Hi guys, been doing a fair bit of reading past few weeks and mixed up some soil about a month ago now, it wont be used for another month or two but I was looking into tea recipes to supplement my soil but also tea's that I might be able to use on my current auto grow in Biobizz All-mix. I am trying to get away from the bottled nutes and switch over to tea's so any input will be great for me...im slowly building my knowledge on what certain ingredients do and why im using them...so if there's anything I have messed up or I could change/add I would love to know why like to know why so I can understand for the future :)

I will be bubbling in a 5 Gallon / 25L bucket with a large aquarium pump which I know isnt ideal but its for my old 600L fish tank so I assume its pretty well sized....

I currently have the following ingredients I can use and have at hand...if anyone thinks its worth be getting any extra bits then I can do....im in the UK and it can be quite hard to get ingredients...but if its going to be worth trying to find something im happy to do so...

Biobizz Allmix
EWC
Bone Meal (3.5-18.5-8)
Hoof and Horn (13-0-0)
Epson Salts
Volcanic Rock Dust
Kelp Meal
Neem Meal
Organic Blackstrap Molasses
Oyster Shell Powder
Calcium Sulphate
Guano High P (1-10-1)
Humic Acid

Would these recipes be a good starting point for myself? Ive based the quantities on a few that ive read from a few peoples recipes...

Veg/Growth Tea
5 Gallon RO Water
1 Cup Allmix
1 Cup EWC
1 TBSP Hoof and Horn (13-0-0)
1 TSP Kelp Meal
1 TSP Neem Meal
1 TSP Molasses

Flower/Bloom Tea
5 Gallon RO Water
1 Cup Allmix
1 Cup EWC
1 TBSP Bone Meal or Guano (Or both)
1 TSP Kelp Meal
1 TSP Neem Meal
1 TSP Molasses

Now I understand what all the ingredients do (or so I think) and what they should provide but I am unsure if the quantities are correct or a good starting point...obviously in the current all-mix im guessing I may have to increase the amount of Bone meal or Guano as its not going into a mixed soil with fairly high concentrations P and K...but in my mixed soil I already have these mixed in so maybe less will be required...i fully appreciate its all going to be a bit of trial and error though :)

Also Im assuming that if the plants are showing Magnesium or Calcium deficiencies I can add some epsom salts or oyster shell into the teas? Or is there a better way to supplement this...I have some PM Mag/Cal but as far as Im aware this isnt organic so would rather stay away from it...

And is it worth adding the volcanic rock dust at any point? Ive mixed this into my soil that I have mixed up but its not currently in my soil (just store bought allmix)

Well if it were me I would do a few things.

The Tea IMHO should look like this in my eyes. veg tea

5 gallons water

2-3 cups EWC, OR 2 cups EWC and a cup or bokashi and/or cow compost

a small sprinkle of horn and hoof But I would personally not use it just in case it wobble it since its a hot item like a guano.but never used it. but if so take a tsp and sprinkle one across the top.

1-2 TBspns Kelp Meal

1/2 cup of Alfalfa Meal

3-4 ounces of Molasses. OR 2 ounces or three,AND 2-3 ounces of Moles ass juice, and an N fish fert like 5-1-1 Alaskan or similar. even a kelp blend is fine.IF you do this I would NOT use the hoof n horn stuff.

Flower Tea

5 gallons water

2 cups EWC

1 cup bakshi

1 cup compost (cow ideally)

1 TBspn Bone meal will work. and IME guanos tend to make a tea hot quickly especially if its brewed.

1/4 cup of Kelp meal to no more than 1/2 C

3-4 ounces of molasses. unless you get a fish fert like a 0-10-10 or similar. then a split of 2 ounces of moles ass juice and 2 of the bloom fishies. again if you go with the fish I would slack or omit the bone meal and round the Kelp meal scoop to 1/2 rounded cup.

and sprinkle some epsom and disolve prior to feeding for a light cal mag but I would get some GO cal mag and add a few drops prior to feeding.or equilibruim works nice too for flower.has a 1-2-2 rating.. Big bloom or even a kelp powder in conjunction works well with a tea too.

and if you have a lot of guano you should also have a decent amount of lime too plus with the hoof n horn. I never use guano in a tea unless i had zero alternative.

Okay been reading up a little here and there.... couple of Q's in the interest of time. Not lazy just really busy with a huge work project right now so my time to research is limited.

What strength & quantity are you typically starting with and using on a daily or weekly basis when feeding your organic live soil?

I have read & heard differing opinions on the shelf life of the tea once made. Realistically can you chill it? or does it need to maintain a certain outdoor temp range?

How are you dealing with PH? Are you adjusting it at all? or is it more about the makeup of the tea that matters that you're brewing in the RO, or not to RO?

Thanks in advance!!

Teas should be used within 48 hours. You have a good chance of it getting bad after that. Make up of the tea is the main thing, I dont ph. Brew 24 and use. You can use lesser amounts for a milder feed. Compost and ewc should not get too strong. Adding the meals and guano ups the strength.

All right kiddos I am wading into the brewed tea pool. I called the people at Lipton Tea and told them I thought there tea wasn't worth a damm for growing weed. The guy said it must work somewhat because you sound really f'cked up. Our tea is for you to drink so you can relax and enjoy the moment. I said that's why I smoke weed instead of drinking tea. He called me an idiot and I said don't do that because you have just pissed off @Puddentane as he carries that label. I'm gonna call Bigelow and NesTea next to see whats up with that.
If you really did such a thing calling Lipton Tea then I can only say that you are one of the top deities of trolling and you deserve worship from the rest of us!

If you know the inputs that you have built your soil with and what they do it will lead you to what type of teas you need . , and read your plants you will know what tea they need Takes a bit of practice --- The amount of times I F$%# up ---. I do not use teas any more I build soil . I am looking to build a 80% stand alone . I think I have got it . [ K ] is what I need more of in the soil . I fed the soil with seaweed [K] and molasses [K] , both good microbe food too . When I water it is fish pond water . 500 Liter tank , It is my sons fish tank . :biggrin: So what -K- tea would you make . :thumbsup: 17 day in flower .
DSC_0005.JPG

Back