Grow Room AC Infinity Self-Watering Fabric Pot Base: Any Feedback Yet About Their Use?

BII

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with these self-watering pot bases? Can/should I continue to use coco with perlite; at what mixture ratio; or is it best to move to another medium?
:pop:

I'm an Autopot guy but those look great

Pics
16734694817488801061157492254546.jpg

Attachments

• 16734694624017981173833372877122.jpg
    16734694624017981173833372877122.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 24
@BII I use organic living soil and compost teas....and a organic top dress in flower one time and that's it....the roots will wrap into the soaking string...they suck the water right up.....don't put anything that will cause gnats from the water sitting...I only use plain water in them and feed through the top.....

Roots escaping the bag and wrapping around the string does not sound good. I guess I will, as I've seen mentioned/recommended, try sometimes elevating the bags, giving them air space underneath to hopefully air prune; and/or insert root-blocking copper-treated fabric, such as I have from using Auto-Pots, at the bottom of the bag.

@InkAddict$: You are using living soil. With or without perlite or equivalent, and how much? Did you ever encounter knowledgeable recommendations for the media composition to be used with the AC Infinity auto-feeding system?

What's the difference between these and just bottom feeding with a saucer and elevator? Which reminds me that I've been meaning to do a Floraflex butt-chug trial for a long time.

What's the difference between these and just bottom feeding with a saucer and elevator? Which reminds me that I've been meaning to do a Floraflex butt-chug trial for a long time.
Strings conduct water soaked up by the bags. Water-conducting heavy string ends dip into the water reservoir with the cloth bag/pot sitting on top of these strings laid flat on top of the base/reservoir.

Looking at https://acinfinity.com/grow-accessories/containers/fabric-pots/self-watering-fabric-pot-base-4-pack/, the strings go in the grooves and with their ends passed though a hole at the outer edge to contact the water below.

Back