Ok stupid question. I looked at a number of buds and all of them are milky to amber, is it possible that this strain just doesn't have pistules that turn brown or should I wait a week to see if more than a few turn colors? Reason I ask is I don't like the cbn couchlock, I want the true thc and cannabinoid.
@pop22 can you tell me what your experience with ducksfoot has been?

I find it super hard to believe there is any amber glands on a plant with 100% white pistils! Weird! Hurting for a toke? Chop a smaller branch off and dry...a lil' something to tide you over.

Sorry to hijack your thread @MissUniverse but I must ask @912GreenSkell about that Frisian duck a little more, what did you think about the quality of the smoke overall, flavours, effects etc? Ive got a three pack of auto duck to try indoors or out.

Frisian duck might be a good one for me outdoor growing in the summer if it keeps low key, until it gets dried and cured :)

Sorry i didnt get back to you...for some reason me getting tags is sporatic...didnt get your :shrug:
Hey check out the reviews in the DP section...i did a very detailed smoke and grow report on the frisian duck.

I find it super hard to believe there is any amber glands on a plant with 100% white pistils! Weird! Hurting for a toke? Chop a smaller branch off and dry...a lil' something to tide you over.

Sorry i didnt get back to you...for some reason me getting tags is sporatic...didnt get your :shrug:
Hey check out the reviews in the DP section...i did a very detailed smoke and grow report on the frisian duck.
Thanks, I appreciate it. I wanna kinda wait till its all done so I can have a good review and total weight for everyone. I am just confused at why this is going longer than the advertised 75 days since its dp I thought that of course it would finish on time.

I go by the trichromes and I haven't seen red/brown pistils on my ducksfoot either. If they are all milky, chop now before they cannabinoids start to degrade

Ok stupid question. I looked at a number of buds and all of them are milky to amber, is it possible that this strain just doesn't have pistules that turn brown or should I wait a week to see if more than a few turn colors? Reason I ask is I don't like the cbn couchlock, I want the true thc and cannabinoid.
@pop22 can you tell me what your experience with ducksfoot has been?

There's very little about ducksfoot that is normal........lol!

And the color of the pistils is not a good way to judge ripeness, as when it happens varies with strain. My Blue Dragon had red pistils a month before she's done. Checking the trichromes is the only sure way to be consistent

I go by the trichromes and I haven't seen red/brown pistils on my ducksfoot either. If they are all milky, chop now before they cannabinoids start to degrade

Weird....the pistils on my photo Frisian Duck coloured just fine, and right on que to trich colour.

They are all milky and I do think it just has pistols that don't change color.
There's very little about ducksfoot that is normal........lol!
Agreed! Now it would fall into the range of the breeder, 75-85 days. I might wait a day and then chop, but I might chop now as I see about three or four pistils in each area I look at. But what a unique strain! It just looks,like the top of the buds could be full because they look really scraggly.
And the color of the pistils is not a good way to judge ripeness, as when it happens varies with strain. My Blue Dragon had red pistils a month before she's done. Checking the trichromes is the only sure way to be consistent
Ill take a check again in a few hours but they were milky with one or two amber that I saw, so I feel it's ready to go down. In glad I tagged you in the post. I'm going,to have a lot of trimming on this plant!
Weird....the pistils on my photo Frisian Duck coloured just fine, and right on que to trich colour.
Odd indeed, but,it definitely got milky trichs. It could be partially my growing method and partially maybe it's some unique phenotype I've got here. There's always the chance for unique phenos.

Can anyone give me advice on how to take some good,shots of the plant whole like I've seen others do? (Ie trimmed but still on the plant).

Here's a few photos of tosay, its day i1 but I accidentally said it was day 86 on the gallery.
I'm going to chop today because all the trichs are milky with some amber and with @pop22 saying his ducksfoot didn't turn, I'm assuming mine isn't going to either. This would put it right in line with the breeders chop date.

Looks very nice,bet it will be a nice smoke rep coming your way,great job.

Here's a few photos of tosay, its day i1 but I accidentally said it was day 86 on the gallery.
I'm going to chop today because all the trichs are milky with some amber and with @pop22 saying his ducksfoot didn't turn, I'm assuming mine isn't going to either. This would put it right in line with the breeders chop date.

Go for it!! Looks awesome! Head to toe bud....nice!! So trim all of the leaf off and get some pics in natural light. Try to get nice lighting and get some closeups!!

Back