Harvest & Curing What hygrometer do you use?

FlyFishBill

Fish or Die
Reaction score
I’m looking at better options for checking humidity as I currently use those basic small cheap rectangular ones.

Any one have any recommendations for better quality ones?

Another question, how often are you checking/calibrating your meters? What’s your method, do you calibrate your probe in your tent as well?

Which meters are you referring to. I use ac infinitys probe that comes with their controller. I calibrate it using a stand alone that was like 6 bucks on amazon.

But hydrometers are really only effective in the range where you need it the most accurate, mine is in a pouch close to my canopy but it reads 5-10 percent lower than my probe which is hanging in the middle of the plant where I want the most accurate readings. When I calibrated they were sitting right next to eachother.

But you should regularly check the accuracy of any measuring device to make sure you aren't getting false readings. With environmental stuff its not too often but like ec amd ph meters need regular calibration

Which meters are you referring to. I use ac infinitys probe that comes with their controller. I calibrate it using a stand alone that was like 6 bucks on amazon.

But hydrometers are really only effective in the range where you need it the most accurate, mine is in a pouch close to my canopy but it reads 5-10 percent lower than my probe which is hanging in the middle of the plant where I want the most accurate readings. When I calibrated they were sitting right next to eachother.

But you should regularly check the accuracy of any measuring device to make sure you aren't getting false readings. With environmental stuff its not too often but like ec amd ph meters need regular calibration

By meters, in this instance I was referring to hygrometers/humidity and temp sensing devices. Looking more for use i. jars and my dry tent. I use the probe with my AC Infinty controller in my tent, but I just wondered how accurate it is, how often it needs to be calibrated and or replaced, and the best method for doing so.

I use the same cheap ones in my jars as you. I do find them to be + or - 5% in accuracy, so thats a 10% range.
I keep two 62% Boost packs in each jar and a meter. I find the meters read generally in the 58-64% range.
I also stopped throwing them away when they go dead, cause amazon sells the batteries for way less then the meters cost.

By meters, in this instance I was referring to hygrometers/humidity and temp sensing devices. Looking more for use i. jars and my dry tent. I use the probe with my AC Infinty controller in my tent, but I just wondered how accurate it is, how often it needs to be calibrated and or replaced, and the best method for doing so.
Oh in jars the little black ones from amazon work, and theres a couple sellers who have some where the rh% accuracy is +/- 2% but you really gotta hunt them down. And my probe was only -2% rh and +1°F off. Not too far.

I’m toying around with trying out this one from AC Infinity, they sell individual 1” probes as well
Oh in jars the little black ones from amazon work, and theres a couple sellers who have some where the rh% accuracy is +/- 2% but you really gotta hunt them down. And my probe was only -2% rh and +1°F off. Not too far.
Didn’t know there was a difference in them, I got mine from a local shop 2 years back. I may try the smart unit from AC Infinity if I remember to add it when I finish getting stuff for my dry tent so I’m not switching stuff back and forth. Just drill a hole in a mason jar lid and seal around the cord.

I’m toying around with trying out this one from AC Infinity, they sell individual 1” probes as well

Didn’t know there was a difference in them, I got mine from a local shop 2 years back. I may try the smart unit from AC Infinity if I remember to add it when I finish getting stuff for my dry tent so I’m not switching stuff back and forth. Just drill a hole in a mason jar lid and seal around the cord.
Not familiar with ac's. But even a single auto will do more than 1 jar unless its like a gallon glass jar.

Not familiar with ac's. But even a single auto will do more than 1 jar unless its like a gallon glass jar.
It’s a little 2x2x0.8” box with the same probe used with their controller 69, connects to the app so it data logs and all that goodness. Spare short probes are about $10 so more than the black rectangle ones.

You’re telling me! I filled all 5 of my big jars last harvest, and some 16 and 32oz’s as well. If I don’t find anything better, I’ll just get enough of the +/- 2 cheap guys to put one in each jar.

It’s a little 2x2x0.8” box with the same probe used with their controller 69, connects to the app so it data logs and all that goodness. Spare short probes are about $10 so more than the black rectangle ones.

You’re telling me! I filled all 5 of my big jars last harvest, and some 16 and 32oz’s as well. If I don’t find anything better, I’ll just get enough of the +/- 2 cheap guys to put one in each jar.
Im buying some 1/4lb grove bags this time. Jars are not my forte. I accidentally jarred a whole plant too early, after 1 night in the jars the hydrometer said 82% amd the buds turned all brown and smelly, but no mold, just stagnation

Back