Auto topping thread,pushing the auto limits;)

Good day growers im a master photo and auto grower.but my passion is with autoflower seeds.i been on a mission for 5 years growing now trying diffrent methods of training on autos to see what they truly behold.truth is autos aint no diffrent to a normal plant other than they flower on there own.u can top lst supercrop and defol autos with monster results if done at the correct time.oviously every plant is diffrent so always use the seed info as a rough guide;) and a short plant can yield just as much as a tall plant;) in this thread i will show u all along the way of the true limits of autos and there true potential as i grow them for u all to see;).also if ur an auto grower who likes to push the limits,do speak up and all pics of ur autos and talk and all questions welcome on pushing the auto limits.here a few examples of the results achived topping an auto young followed by later lst.few heavy defols along the way ,gives u an army of dominant colas and a big heavy yield.and a beautiful plant.here is automazar topped and lstd;)
_20160929_163743.JPG
_20160929_163801.JPG
_20160929_163846.JPG
_20160929_163908.JPG
_20160929_163945.JPG
_20160929_164001.JPG

What size pots are those ? They look pretty hefty. The reason i ask is because i generally pull those yields and sometimes more without any training. I am am sceptical to alot of training methods to increase yields but certainly not dismissing them sometimes it looks to me as though through training the bud production has been distributed in a different way but not necassarily increased. For example a plant with multiple tops never seem to have as big/thick a cola as a plant with 1 main cola. As i say i am not dismissing the possibilities through training but just questioning certain things. Also i have tried various training methods myself from lst to defol and wasnt convinced it made a huge difference overall.

Also i am not claiming to be a master grower, far from it and am always striving to learn and be convinced.

Last edited:
Nabz those pots were 35 litre just a test.and i yeilded the same in them pots as what i do in a 15 litre bucket.so i learned autos will not fill a huge pot with roots.not a 35 litre pot anyway lol;) and iv lost all my previous pics of my work.but with multiple tops is strain dependant how big the colas get.but iv had topped autos very short with multiple fat buds wider than a litre bottle. The aim for me is many dominant colas of the same size;)

Here is a short auto.topped and slightly lstd.stayed short but huge fat buds;) this plant is called smokin gun auto and is an amazing smoke;) and a very fast plant seed to harvest 10 weeks
_20160302_131151.JPG
and here is delicious seeds northern light blue auto.only delicious seed auto i have tried.a monster plant.like to veg longer than ur average auto.but worth the wait.was topped young and lstd for her army of colas;) a real joy to grow, pulled 6.5 oz of this plant;)
_20160910_103439.JPG
_20160910_103513.JPG
_20160910_103532.JPG
_20160910_103620.JPG
_20160910_103701.JPG
_20160910_103720.JPG
happy growing every1;)

Very nice i will hitch along for the ride. I actually find that the autos i have been running have filled 30l pots, heres one i chopped recently and documented here that yielded over 8oz bone dry without any training as opposed to the 3 oz average i get when using 15l pots

image.jpeg

Nabz thanks and very nice plant well done,what a beauty.thanks for sharing;) in 11 litre pots i can pull 4 oz a plant and thats 60 day strain autos start to finish.i find 15 litre pots do great and 5 gal pots ur also great for autos.if ur pulling 8 oz in 30l mate stick at it.thats some good numbers.and my northern light blue auto i grew was in standard cheap compost with no perlite.just soil.self set challenge.maybe if she was sat in biobizz lightmix her roots would of filled the pot for sure.but when i seen similar yield to what i get in smaller pots.i decided il.stick with 3 and 5 gal.pots for autos.although my 3 whitewidow autos sit in 11 litre pots .been a while,to see if i can match my previous 11 litre girls.all fun and games and make me a better grower along the way;) happy growing;)

whats happening guys?!?!? Looks like you are spreading the training gospel,i got yer back and will add info if/when i can..on the Fimming,i ran a side by side with Paradise seeds Wappa,one plant had one fim and a supercrop,this plant produces 12 more grams that the second plant which had multiple fims and a supercrop..DP strains are usually high producers ime but they will kill timelines for a perpetual harvest,i have had large yield wheather they were trained or not,i use the training for canopy management..but having DP strains go 120 plus days is not my cuppa tea....

Back