Any advice on water pH?

You still should have at least a cheap ph pen, otherwise you are taking shots in the dark, and could take it too low. PH is a lot more important if your NOT doing a soil grow.

That’s a pretty loose range for pH. Typically, water utilities keep pH in a tight range. So yes, confirm with a pH meter. I use Vitamin C crystals to lower pH and remove chloramines. Once you get your recipe down you shouldn’t have to check pH each time (assuming a stable tap pH).

That’s a pretty loose range for pH. Typically, water utilities keep pH in a tight range. So yes, confirm with a pH meter. I use Vitamin C crystals to lower pH and remove chloramines. Once you get your recipe down you shouldn’t have to check pH each time (assuming a stable tap pH).
So where do you get your vitamin c crystals and how much per gallon? Thanks

I bought this on eBay for about $15 US. I use about a third of a gram per gallon to get the pH in range. It takes a minute amount to de-chloraminate the water. So, this will last quite awhile!

Attachments

• IMG_3674.jpeg
    IMG_3674.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
I bought this on eBay for about $15 US. I use about a third of a gram per gallon to get the pH in range. It takes a minute amount to de-chloraminate the water. So, this will last quite awhile!
Do you consider this an alternative, or an improvement, to letting tap water sit out for ~48 hours and using the orange drops as a PH down?

Do you consider this an alternative, or an improvement, to letting tap water sit out for ~48 hours and using the orange drops as a PH down?

Letting water stand will allow chlorine to dissipate but chloramines are a stronger more persistent chemical. It will not break down on it's own, hence if you have chloramines you need a specific filter or the vit c trick.

Cheap and easy for the win! Plus my tap has chloramines. Orange drop’s probably do the same thing.

Back