Understated Yield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone tried growing in coir using osmocote plus? Ive been having good luck lately using coir with a light dose of osmocote and watering with my normal coir nutrients. I found on a different forum someone said about 4g/liter of osmocote is ideal for coir. Like stated above, coir plants want to be watered a lot, but I think this keeps them going between waterings, if you dont want to do small waterings multiple times / day... No way to flush this way, but I think the osmocote will mostly be used up by the time plants finish anyway, autos that is.

You layer the Super Soil in different STRENGTHS in your pot. I am kind of confused that you think it is weird to add an amendment like Super Soil to a medium yet you are boasting your Friends Organic grow that is with a soil amendment with almost identical ingredients....

Well lets see. How can I explain this?

Lets start with you comment about strength. I disagree with you. Organic buds are generally stronger. This is not up for debate. Two perfectly done plants, one synthetic and one organic, that were perfectly grown should be close but the edge will go to the organic because of its terpine profile. You said, Organic tastes better. Thats because they developed naturally and have the full spectrum. That in of itself will make it stronger.

Don't get me wrong a guy who has mastered a genetic using synthetics can really hit a home run. It's possible but rare. Most synthetic growers find a good middle ground and do that to all the plants. A synthetic gardener has to specifically tailor the liquid nutes given to that plant to maximize the output. So it's a lot of work and you never know if you're maximized or not. You could just be in what is called a local maximum.

So lets see with soil what do you do. You put some food in your soil. You let the bacteria and fungus do their job and the plant, standing at the buffet line, says that looks nice. I'll have some of that and some of that... Then the plant sends a text thanking the grower for giving her just the right amount of water and allowing her soil to experience all the wonderful levels of Ph.

Do your plants send you nice thoughtful text messages?

The purpose of this post was to sway @mephisto to make the yield numbers more representative of what a plant can do. Many genetics in the seedguide are listing maximums at 150g. Seriously that is joke compared to what I've seen.

I would like to be able to look at the seedguide and know, ok compared to the world of Mephisto growers, here is where I'm at. etc...

There are genetics that my buddy wants to explore but I don't think he wants to end up with numbers like the Sour Stomper which suck. The flower is pretty good but the numbers don't line up for specific motivations.

I don't think 1lb plants or close to it are a norm so I think your missing the point it's not the avg probably because no one is perfect or grows perfectly your buddy is a super star by the sounds of it

I don't even believe that what my buddy is doing is maximized. I think he's in the ballpark but he isn't even at bat yet. Now that he's at the baseline, turnkey 10+, the next step will be to play with the variables and move to 15+.

Honestly I think it's possible. I'm talking averages. Ripley's does 15. Sky Stomper from his last run did 14.5 each.

Well lets see. How can I explain this?

Lets start with you comment about strength. I disagree with you. Organic buds are generally stronger. This is not up for debate. Two perfectly done plants, one synthetic and one organic, that were perfectly grown should be close but the edge will go to the organic because of its terpine profile. You said, Organic tastes better. Thats because they developed naturally and have the full spectrum. That in of itself will make it stronger.

Don't get me wrong a guy who has mastered a genetic using synthetics can really hit a home run. It's possible but rare. Most synthetic growers find a good middle ground and do that to all the plants. A synthetic gardener has to specifically tailor the liquid nutes given to that plant to maximize the output. So it's a lot of work and you never know if you're maximized or not. You could just be in what is called a local maximum.

So lets see with soil what do you do. You put some food in your soil. You let the bacteria and fungus do their job and the plant, standing at the buffet line, says that looks nice. I'll have some of that and some of that... Then the plant sends a text thanking the grower for giving her just the right amount of water and allowing her soil to experience all the wonderful levels of Ph.

Do your plants send you nice thoughtful text messages?
You like to hear yourself talk. I said good organic buds taste nice. Organic growing will not increase the strength. And Terpene profiles are not strength. I don't believe your friend is yielding that much in any form of growing, especially Organic. Furthermore, I would rather have 5oz of Killer Sour Stomper vs 10oz of Trichless AVT or Ripley's. Some strains yield better than others. But to say 5oz per plant of Sour Stomper sucks, I say....You Suck. Does your screen name stand for Instagator? Because that's all you are doing. Have you ever grown? You act like you know about growing, but you don't. I hate that about this generation. All talk. And zero real experience, just what you read and learn from others makes you feel experienced. I am done wasting my breath on someone who doesnt grow, but his buddy this and buddy that is the shit. You won't earn respect around here, but I don't think you care...you already know everything.

You like to hear yourself talk. I said good organic buds taste nice. Organic growing will not increase the strength. And Terpene profiles are not strength. I don't believe your friend is yielding that much in any form of growing, especially Organic. Furthermore, I would rather have 5oz of Killer Sour Stomper vs 10oz of Trichless AVT or Ripley's. Some strains yield better than others. But to say 5oz per plant of Sour Stomper sucks, I say....You Suck. Does your screen name stand for Instagator? Because that's all you are doing. Have you ever grown? You act like you know about growing, but you don't. I hate that about this generation. All talk. And zero real experience, just what you read and learn from others makes you feel experienced. I am done wasting my breath on someone who doesnt grow, but his buddy this and buddy that is the shit. You won't earn respect around here, but I don't think you care...you already know everything.
Hit the nail on the head lol

I will leave it where I started it and ignore the negatives. Sound trolly to you.

The numbers reported in the seed guide are way too low on a per plant basis. Data should be culminated from this website in order to determine the upper bounds. The real upper bounds. Not some bs.

Also do research on terpines and how they interact with cannabinoids. Complexity of cannabinoids and terpines does increase strength. Several authors I've read suggest that more research is needed on the ratios between various cannabinoids and terpines; they aren't understood enough. Do you believe THC is the only indicator of strength? Actually don't answer it. It's rhetorical. I no longer wish to discuss your synthetic bottled nutes grow. Just crack the foil seal and pour away....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back