Henco firstly I should apologise for such a short post and not explaining properly.

I am not sure about the soilatest cause I was thinking of doing an organic soil run with a veg and bloom tea and then giving soilless grow a go with the teas.

I would rather like to make my own team cause it's something I've been wanting to do for ages. And I think this time I'm gonna do it.

I have my own worm farm and compost pile so I have some of the basics. I just need to get the other stuff down.

Pete :greenthumb:

Yeah soilless is another venture I want to play around with at some stage. Buy till now I can't get away from organic soil. It's just so rewarding.

I always got hold of Guano for feeding but Bloom fertilizer is hard to get and the ones I can get hold of cost a bit to much for an entire season. If I could get through with just one or 2 plants then yeah but unfortunately I love smoking a lot. LoL.

So I want to make my own teas for feeding. It sounds and looks like a lot of fun

Pete ;greenthumb:

Wow Henco. That is some great info you passed along. :thanks:

I just read through some of it quickly, actually just the bloom fertiliser part, and I am surprised at how easy it is. And apart from that you don't use much at all.

I will get started on my brews asap.

Pete :greenthumb:

hey everyone I just wanted to share my tea that I am going to make for my plants

well I decided to give my plants one last compost/worm castings tea

I am going to make it like I did last time and pre-charge my compost and worm castings before I brew with it by blending the ingredients in a bag with a bit of water for 24 hours before I use it to brew with (I do this to get the microbes active to cut down on the brewing time)

I put some plain carbon filtered tap water (filtered water not R/O water) about 4 gallons in my 5 gallon bucket that I am going to let bubble overnight (I added 2 grams of sodium ascorbic to the water to help remove the chloramine chlorine from the water before I use it)

so tomorrow morning I will add my pre-charged compost and worm castings to my bucket this time I will be adding it to a filter bag instead of just dumping it in like I did last time

I made this batch with

1 cup Malibu compost (in its own bag)
1 cup worm casting (in its own bag)
2 tablespoons insect frass (one tbsp. per bag)
2 tablespoons bokashi (one tbsp. per bag)
1/8 tsp. grandma's unsulphured molasses mixed with one cup of water

see you all tomorrow when I start my brew

001.JPG
002.JPG
004.JPG
005.JPG
006.JPG
007.JPG
008.JPG
009.JPG
010.JPG
011.JPG
012.JPG
015.JPG
017.JPG
019.JPG
020.JPG

hello everyone :coffee2:

so I got up this morning and got my tea ready to brew!

I took my Malibu compost and my worm castings that I pre charged overnight and put them in the mesh bag and I took one of the two bubble air stone lines and put it inside the mesh bag and used a binder clip to hold it to the side of the bucket the bubble air stone line goes in the bottom of the bucket

next I added one teaspoon of roots organics surge (its a Hydrolyzed fish product plus kelp and humic acid) just for food for the microbes and I also added one tablespoon of grandma's unsulphured molasses more food for the microbes

I covered it with a bucket lid to prevent foam from going everywhere lol

here is a full list of what I used in the tea
I made this batch with

1 cup Malibu compost
1 cup worm casting
2 tablespoons insect frass
2 tablespoons bokashi
1 tablespoon grandma's unsulphured molasses
1 teaspoon roots organics surge

now all I have to do is let it bubble for 24 hours and water my plants with it tomorrow

001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG
006.JPG
007.JPG
008.JPG
009.JPG
010.JPG
011.JPG
012.JPG
013.JPG
015.JPG

1/4 cup vermicompost (worm castings)
- 1/4 cup fungal-dominated compost
- 1/4 cup garden soil
- 1/4 cup forest soil
- 1.5 ounce of soluble unsulphured black-strap molasses
- 2 ounce of soluble kelp
- 1.5 ounce humic acids
- 1.5 ounce fish emulsion
- 3 tablespoons rock dust
I fed my girls @ day 4 and will again around day 21 My plants seemed to love it next batch will have a banana peel tea added to the mix. Per 5 gallon

Back