a gallon of water. decent water.RO water or similar. solid tap/well water.

a half cup of EWC and a TBspoon of molasses. another TBspoon of 5-1-1 or similar for harder N hitting,and either a TBspoon of 0-10-10 for harder in Flower,OR soluble kelp powder and a Tbspoon or so of Bigbloom or similar.

OR even kelp meal,azomite,bokashi and even some, Guano/ granules even. all kinds of ways to make or even brew teas. also goes hand in hand with WHAt type or types of soil or top coating you might use.

Well this Teas section could use a little action! :frog:

Hey @Eyes on Fire what do you recommend for a nice brew for starting seeds, something to inoculate the soil and give it a good jump start while being beneficial for a seedling?

Also, I want to get going on brewing asap. My tent is up and I am about ready to go. What is the best cheapish option for brewing small batches? just a 5 gal bucket and airstone? I was looking at buildasoil site and they have 5 gallon compost tea brewer with a pump for 125$. Seems like I could build one much cheaper? But I want something that is gonna be reliable and do the job.

So is a bucket and airstone good enough? and do I just measure out the ingredients and throw em all in? or use some type of tea bag for the stuff?

Also, my better half is worried about funky tea brew smells. I told her it won't be that bad, not to worry LOL I have no idea though really.....prob gonna smell pretty funky I would guess....

Well this Teas section could use a little action! :frog:

Hey @Eyes on Fire what do you recommend for a nice brew for starting seeds, something to inoculate the soil and give it a good jump start while being beneficial for a seedling?

Also, I want to get going on brewing asap. My tent is up and I am about ready to go. What is the best cheapish option for brewing small batches? just a 5 gal bucket and airstone? I was looking at buildasoil site and they have 5 gallon compost tea brewer with a pump for 125$. Seems like I could build one much cheaper? But I want something that is gonna be reliable and do the job.

So is a bucket and airstone good enough? and do I just measure out the ingredients and throw em all in? or use some type of tea bag for the stuff?

Also, my better half is worried about funky tea brew smells. I told her it won't be that bad, not to worry LOL I have no idea though really.....prob gonna smell pretty funky I would guess....

They don't ( or shouldn't) really smell much, not strong or funky in my experience.
I used one of these
Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/182475450826
I got the 20 gallon and I don't think it's enough for a 5gallon tea. I did two gallons, with a copper tube with holes drilled in it
P_20170321_131334_1_p.jpg

That being said, @Eyes on Fire is really happy with his from I believe TeaLab, he gets a lot of action in a 5 gallons batch

Well if you are the kind of guy like me that doesn't want to purchase 28 different kinds of things that will piss my better half off every time she sees a shelf full of "what is that shit". Then go to the TeaLab site or Amazon as I did and purchase some ingredients already packaged and ready for the bubble bucket. And, to be honest I did get a little extra at the garden store to add into that tea.
Here is @Eyes on Fire link: https://www.autoflower.org/threads/a-good-tea-template.39439/

@Jraven @White Punk on Dope thanks much appreciated!

That Tealab setup for 90$ is pretty decent, as well as some of the complete compost brew kits. Not a bad idea to pick up a kit for my intro into teas and organics, and work my way into becoming an eventual brew master haha

So I may just do that. And shop for some extras, some kelp and EWC maybe molasses. and whatever else sounds interesting/beneficial for teas.

Is say a 20 gallon tote big enough to brew up a 5 gallon tea, or what would work size wise for that size batch?
For kelp meal - do you make a concentrate out of it for teas or just use the meal as is?

Sorry about all the questions, just one more lol. Does spirulina have any benefit for feeding in a tea? Random idea, my brain is in organic overdrive :baked:

I am no tea Yoda but they let me carry a light saber. Kelp, EWC are good. Molasses is great soil food. Buy it.

If you want to put blue-green algae in there go for it as I have no idea either way. Either you're a pioneer or it will make you sick.:shrug:

I am no tea Yoda but they let me carry a light saber. Kelp, EWC are good. Molasses is great soil food. Buy it.

If you want to put blue-green algae in there go for it as I have no idea either way. Either you're a pioneer or it will make you sick.:shrug:

Hey if you've got a light saber than that's good enough for me! The more I learn about growing organically the more I wonder why more people don't make the switch. And it is a lot more interesting as far as learning about botany and how to replicate a true living environment for a plant to thrive in indoors.

I promise I am gonna post a recipe here asap, since this is the tea recipe thread.

EWC and molasses is a great tea for a feed. Simple and effective. I believe that you can use some recharge in a tea as well.

Back