Outdoor Alpine growing

Reaction score
hello i'm new here and i will begin to post my first autogrow session of this year
A few infos about the location... I live in the 46 parallel up in the mountain at 860 meters high with a very good est-south exposion to the sun... At the moment i have direct Sun from 6.30 in the mornig until 19.30. The temperatur during the day is high (20-24 degrees) but in the night often it goes cold something like 4-6 degree.

At the moment i have 2 cream mandarine XL in my little greenhouse... At the moment they have 27 day and they are growing in 20 lt pot with some old and normal transplanting soil of the last year and i use advanced nutrients.

They were growing very well until the last week when the weather went rainy and cold For 8 days so the growth stopped... Know is since 3 day that the sun shine not full but the plants liked a lot this light:)

Tomorrow i will post some pics know here is nighttime.

Se youu have a good smoke

Hi Alpine-farmer, looking forward to seeing some pictures of your plants breathing some fresh alpine air. Good luck with the grow!

Good luck with the weather.
Hopefully the low night temps won't keep the plants small, the best part of the season is still coming.
I suggest you put out another couple of plants in early june.

Few seasons ago I had a guerrilla in the alps(subalpine climate actually, elevation 1000m) with photoperiod plants and the night temperatures were too low for proper finish, so I hope your AFs will finish better. And they should because the summer is still to come.

Looking forward to the updates.

Thx for the good vibes you send to me:bighug:
Today was a sunny day with a little bit of wind and something about 20-22 degrees

And know there are some photos:biggrin:

This is the first one

And this is the second one

There are 2 seed from the same pack of SS CM XL but For me they are two different pheno one with a little bit more sativa looking (the second one) and the other more indica.

Know hoping For the good sunny days

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 122
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 112
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 115
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 122
Good luck with the weather.
Hopefully the low night temps won't keep the plants small, the best part of the season is still coming.
I suggest you put out another couple of plants in early june.

Few seasons ago I had a guerrilla in the alps(subalpine climate actually, elevation 1000m) with photoperiod plants and the night temperatures were too low for proper finish, so I hope your AFs will finish better. And they should because the summer is still to come.

Looking forward to the updates.

For sure that i will plant more i m going to plant 2 every month so i can se the differenze:)

Balarma in my opinion the low temp during the night For photoperiod plants are not a big problem they just turn purple or some time black like tomato and other plant, but there is a good factor they feeling the cold and the end of the season so they will ho very full of resin. One year i harvested the last plant when was snowing in decembre.

The big probleme is to find the right strain to grow you need to forget sativa and grow strong indicas and For me all this new strain coming from holland spain and california are not adapted For this kind of climate.

With the year of growing i slected and breeeded my oown strain from seed that was given to me from an old man living up in the Mountain here, its not very stabil there are 8-10 different phenos but one better of the other one there were big bushy and colas big like my arm with important yelds and impressive smell, unfortunatly i dont have pics of they to show...

Last edited:
Hey alpine farmer, arctic farmer here, thanks for sharing your grow. I too am looking for exceptional Indica hardiness. Your youngsters look good

Hey alpine farmer, arctic farmer here, thanks for sharing your grow. I too am looking for exceptional Indica hardiness. Your youngsters look good

Hey arctic farmer, don't thanks me it s important to share experiences so we can learn everytime something more:) if You live in the states if yes i would purpose you 2 strain from greenhouse seed: A.M.S this is an old swiss strain that s very strong For the mold and cold climate. and the other is white strawberry skunk that is an other old swiss strain that support the cold the last one i have never grow from this SBank i have only grow the old original strain C oming from switzerland every one there knows it For his smell and their tipycal heavy bud's and hard like rock:)

Do you have some AF to recommend For our climate?

Defo in for this alpine.

Some serious altitude, could bring some specials terps.

Best of luck

Henchy

Hey arctic farmer, don't thanks me it s important to share experiences so we can learn everytime something more:) if You live in the states if yes i would purpose you 2 strain from greenhouse seed: A.M.S this is an old swiss strain that s very strong For the mold and cold climate. and the other is white strawberry skunk that is an other old swiss strain that support the cold the last one i have never grow from this SBank i have only grow the old original strain C oming from switzerland every one there knows it For his smell and their tipycal heavy bud's and hard like rock:)

Do you have some AF to recommend For our climate?
For sure that i will plant more i m going to plant 2 every month so i can se the differenze:)

Balarma in my opinion the low temp during the night For photoperiod plants are not a big problem they just turn purple or some time black like tomato and other plant, but there is a good factor they feeling the cold and the end of the season so they will ho very full of resin. One year i harvested the last plant when was snowing in decembre.

The big probleme is to find the right strain to grow you need to forget sativa and grow strong indicas and For me all this new strain coming from holland spain and california are not adapted For this kind of climate.

With the year of growing i slected and breeeded my oown strain from seed that was given to me from an old man living up in the Mountain here, its not very stabil there are 8-10 different phenos but one better of the other one there were big bushy and colas big like my arm with important yelds and impressive smell, unfortunatly i dont have pics of they to show...

Hey my friend. You mention the black buds. Do they still smoke and taste good and normal ? Danke

Back