Who says you can't top an auto ?

Have you never encountered a troll before? Everyone grows their own way, a measuring contest isn't gonna help.

I just topped 12 Quarter Pounders from Canuk about an hour ago. My experience is the same as yours, works for us.
Well said

lol i know just killing time have you grown those 1/4 pounders before are they any good

Funny story, well, not really.

I grew them in the Fall last year. By about day 10 they fell ill with something I couldn't identify and couldn't fix. A week later, my local water company called to schedule my main line replacement. The lead levels in my water were high enough for them to replace it for free, so that's my best guess. They produced strong bud, but airy and only about 10 inches tall. They were untopped.

They are doing wonderful this time. Got em under a light rail my brother gave me, so I can space them as they grow. This is just a fun experimental grow, I don't need any more bud, I'm set lol. Got some dahlias starting too.

Attachments

• 16516176192091059260177044421087.jpg
    16516176192091059260177044421087.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 59
Funny story, well, not really.

I grew them in the Fall last year. By about day 10 they fell ill with something I couldn't identify and couldn't fix. A week later, my local water company called to schedule my main line replacement. The lead levels in my water were high enough for them to replace it for free, so that's my best guess. They produced strong bud, but airy and only about 10 inches tall. They were untopped.

They are doing wonderful this time. Got em under a light rail my brother gave me, so I can space them as they grow. This is just a fun experimental grow, I don't need any more bud, I'm set lol. Got some dahlias starting too.
Fck lead in the water yea i reckon that might of been it those new girls are looking good :smoking:

Fck lead in the water yea i reckon that might of been it those new girls are looking good :smoking:
Lemme introduce you to one. This thing is growing its top growth tip out of the stem of a fan leaf. I just left this one alone. So cool!

Sorry for derailing your thread lol

Attachments

• 16516183139683935063929383912753.jpg
    16516183139683935063929383912753.jpg
    883 KB · Views: 58
  • 16516183949137410051665256272036.jpg
    16516183949137410051665256272036.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 58
Can’t type anything on the internet anymore without being called a troll. It’s a known fact that untopped main colas are the largest of them all not even worth debating.

Can’t type anything on the internet anymore without being called a troll. It’s a known fact that untopped main colas are the largest of them all not even worth debating.

Yea, the main cola is larger. Overall yield can be better with a topped auto. That's my experience at least. Any combination of LST techniques, training, tailing, leaving it au naturale, hasn't out done a properly timed topped auto with good genetics. Maybe I'm not very good at it though. Everyone grows their own way.

Let's see a bud off like the other guy suggested. He showed you his.

Edit: saw your Romulan. Looks nice. Too bad about the toxicity issues. Would be pretty close to the size of the one posted here, but perspective is tough with photos. Good luck man

Last edited by a moderator:
I top to limit growth in the greenhouse. Big, long vegers gonna hit the ceiling otherwise. In my stressful environment , 67N, messing with autos can be problematic. Large girls generally respond favorably to topping. Small, main cola types I usually stunt when I top. If I know a plant will be small I no longer think about it. My largest yields in greenhouse and garden have been from topped plants.

Approach breeds response :bighug: Respectfully you're being a bit aggressive on your stance about this.

And I would actually respectfully disagree with you, there are so many factors that could influence the outcome :shrug:

Some cultivars take to topping very well. Others do NOT. Which means your mileage is going to vary.

Whether you should top or fim comes up quite a bit, and the answer is never a definitive "yes or no," but instead depends on what they are growing, how experienced they are, etc. I'm not sure we would recommend topping or fimming autoflowers to a new grower for example, when a lot of the same results can be achieved with LST and much, much, much less stressful to the plant (versus higher risk of stunting with higher stress training methods.) But we've seen some amazing looking plants from growers that have been topped, fimmed, mainlined, and otherwise had positions applied to it that make you question if growers are reading the Grow Bible or the revised version of the Kama Sutra.

Back