only thing I'd say ion do not use a stocking. the mess it too close to freely brew a life swapping tea. it'll hold more stuff then give it. it can stagnate ime. use cheese cloth tied up in a pouch and dangle it in works,an extraction bag from tea labs in my favorite or by some material and make one. its probably pretty easy honestly

I looked up 400 micron mesh (what tealab uses) and the cheapest I could find was a product on amazon for $6.99, made for food straining like a cheesecloth. I'd post a link but I always forget how and f it up LOL anyhow its:
Quadruple Time Nut Milk Bag Handmade Reusable Green Strainer - Fine Mesh Nylon Cheesecloth & Cold Brew Coffee Filter (1PCS/300Mesh)
Only 300 micron but close. Cheapest option to buy ready made bag, but a cheesecloth would work just as well I'd assume.

48 hours is typical for brewed. If the smell turns really sour (you'll know it) it is past its prime.
I will drench my plants first and some pots I have ready then the dirt box will get a dose too.
If there is any left outside to the garden where I grow tomatoes. I love organics.

Hello tea lovers.......I drenched my girls this am and they exploded. I think they grew an inch in a couple of hours. I just checked them a few minutes ago and they are smiling at the "Light of Cob" and look another inch taller. Thanks you @Eyes on Fire for setting me straight on brewed tea for my girls. There just is no denying that organic growing is fun. It is like playing golf. You gotta work at it to be good. Then when you get it dialed in....nirvana sets in...........

it really depends on the brew materials, the size of the bubbles and the temp of the water imo. that cheese bag nut thingy lmfao will work fine. i still say get the 20 dollar bag. I had one for three years or better now with NO issues. solid piece of gear to add to your toolbox. smaller bubbles means shorter brews. ime typically like 12-24 hours. larger bubbles or larger amounts of water you can go 24-36 and fully blown tea snake like tea labs its a solid 24-48 hours max. but again is its a heavy tea sometimes a shorter brew should take front stage. but imo ...overall I would shoot for 16-24 hours with gallon aqaurium styles small bubble brews. warm or cooler temps.

Air pump advice please , I am looking at buying a better air pump , So what volume would be best , The one I am looking at is 38 ltr a min [ 10 gallon ] or 2280 ltr a hour . [ 620 gallon ] Thanks guys .

Greetings organic tea lovers.......if you are not here yet? You will be soon.......:thumbsup:
Most of my tea experience revolves around Lipton and Bigelow tea.
I am finishing up another batch as I type this and it looks like an A & W root beer. Yummy eh?
I tweeked the recipe posted earlier in this thread a bit by adding some cal-mag and then the most interesting stuff. Dirt.
1/4 cup of dirt from the compost area and 1/4 cup from another area. I have now introduced those wonderful microbes from the outside environment into my inside environment. I have also shorten my brew cycle to approximately 15 hours.
Now it is time for the dump. I would like to thank some of the organic guys here that shared their knowledge with me and you if you can read. lol
@hecno, @Eyes on Fire, @pop22
The stuff you soil scientists post is invaluable and I truly appreciate this as I believe the medical side of growing this plant is helping thousands of people with various types of relief for dealing with their medical conditions. The medical community needs more researchers like you folks.
:thanks::thanks::thanks:

Last edited:
Back