Fast Buds Best insomnia strain

Best for me was 24 Carat by Mephisto, second best Bubba Kush from the store. I've tried most of the main contenders, but these were the best. 24C is in a class of its own in my opinion.

I found that for sleep, edibles are the best - more efficient use of weed, and the effects last through the night. I make canna oil with coconut oil, and put it in gelatin capsules. I take them an hour or so before bed. I don't usually have difficulty falling asleep, just staying there, so the effects actually come on after I am asleep, not much noticeable before.

Good luck with it.:pighug:
Do you make your canna oil with the 24c?

Sleep use is the main reason I grow.
My first grow of 24Carat produced some very sleepy medicine, my best ever.
So I grew it again with seeds from a non-mephisto source.
The plants got too tall, and I suspected they weren't really 24Carat, but I don't really know.
Sadly, those 2 plants produced some herb that wasn't very good for sleep.

I had a similar thing happen with mephisto StrawberryNuggets and Skywalker.
First grow was some of my best stuff ever, but the second grow was below average.

Ripley'sOG has been mephisto's sleepiest strain for me right now.
Northern lights works well for me.
I'm growing some BlackDomina and SugarBlackRose for sleep now.
FastBuds Blackberry was far below average in spite of its excellent sleep reputation.

But more than about 0.5% CBD ruins a strain for me for sleep.
Interesting about the 24c not from Mephisto. These seed suppliers sometimes play silly bugger with strain names. Given the description of the 24c project by Mephisto, it is hard to figure how another breeder would have the same genetics.

Do you make your canna oil with the 24c?
You bet. So far with just the trim. I have lots of 24C bud left - won't be running out any time soon. :biggrin:

You bet. So far with just the trim. I have lots of 24C bud left - won't be running out any time soon. :biggrin:
Ok make me jelous already.
Where can we get the beans here in Canada?

Sleep use is the main reason I grow.
My first grow of 24Carat produced some very sleepy medicine, my best ever.
So I grew it again with seeds from a non-mephisto source.
The plants got too tall, and I suspected they weren't really 24Carat, but I don't really know.
Sadly, those 2 plants produced some herb that wasn't very good for sleep.

I had a similar thing happen with mephisto StrawberryNuggets and Skywalker.
First grow was some of my best stuff ever, but the second grow was below average.

Ripley'sOG has been mephisto's sleepiest strain for me right now.
Northern lights works well for me.
I'm growing some BlackDomina and SugarBlackRose for sleep now.
FastBuds Blackberry was far below average in spite of its excellent sleep reputation.

But more than about 0.5% CBD ruins a strain for me for sleep.
The problem with Mephisto is that they are always sold out, like right now... Vendors selling seeds with the same name as Mephisto e beyond messed up :0
Nothern lights from which vendor? Have you tried the FastBuds version?
Have you ever tried the White Rhyno?
I thought the more cbd the better for sleep? Interesting...

CBD gummies work well for my wife.
10 to 20mg and she weighs 135 lbs.
Taken 30 minutes before bed.
(135 lbs..am I in shit for sharing this :doh:
Thanks for sharing! Not so easy to find in Europe I am afraid... Here, things related to cannabis move a bit.... slow. Haha do not worry about sharing the weight of your wife, if she ever sees this rest assured that I am european so I use the metric system and won't bother converting

King Henry Died Drinking Chocolate Milk so you could never be placed in the doghouse

CBD gummies work well for my wife.
10 to 20mg and she weighs 135 lbs.
Taken 30 minutes before bed.
(135 lbs..am I in shit for sharing this :doh:

The problem with Mephisto is that they are always sold out, like right now... Vendors selling seeds with the same name as Mephisto e beyond messed up :0
Nothern lights from which vendor? Have you tried the FastBuds version?
Have you ever tried the White Rhyno?
I thought the more cbd the better for sleep? Interesting...

I've grown the AutoSeeds version of Northern Lights, Polar Express, and it was excellent.
The sensi brand was almost as good.
I'm growing the GrowersChoice version right now.
NL from any reputable breeder should be excellent, so I'd choose the easiest to get.
I haven't tried the FastBuds version, but I suspect (without proof) that their strains have a bit more CBD than I like.
A recent fastbuds Blackberry harvested for sleep worked poorly for me, likely due to too much cbd. More than about 0.5% ruins a strain for me.
My first try of this strain also fizzled a couple years ago.

My experience is that Mephisto, NightOwl, and RocBud are a little better than most breeders, but not enough to justify the hassle of getting their seeds.
Eventually the fads will die down, and those seeds will be easier to get.

CBD is a mild stimulant.
It can also relieve stress, and if stress is harming sleep, it can help.
For me 1 mg cbd is like a big cup of coffee, and I get energized and jittery.

Ok make me jelous already.
Where can we get the beans here in Canada?
Mephisto only, or seed banks that stock their stuff. Currently out of stock at TNSB and Seedsman, and Mephisto is closed. Not sure who else might handle them.

Last edited:
Back