pop22

Frankensteins Lab Leader
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
I have a Critical Auto in my clone cab. I'm going to grow her to completion in there under 67watts of DIY LED lighting. I decided she was so tall I needed to bend her over ( Muuuuaaaaah hahaha..... ) so she could stay oin the cab. I then decided, its time for an experiment!

I wanted to see what would happen if I bent it to a 90 degree angle. I knew the stem would break, I wanted to see if it could survive a serious break low on the stem! I just pinched the stem a bit above the second node, then bent her till she snapped! I then propped her up with a container so that the stem would remain at a 90 degree angle. I did nothing to seal the cracks in the stem.

Well her she is 2 days later. Proof of the amount of damage and abuse that these plants can take.

But does this slow an auto down? I say NO! Here's why. My first grow was Spliff Seeds White Widow. I grew 2 plants in one, 10" netpot in a DWC setp. At about day 25, I broke one plant's stem very low, by accident. In fact, it was 90% sheared off! I propped her up, taped the break and hoped for the best.
Well at the end, one plant was 27" tall and gave me 30 grams. One was 43" tall and gave me 168 grams ( 6 ounces! ). Guess whuch one was which? That's right, the broken plant went berserk and grew like crazy! After the break, she stopped growing for more than a week, but then.......... ZOOOM!

Did the fact that she was injured stimulate this growth in a response to a life or death situation? I don't know, but I'm suspecting that may be the case. Will this plant do that? We'll see! In such a confined environment it may or may not be obvious if it does react as I theorize.

bent-3.jpg
bent-2.jpg
bent-1.jpg

I did that just not so low on one of my Ak48's. It hasn't seemed to slow it down at all. Keep on experimenting I'm learning alot following you around

I'm in for some plant mis-treatment! :)

Nice snappage! Is that dirty CFL there as a warning to the plants?? lol - "if you don't grow... you're getting the dirty CFL!"

:crying:

Salutations Pop22,

But does this slow an auto down? I say NO! ... Did the fact that she was injured stimulate this growth in a response to a life or death situation?

I like to consider multiple potential prospects, for example would this qualify for an SAR application?

In any case i had a bending incident once, it went like this exactly:

index.php

index.php

Lets mention it was during a window-sill experiment, the roots system and stem circumference were clear indications of severe deficiency and yet it was able to recover, though visibly affected and this was to be expected at the time. Still, it managed in terms of survival indeed!

:greencheck:

The fact is, in retrospective i should never have even considered starting a seed anywhere else than under a generous amount of CFLs... Then i can relocate the plant and observe its large gorgeous-green leaves eventually fall in favour of a better suited configuration, e.g. with smaller leaves, etc. That hardly seems like an option to me anymore, as many factors are involved, which is why i think it's going to be twice the entertainment following this specific thread, as we'll find everything it takes to make a good read IMO!

Good day, have fun!! :peace:

Did this to a northern hog auto no slowing down an the super cropping didn't affect potential or potency

I did also snap one of my main branches of DP's Compassion in her first week of the flowering as I started to bend her to the net. The branch broke pretty hardcore, about halfway so that i could actually take a look at the hollow inside of the branch.. I just took some skintape from the medicine cabinet, taped it up and a week later she acts like she just loved that. Lot of action going on and the "injured" branch just keep going.

It appears to me that the plants response to fimming/topping/supercropping varies considerably dependent upon strain, timing, environment etc. For me there's no doubt autos can take it with positive results, but I think you are always 'slowing' growth in some way as all training is essentially restrictive and changes the course of a plants growth whether gently or completely. It's just about finding the truest line for your girls from seed to weed.

I'll definitely continue trying to 'fim and go' with some girls but tbh I do miss out on tying them down so bondage still on.

Back