Who says you can't top an auto ?

Topped King Gelato auto...

Front test.jpg

Cheers, eh ?

I have seen some of the longer maturing autos respond fairly decently to being topped/fimed, but I mostly mess around with the quicker maturing autos and I see a rather detrimental affect from topping with those.

I also top pretty much everything. Helps keep total height under 4' without adding nearly as much spread as lst alone. When you're growing XXL autos its pretty much a necessity unless you're not restricted for height (like outdoors or with extra high celings).

@Suki813 I will top for the first time during my next (second) grow.
I'm a little nervous about it lol
I've read some people top their plants rather early, others wait until 3rd or 4th node...
What is your advice ?
Thanks

@Suki813 I will top for the first time during my next (second) grow.
I'm a little nervous about it lol
I've read some people top their plants rather early, others wait until 3rd or 4th node...
What is your advice ?
Thanks
Top above the fourth node but leave ½" // 1 cm above the node. Nothing to it.

My last grow was Gelato autos, like @chuckeye, above, and I got great results.

@Delps8 Thank you.
Just to be clear : how do I count the nodes ? If I recall from my first grow, there are first the cotyledons, then a first set of 2 tiny leaves - is that first node ? Also, do you cut with scissors, or by pinching, or it doesn't matter ?

I go by first branching....and just let the cots and 1st leaves fall whenever they do.

@Delps8 Thank you.
Just to be clear : how do I count the nodes ? If I recall from my first grow, there are first the cotyledons, then a first set of 2 tiny leaves - is that first node ? Also, do you cut with scissors, or by pinching, or it doesn't matter ?
Sorry I don't know how to link to a thread other than…a link. Go to message #18. It's a simple stick diagram but it's very helpful. MOG knows his shit.

Start counting at the first set of branches above the cotyledons. Get to the fourth node and snip with a pair of pruning scissors.

Back