Indoor Autos in 50% living soil/50% Miracle-gro SIP~~>1 Sweet seed's Red poison & 1 Twenty20 Trizkits

Are your covers water tight?
They are the same material as garden fabric, so they are not but i do have a bunch of straw under the covers

They are the same material as garden fabric, so they are not but i do have a bunch of straw under the covers

I'm not trying to tell you what to do or anything but I think that a waterproof cover is an integral part of the SIP container method. I think your way will still probably work, but not be quite as effective. The idea is to be able to mound additional top dress under the cover and allow the feeder roots to work their way into it and not get airpruned since you wont be top watering and washing the top dress down into the root zone
Either way, GL!

I'm not trying to tell you what to do or anything but I think that a waterproof cover is an integral part of the SIP container method. I think your way will still probably work, but not be quite as effective. The idea is to be able to mound additional top dress under the cover and allow the feeder roots to work their way into it and not get airpruned since you wont be top watering and washing the top dress down into the root zone
Either way, GL!
This was store bought so i don't see why it would fail but what would you suggest? use a trashbag or a plastic cover? i see some people only use straw so i don't know what is right I'm just testing and trying things.
They are getting bigger so i need to figure out what the plan is before it is a pain to remove and replace a new cover :smoking:

I like advice and anything that improves what i got going on, i don't see it as telling me what to do, just good advice/tips

Desktop Screenshot 2021.09.01 - 23.43.03.83.png

Found this on the reviews for the covers just to see what others thought and i guess they like it so i will chance using them as changing to trashbags now would be a pain, next grow i will buy thick black plastic liners to use as covers. i like the plastic vs fabric covers, easier to move around and such.
:)

Last edited:
This was store bought so i don't see why it would fail but what would you suggest? use a trashbag or a plastic cover? i see some people only use straw so i don't know what is right I'm just testing and trying things.
They are getting bigger so i need to figure out what the plan is before it is a pain to remove and replace a new cover :smoking:

I like advice and anything that improves what i got going on, i don't see it as telling me what to do, just good advice/tips

View attachment 1361846
Found this on the reviews for the covers just to see what others thought and i guess they like it so i will chance using them as changing to trashbags now would be a pain, next grow i will buy thick black plastic liners to use as covers. i like the plastic vs fabric covers, easier to move around and such.
:)

Those covers will work just fine, its not gonna kill your plants :smoking: and I bet they will get pretty big no matter what covers you use.. but I think if you wanna grow giants, aggressive top dressing and water tight mulch covers are probably a little superior. But that may only be necessary with plants that have that potential... although MrOldBoy pulled I think 11 oz from 1 sour crack which is supposed to be a smaller strain (according to the breeder), in a large earthbox... so who knows!
I think this is the thread

Day 14 week 2
Day 14 week 2

I added 1 gallon of rain water to the res yesterday other than that i have no touched these girls in a week except adding a little megacrop to the hydro jar as she got thirsty

20210906_215456.jpg
20210906_220619.jpg

This was a picture from yesterday of the jar grow, i did not feel like pulling her skirt down to see her roots today lol
20210906_063545.jpg

Are your covers water tight?
I can say 100% yes to that now LOL i poured 1 gallon in the res and missed a little, water just pools up on the cover and does not absorb in.

lol!! if its the garden weed blocker stuff its highly hydrophobic but still lets moisture out through the cloth.. When I refer to it being water proof, I mean will it hold all moisture in from the condensation of the soil and allow roots to grow up into the topdressing which is kept totally hydrated and never gets dried out whatsoever. Its not a huge deal, and I think at this point it would make those triple sippers to damn big anyhow :rofl: :rofl:

Back