not showing off my buddies plants more than I have or for any reason other than I wish to do what it is that I'm doing. In other words, I'm not hear to prove anything to you. I share what I want and if you glean from it something useful then enjoy and provide back to world in some way.

If you consider my statements that of a troll then it likely means you are far from your potential. Keep experimenting. Talk to old growers.

Ten on a Mephisto is a chip shot guys. If you're not getting it you should be asking why not. In a week I will let you guys know what the average is. My guess is that it will be between 11 and 13.

Some highlights. My buddy did amazing on his Walter. Oh man was that one of the nicest plants I've ever seen. My guess it goes 10. The buds were so big and crazy it is very hard to ballpark. Ripley's was out of control I think they go 15 per. The Hubbabubba was pretty nice but I don't think I like that plant. It's a tough grow and with so many other choices in the Mephisto line up I don't think she is worth the effort. But the Hubbabubba is still going to go over 10 each. The AVT was stunning and will easily go 11-12 each.

The final on the NCH was 13.2.
The final on one early harvest AVT was 11.5 and it was the smallest.
The final on the Sour Stomper was 5.5 each

My buddy is going to try to step it up. I suspect he will be able to average over 16 and that will be the limit. Just a gut instinct on that call and nothing more.

Safe growing to all

You have never grown in Coco, so you don't understand it. I have been growing in Coco for a VERY long time. Anyone who knows anything about Coco knows that plants in Coco thrive by being fed multiple times per day. You get faster growth in Coco when you feed more often, and less amounts. You don't have to feed heavy, just often. Plants in Coco eat up nutes like hydro. For Organic growers using big ass pots you only have to water every other day because it stays wet longer and you don't feed them like Coco with nutes. Coco is Hydro with a medium. Soil is organic. They are different. Different growing styles require different feeding methods. There are advantages and disadvantages of any growing style. I prefer multiple feedings in small pots of Coco for my Autos. Someone else might like 7 gal Soil grows that water every Few days. Who's is better? Mine for me. Yours for you. Experiments prove a lot. I have done many. Find what you like for yourself. I can promise one thing, I know a little about Growing in Coco. I have done thousands of plants. Feeding often is the key to rapid growth. Not feeding daily in Coco is starving your plants.

If you've been doing for a long time and are happy with what you're doing. That sounds like a win.

Unfortunately, very few people are fortunate enough to be able to sample properly done organic buds (rare) and properly done synthetic buds (rarer). I luckily can say that I do. I know folks who have perfected their craft on both sides of the fence. Organics are going to take it every time on power and flavor.

So we can turn this into a synthetic vs organic discussion but I don't think there would be much of a discussion to be had. It would have to come down to sitting in a room and burning dobbers till we pass out. You up for it?

Lastly, I suspect most reason why people go synthetic is the yield. If you have chosen this path for that reason and it is giving you numbers higher than 10 well then great. But if not, consider whether violating the evolution of the plant is worth while.

Last edited:
If you've been doing for a long time and are happy with what you're doing. That sounds like a win.

Unfortunately, very few people are fortunate enough to be able to sample properly done organic buds (rare) and properly done synthetic buds (rarer). I luckily can say that I do. I know folks who have perfected their craft on both sides of the fence. Organics are going to take it every time on power and flavor.

So we can turn this into a synthetic vs organic discussion but I don't think there would be much of a discussion to be had. It would have to come down to sitting in a room and burning dobbers till we pass out. You up for it?

Lastly, I suspect most reason why people go synthetic is the yield. If you have chosen this path for that reason and it is giving you numbers higher than 10 well then great. But if not, consider whether violating the evolution of the plant is worth while.
Your comments make little to no sense. Growing Organic doesn't make the plants effects stronger. A properly grown organic plant does taste nice, but it does not improve potency. My yields are pretty hard to beat. There is 0% chance someone would out yield my Coco VS Soil in a 3 QUART pot

Your comments make little to no sense. Growing Organic doesn't make the plants effects stronger. A properly grown organic plant does taste nice, but it does not improve potency. My yields are pretty hard to beat. There is 0% chance someone would out yield my Coco VS Soil in a 3 QUART pot
I don't think he's actually grown a plant before just his buddy I have friend like that my buddy does this my buddy does that but he's never grown a single plant in his life

I think it is very right.

Thanks for the clarification on the super part of what was being discussed. In terms of taking a biological packet of goodies and just throwing it in, that just sounds odd to me. The reason is that if it's good, there will be a phase that your bucket will be too hot. If the plant attempts to pass through that part of the bucket while the soil is cooking it will stunt the tap root on your plant and reduce the over all yield because it will negatively impact the stretch.
You layer the Super Soil in different STRENGTHS in your pot. I am kind of confused that you think it is weird to add an amendment like Super Soil to a medium yet you are boasting your Friends Organic grow that is with a soil amendment with almost identical ingredients....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back