Update Feeding Chart for AF?

1 tsp SC per 5 gallon pop to chop and when using BE I always use 1/2 tsp per 5 gallon mix
I am putting 1.0g per gallon so was wondering if that close. My BE I use at 2g per gallon from week 4 on.

Hey @Dabber, thanks for sharing your approach. I will no doubt stick to autopots, and wonder if you would suggest reducing your nute levels given that I would not be alternating with waterings with only kelp. I may add kelp to my mix, but alternating with the autopots would not work, and absent alternating, I might effectively be using twice as much MC and other stuff as you do.

Thanks again for sharing - your grows are in inspiration to us newcomers! :worship: :thanks:

Hey @Dabber, thanks for sharing your approach. I will no doubt stick to autopots, and wonder if you would suggest reducing your nute levels given that I would not be alternating with waterings with only kelp. I may add kelp to my mix, but alternating with the autopots would not work, and absent alternating, I might effectively be using twice as much MC and other stuff as you do.

Thanks again for sharing - your grows are in inspiration to us newcomers! :worship: :thanks:
:welcome: I'm not familiar with autopots and I would keep nute level the same and add kelp to mix but only 1/ 2 strength. If res is 10 gallon than I would use 1/2 tsp kelp instead of 1 tsp it calls for.

I started using kelp to help save on MC, I know MC is cheap :LOLStoned:, just was easier to just add 1/2 tsp to 5 gallon water so instead of mixing 2 MC mixes I mix 1 of each.

Note using kelp will extend the growth time plants seem to veg longer and take longer to finish. I cant argue with the results I've been getting since starting kelp and my buds are denser

Here's my method
Day 1 to 7 5 gallon mix 5 grams MC 1 tsp SC
Day 7 to 14 5 gallon mix 10 grams MC 1 tsp SC
Day 14 to 21 5 gallon mix 15 grams MC 1 tsp SC ( for 1 5 gallon feeding I will add 1/2 tsp BE )
I mix 5 gallon GL kelp it takes 1/2 tsp for 5 gallon I foliar feed till preflower and rotate feed 1 MC then 1 kelp
Flower
Day 21 to start of flower 5 gallon mix 15 grams MC 1 tsp SC
Flower to 2 / 3 weeks before harvest 5 gallon mix 20 grams MC 1 tsp SC 1/2 BE
Then 5 gallon mix 10 grams MC 1 tsp SC
Last week 5 gallon mix 1 tsp SC
I mix 5 gallon kelp and rotate feedings same as when in veg stopping kelp when I stop MC
I rarely us plain water

Awesome, very much appreciated @Dabber !
I’ll maybe try upping it slightly to 3g/gal on the next feed to see how they like it.

Another quick question If you don’t mind, how much runoff do you usually have at each feed?

Awesome, very much appreciated @Dabber !
I’ll maybe try upping it slightly to 3g/gal on the next feed to see how they like it.

Another quick question If you don’t mind, how much runoff do you usually have at each feed?
very little to done I also keep a round tray to catch when I do it just soaks back up rainscience grow bags are SWEET

I'm on first MC grow, so far it's much more convenient mixing and diluting this than dealing with my old nutes!

very little to done I also keep a round tray to catch when I do it just soaks back up rainscience grow bags are SWEET

Hmm, interesting. There’s a lot of beginner info which heavily suggests that there should always be 5-10% runoff for older nute salts to get pushed out. Previous grows I was watering 2.5L for these 2 gal pots And would have like 400-500ml, which was probably too much, but I was trying to prevent salt up.

The last few plants I’ve switched to just 2L at a time which give about 150-200ml runoff. Once I was lazy and just let it suck up the runoff, seemed be ok that way too.

But I guess all this might also depend on the medium as well ( I’m using Pro-mix HP w a bit of extra perlite and dolomitic lime)

Back