Understated Yield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont you find adding dirt stuff to coco screws up the drainage of coco bad enough that its not worth doing it?
Super Soil doesn't or Biotabs didn't screw up my drainage. Straight Coco and Organics are very hard to to to finish and not get a deficiency. Coco does not have enough organics in it to sustain a full organic grow, whereas a good Organic soil will work much better with Biotabs or Super Soil.

I left an email requesting information on it. No response. It looks like Super Soil basically. Which doesn't work well in Coco. I wanted to see how you can use it in Coco from Start to finish. Super Soil runs out of steam. So do Biotabs. Coco and organics are hard to get same result as with nutes. I just don't like dirt. But would love to have an all Organic Coco grow that yields well.

Not sure why you'd want to run Coco and super soil together. Seems illogical. Please explain.

Not sure why you'd want to run Coco and super soil together. Seems illogical. Please explain.
Both Biotabs and Super Soil claim you can use their products with straight Coco. What is illogical about trying to grow organic? No explanation needed.

Super soil is just a highly amended soil. Not sure how Super Soil can claim it's good to use with Coco. Are talking about a specific producer of Super Soil? How are you using Coco and Super Soil?

Super soil is just a highly amended soil. Not sure how Super Soil can claim it's good to use with Coco. Are talking about a specific producer of Super Soil? How are you using Coco and Super Soil?
He’s talking about the amendments that go into super soil to make it super. Companies claim u can use with coco and make super coco basically.

Super Soil is Also an Organic powdered amendment sold by Mephisto...in which case this is what I am referring to. You add it to your medium at the time you prep your pots. I'm not talking about a premade soil, like Subool.

Hope its ok for new guy to throw in $.02.
Coco doesn't have a good CEC (cation exchange capacity) like peat or leaf mold, which is one of the main reasons why it doesn't work well with soil building type recipes that require microbes to make the nutes available. With coir lacking cations, the nutrients can't bond to anything and are washed away from the soil easily, before the plant can use them. But coir sure works good with liquids and synthetics.
hth
cheers
os

Hope its ok for new guy to throw in $.02.
Coco doesn't have a good CEC (cation exchange capacity) like peat or leaf mold, which is one of the main reasons why it doesn't work well with soil building type recipes that require microbes to make the nutes available. With coir lacking cations, the nutrients can't bond to anything and are washed away from the soil easily, before the plant can use them. But coir sure works good with liquids and synthetics.
hth
cheers
os
Somewhat right.

I think it is very right.

Thanks for the clarification on the super part of what was being discussed. In terms of taking a biological packet of goodies and just throwing it in, that just sounds odd to me. The reason is that if it's good, there will be a phase that your bucket will be too hot. If the plant attempts to pass through that part of the bucket while the soil is cooking it will stunt the tap root on your plant and reduce the over all yield because it will negatively impact the stretch.

I'll add one more thing. Almost every reason why a person turns from soil is poor watering. The world of coco is alien to me. I've seen it done many times and I'm always left wondering why.

I hear people say the following all the time, Coco dries out faster and more wet/dry cycles lead to more production. That is only true for soil. I'm looking to go as long as the plant will allow me to go between waters. Not the shortest. Is kind of like when I hear people say that a plant is a heavy feeder. That is not a good plant characteristic to have. It just makes you feel like you're doing something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back