New Grower An Assortment of Owls(6x Night Owl Seeds(Daz.mephisto))

Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Street shwag
Hello everyone! short intro bout myself can be found here: https://www.autoflower.org/threads/hello-from-europe.73238/

Anyhow, this is my second indoor grow. Hope you will enjoy! @420Forever @beavis @Soulflower @EPDMGUY hope you don't mind me taggin you all :tigerhug:

Details:
Tent Setup:

-1.2m x 1.2m x 2m HomeBox Ambient
-Passive intake and a 380m3/h S&P Silent Exhaust Fan, 2x Tower fans when needed, and 3 clip on fans. Carbon Filter.
Lights:
1x 150W COB. Was rather cheap, I used it to add some extra umph to my first grow during the last few weeks of flowering, would have added it earlier, but delivery took fucking ages...
2x P300. Platinum LED knockoff most likely. When I bought these it was the only thing with decent specs I could get in my country, although it cost me about 350$ each. This was still during my research phase and a few days later I found out about Quantum Boards... BUT they still have an actual draw of about 176W with both switches on according to my Watt Meter. Am most likely going to be getting 2x 240w QBs from Alibaba depending how this grow goes. I mainly want the QBs for less heat generation. These current lights heat up the tent to almost 30*C...
Pots, Medium and Nutes:
10L Airpots with BioBizz LightMix with about 15% added perlite.
Nutes are BioCanna line(organic) with supplemental Aptus Calmag+ and Super PK
Strains:
1x Zamaldelica Express F4(ZE), 1x Super Cyan Haze F1(SCH), 1x Blue Microverse F4(BM), 1x Tropical Wiz F1(Wizard's Apprentice x Zamaldelica Express)(TW), 1x Owl Pellets(Mystery)(OP2) and 1x Sour Hound F2(Mephisto) was planned, but below you will read it failed germination, so a 2nd Owl Pellet(OP1) was germinated in it's place, the Sour Hound was my last Mephisto seed :dang:.
I numbered the pots so I know what is where.

Prep and Germination:
And this is already where it's off to a bad start, but I tried to remain postive!
09/08/19(dd/mm/yy):
Prewet pots with PH'd tap water with BioCanna Rhiz 4ml/l. Prewet each pot with 3l, about 20% runoff. Placed pots into tent. placed the 6 seeds to germinate using the paper towel/dvd case method, as I have been since my first indoor grow. My stats were 17/18 before this grow on germination. Following is my biggest tragedy to date... be warned lol... Might just want to skip to the actual grow section of the journal lol. If you enjoy failure, then feel free!
11/08/19:
4/6 seeds, the BM, SCH, ZE and OP2, seemed to have germinated successfully and are showing nice taproots. I put a fresh layer about half an inch(almost an inch in the center) of fresh soil into 4 of the pots(soil was still soaked), and planted the seeds taproot down, covered very slightly with some soil and covered again with a plastic dome.
upload_2019-8-21_0-39-37.jpeg

12/08/19:
No signs of taproots, or even the seeds cracking on the remaining OP1 and TW. I think the modem I left them on might have had a hotspot where those two seeds were... So put another 2 seeds to germinate but kept those in the paper towel still. Another OP and another ZE were put to germinate, as I only had 1 TW seed left, didn't want to risk it not germing aswell...
13/08/19:
2/4 of the originally planted seeds, the BM and SCH have sprouted!! Yay! However no signs of the other two, the ZE and OP2... I got very impatient because I wanted to start this grow at a certain time, so I decided to slightly lift the soil above where I planted the seeds(I always put a piece of perlite right where the seed is, so I know where to look. I still know it's a bad idea... I'm just too curious and impatient), and noticed they litterally haven't moved at all... so... Decided to put ANOTHER 2 seeds to germ... This time my last Tropical Wiz and another Owl Pellet... We're onto 10 seeds now... for a planned 6 plant grow... not sure what's wrong, not doing anything different from before and I had a 17/18 success rate prior to this...
14/08/19:
All 4 seeds I had germing, 2 for 48 hours and 2 for 24 hours have shown their taproots! So into the soil they go, once again!
16/08/19:
2/4 Sprouted(TW and OP2). No signs of others, so again I check, and the same shit... No change... Quite depressed at this point, and desperate to understand why I'm failing even though I haven't changed a thing... Maybe I'm just impatien? Maybe they would have sprouted eventually if I just left them? In desperation I planted ANOTHER Owl Pellet(OP1 AGAIN), this time directly into the soil, and sprayed it moist with a spray bottle, and put ANOTHER Zamaldelica Express(ZE) to germinate with the paper towel/dvd case method...
18/08/19:
ZE replacement [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] has nice tap root so planted into soil! God I'm so nervous at this point, and the directly planted seed is just itching at me to check it lol...... lol... Ok no, that's not funny, but at this point I had resigned my negativety and was just gona let it ride...
20/08/19:
Yes!! Finally ALL 6 plants are above ground! ZE and OP1 have officially joined the party exactly a week after their oldest sisters(SCH and BM).

FINALLY onto the interesting part of the journal:

The GROW part:

Since I have 6 plants, 3 pairs at different ages, I will do each Pair at a time to make oversight easier. Will be starting off with all 3 lights this time round, only the veg switch turned ON on the P300`s for now. will probably turn on the bloom switch around week 3!

Blue Microverse Days 0-7:
I count the day they pop above ground as Day 0, so that Day 7 is exactly a week later, plus it just makes sense, since a day after sprouting, they would have been above ground for ca. 24 hours, hence 1 day.

Day 01(14/08/19): Keeping humidity domes on until Day 02
BM:
upload_2019-8-21_0-21-59.jpeg

SCH:
upload_2019-8-21_0-14-18.jpeg

Day 03:
BM:
upload_2019-8-21_0-30-52.jpeg

SCH:
upload_2019-8-21_0-15-29.jpeg

Day 04:
BM:
upload_2019-8-21_0-17-1.jpeg

SCH:
upload_2019-8-21_0-17-44.jpeg

Day 05:
BM:
upload_2019-8-21_0-18-17.jpeg

SCH:
upload_2019-8-21_0-18-29.jpeg

Day 06:
BM:
upload_2019-8-21_0-19-48.jpeg

SCH:
upload_2019-8-21_0-20-1.jpeg

Day 07:
BM:
upload_2019-8-21_0-23-0.jpeg

upload_2019-8-21_0-23-24.jpeg

SCH:
upload_2019-8-21_0-23-54.jpeg

upload_2019-8-21_0-32-19.jpeg

So far I gotta say I'm impressed.Growth wise these babies are about 3-4 days ahead of my first indoor grow. Almost the same size those were at Day 11! So yay!! They are still short though! Not sure if it's just the veg switch only that's keeping them short, but I had the same during my first grow! Almost all plants had real tight nodes, even when I tried to raise the lights during the first few weeks to get them to stretch, they just didn't seem to want to. Veg switch only then too, until day 19, is when I flipped it on during my first grow. I thought the additional 2700k cob might do the trick. We'll see how they progress. Might opt to top these ladies, instead of just LST as I did with my first grow, which was insanely hard to start as they had such tight nodes.

Anyway! That's Week 1 for the Blue Microverse and Super Cyan Haze! Any pointers and tips are welcome! Going to post End of week Updates for each Pair! so in 3 days will be the Tropical Wiz and Owl Pellet [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] update! Might do some minor updates between too if I find the time!
And let me know what you think about my grow so far!

EDIT: Forgot some details for week 1: Haven't had to water them yet, pots still got quite some weight to them. Been spraying the soil surface every now and again, but nothing major. Temp has been MAX: 29.3*C MIN: 21.2*C, Relative Humidity has been Max:75% MIN: 50%

EDIT2: Keep remembering details i forgot to list: lights are currently on 18/6, the two P300s are at about 30 inches height and the COB at 24 inches above the plants.

Last edited:
Here's a quick pic of all the babies finally together out of the ground today! lil bonus!
View attachment 1093217

oh boy, me luv bonus picz! :biggrin: and hey kidz, >> insert ur own mystery owl pellet joke here << cuz me ain't gonna touch it :rofl:

anyway, sup there eel & thx for the tag :toke: u got a really killer lookin space there :thumbsup: and me subbed for the journey :pop: :headbang: ppp

nice set up and kit :thumbsup: looking good for the week
hmm i got a lil confuzzled,6 came up but how many got planted ? and is there a chance a few more may pop up yet ?
off the top of me head after about 100 autos id say 87% germ rate.have had 4 fails in a row before,a plant come up root first,a few others popped they head out then fell over.i seem to have a summer/winter germ area.found an old pot in the garage with a tray on top.lifts tray off,theres a 2 foot long whitish curled up stem with a tiny set of leaves....that was afailed germ about 6 weeks before.dont go digging,and give em upto 10 days,some are just slow :oops1:
yay the day they pop up is day 0 not day 1 as they less than 24hr old,born on a mornday chopped on a friday,i like that to :coffee:
good luck n keep er lit
:pighug:

hmm i got a lil confuzzled,6 came up but how many got planted ? and is there a chance a few more may pop up yet ?:pighug::biker:
off the top of me head after about 100 autos id say 87% germ rate.have had 4 fails in a row before,a plant come up root first,a few others popped they head out then fell over.i seem to have a summer/winter germ area.found an old pot in the garage with a tray on top.lifts tray off,theres a 2 foot long whitish curled up stem with a tiny set of leaves....that was afailed germ about 6 weeks before.dont go digging,and give em upto 10 days,some are just slow :oops1:
yay the day they pop up is day 0 not day 1 as they less than 24hr old,born on a mornday chopped on a friday,i like that to :coffee:
good luck n keep er lit
Hey bud how goes it?Whats new in the land of archie? Check out the Mephisto Championship battle several of us are in it lots of good stuff for Mephitsto! Nice to see the new genetics running through here! Hard work n time always pays off! :biker::paleo::pop:stoned !

hmm i got a lil confuzzled,6 came up but how many got planted ? and is there a chance a few more may pop up yet ?
good luck n keep er lit

I know i shouldn't have went digging, if you can even call it that, since i just really removed a tiny bit of soil right above where i planted the seed. I'm just so used to everything happening on a timeline and wanted the plants to be the same age, which ia why i got impatient.

I guess some of them might still sprout as i left them in the pots when planting the replacements... but this time was just terrible luck... 12 seeds were needed for 6 plants, and i blame myself, even though im not sure what i did differently, if anything.

But yeh, proud of my little space , thanks for stopping by

Hello! Nice set up obviously not new to the seen! Rocking some hard genetics their Im along for the ride!

Thanks! Still quite new though started just over a year ago with some autos outdoors, didnt go well due to the weather we get in fall and me planting them late. A few months and LOTS of research later i decided to start my first indoor grow, and ofcourse i wanted the best of the best, and some reliable quick finishing strains since i was on about a 3 month time clock before my 3 week vacation. No regrets! Was instantly sold on Mephisto. Really wanted to pick up their new sativas, but as we know, no luck with that yet. So i got some night owls after following daz on IG for a while.

My outdoor run this summer is also suffering the same fate as last years... botrytis... cold and humid nights reaching 10°C and 90% RH followed by 25°C+ days and no wind... can't set up a fan in my garden sadly

Thanks for stopping by! You guys are killin it here on afn. Wish i would have joined sooner! So much good info, and seems the community is better than reddit! Guess it's just the dedicated auto growers here

oh boy, me luv bonus picz! :biggrin: and hey kidz, >> insert ur own mystery owl pellet joke here << cuz me ain't gonna touch it :rofl:

anyway, sup there eel & thx for the tag :toke: u got a really killer lookin space there :thumbsup: and me subbed for the journey :pop: :headbang: ppp

Thank you my man! And thanks again for the warm welcome and happy to have you along for the ride :d5:

Back