Fast Buds Best insomnia strain

Mephisto only, or seed banks that stock their stuff. Currently out of stock at TNSB and Seedsman, and Mephisto is closed. Not sure who else might handle them.
This is why I breed my own seeds when I get a good strain.
I wonder if Mephisto would be pissed if I started breeding and selling seeds know as " the artist formerly known as"
Some of you get my point.
And btw, its called chrome now, not salt and pepper:finger:

I've grown the AutoSeeds version of Northern Lights, Polar Express, and it was excellent.
The sensi brand was almost as good.
I'm growing the GrowersChoice version right now.
NL from any reputable breeder should be excellent, so I'd choose the easiest to get.
I haven't tried the FastBuds version, but I suspect (without proof) that their strains have a bit more CBD than I like.
A recent fastbuds Blackberry harvested for sleep worked poorly for me, likely due to too much cbd. More than about 0.5% ruins a strain for me.
My first try of this strain also fizzled a couple years ago.

My experience is that Mephisto, NightOwl, and RocBud are a little better than most breeders, but not enough to justify the hassle of getting their seeds.
Eventually the fads will die down, and those seeds will be easier to get.

CBD is a mild stimulant.
It can also relieve stress, and if stress is harming sleep, it can help.
For me 1 mg cbd is like a big cup of coffee, and I get energized and jittery.

Interesting. It is the first time I am hear cbd is a mild stimulant. Had always thought of it as being sedating.

I definitely would not call FB a fad, every single strain I have grown from them has been outstanding, but then again I only grow sativa dominant strains.

What I get with some strains is that I can fall asleep easily but when I wake up I feel like my sleep quality was poor. Is this the norm for all strains or are there some strains that make you feel fully rested after sleep?

Interesting. It is the first time I am hear cbd is a mild stimulant. Had always thought of it as being sedating.

I definitely would not call FB a fad, every single strain I have grown from them has been outstanding, but then again I only grow sativa dominant strains.

What I get with some strains is that I can fall asleep easily but when I wake up I feel like my sleep quality was poor. Is this the norm for all strains or are there some strains that make you feel fully rested after sleep?
My wife complains of symptoms similar to a hang over when she takes beyond 30mg of cbd.
(Some folks) @Olderfart
Are more knowledgeable than myself in this department.
I like CBD edibles because I get numb with tendonitis without getting stoned.
( to each his own).

It was mentioned earlier but any Indica dominant plant ripened to 50% amber trichomes will make potent sleepy-time weed.

It was mentioned earlier but any Indica dominant plant ripened to 50% amber trichomes will make potent sleepy-time weed.
Yes forgot to reply to that message. My issue with growing plants way past their time is that I have very limited timelines because I live in a foreign country and I visit my family roughly 3 times a year (yes I know I have many constraints, but I still very much prefer to grow within my limits)

Have you tried letting the tricombs go a little more amber than usual at harvest?
Actually I haven't. The reason is I almost never have more than 3.5 months per grow which must include drying and initial week of burping jars. Also the reason why I do not grow photos anymore. Maybe I could do it if I grew a super fast strain

Re. the sleep thing, I have not experienced consistent results. If I get the dose right, I sleep through the night, which is otherwise rare for me, and I wake up rested and with a touch of stone still lingering. A cup of coffee or so later, and I am good, and have lots of energy for the day.

OTOH, sometimes the weed, even the 24C, is not up to the job. Especially if I drink more than a single glass of wine with dinner, I will often wake up and stay awake for a long time. The effectiveness of the weed seems subject to other influences, alcohol being one, but presumably not the only one.

Anyway, it does not work for everyone. My wife hates it, mostly I think because being stoned bothers her, as does waking up with a lingering bit of stone. For me, when it works, which it usually does, it is a big improvement over my "normal" sleep pattern which too often includes hours of lying awake, and feeling tired the following day. I'll put up with a bit of weed "hangover" to avoid the alternative.

Good luck with it. :pighug:

Re. the sleep thing, I have not experienced consistent results. If I get the dose right, I sleep through the night, which is otherwise rare for me, and I wake up rested and with a touch of stone still lingering. A cup of coffee or so later, and I am good, and have lots of energy for the day.

OTOH, sometimes the weed, even the 24C, is not up to the job. Especially if I drink more than a single glass of wine with dinner, I will often wake up and stay awake for a long time. The effectiveness of the weed seems subject to other influences, alcohol being one, but presumably not the only one.

Anyway, it does not work for everyone. My wife hates it, mostly I think because being stoned bothers her, as does waking up with a lingering bit of stone. For me, when it works, which it usually does, it is a big improvement over my "normal" sleep pattern which too often includes hours of lying awake, and feeling tired the following day. I'll put up with a bit of weed "hangover" to avoid the alternative.

Good luck with it. :pighug:
Thanks! Looks like I have some experiments to do!

Thanks! Looks like I have some experiments to do!
Exactly - everyone reacts differently to this stuff, sometimes really differently. Whatever you do, be sure to try edibles if sleep is your objective. The effects last longer, are stronger, and are consequently a more efficient use of your supply. If you try capsules, I recommend one of the capsule filling "machines". They make producing ~100 pills very quick and easy. Doing the deed one pill at a time would be a serious PIA. This is the one I ordered from Amazon.ca:

Amazon product

Good luck with it, and feel free to shoot me questions if I can help. :pighug:

This is the accepted wisdom, but I'm not sure it's universally true.

I've been experimenting with this, and have gotten mixed results.
A Rocbud Passion Punch had 2 partial harvests separated by 1 week.
The earlier harvest, with just a few orange trichomes, is sleepier for me than the later harvested version.
A PacificSeeds Yumboldt plant showed no noticeable difference in batches harvested a week apart.

I would amend the "more amber is sleepier" dictum into "harvesting with little or no amber will yield speedier herb."
For many of us, THC is the sleepy stuff, not the CBN that it is claimed to degrade into.

I've also tried a double decarb to increase cbn, and the result was jittery, sleepless herb.
The second decarb apparently changed sleepy thc into un-sleepy cbn for me.

Back