Who says you can't top an auto ?

I like the plants that just flatten out when topped like this Massive Midget.
One day I’ll start training :shrug:
DF3ED84E-117A-4FD9-93CA-509A08266ED4.jpeg

I posted this last night in a hazzzzzze and I dunno what happened to it. Anyway, I top everything that grows. I'll top individual grass blades in my lawn if I have to. Except for tomatoes. Don't top your tomatoes.

I don't find in my case that it keeps them more compact in the usual way, necessarily. I just love the plant structure. I'm a structure snob, some might say. Some plants take it better than others and every plant is different like us humans. I do very little early LST. I just top when it's time and widen the canopy as they stretch and go. Here's my latest Brother Mendel Pina Kaleidoscope at day 54. I might venture to say that some of the early LST is way more high stress on the plants than topping is.

7D4585A9-088E-49AC-9CAE-94D05D48D940.jpg

Ooh nice. Gonna have to give that one a spin.
The Whiskey Zulu has been lovely to grow as well, topped in the same manner. Both of them have been super low maintenance, I've not done much besides top them and water them :rofl: which is saying something cause I'm sure you remember how hard-core I used to train when I was running the 2x2!
20220511_221147.jpg

The Whiskey Zulu has been lovely to grow as well, topped in the same manner. Both of them have been super low maintenance, I've not done much besides top them and water them :rofl: which is saying something cause I'm sure you remember how hard-core I used to train when I was running the 2x2!
View attachment 1457974
You say train, we say multilate and dismember.... :smoking:

I usually top but I threw this Sour Stomper in my tent to try and squeeze one last grow before a trip. Didn't top her, LST, nuthin.' This was supposed to be a hands-off grow to the extent possible. Just let her rip. She did great in terms of filling out the tent, light exposure, etc.

20220507_203855.jpg

Obviously didn't defoliate much either.

I topped one of my autos this run in coco. The one that I topped is huge, but....genetics.

Back