Indoor Blackstrap and LSD-25

The Blackstrap has broken out of puffball stage and is starting to define it's calyxes.

IMG_20230603_134929.jpg
IMG_20230603_134856.jpg

God I love blackstrap. Smells on the lass? The LSD looks amazing as well. Cool budget breakdown as well.
Happy growing m8.
There is almost no smell in the grow area.

If I rub some leaves my fingers smell initially of fuel, then a citrusy zest that gives way to a floral sweetness.

Wow! my first day as a member and I've read so much great information. I'm glad I was directed to this forum. User Friendly. Now I see how Autos look when grown right. I screwed up my first try with XL Auto Pots by making the soil way too dense. Aside from some yellow leaves the Blackstrap stood up to my newbie abuse. The entire plant was burgundy colored stems branches and most of the fan leaves. I love the smell and taste. It paired nicely with a local blueberry wine I was drinking just by chance. Here's a picture of an overwatered nutrient burnt Blackstrap. I feel like I let down the breeder when I screw up the genetics that they worked so hard on. It's just so wierd looking I figured I'd share. What's weird is how I thought the plant was dead and white pistles (spelling) appeared the day before I planned to chop. ????
20230515_174905.jpg

I wouldn't have cut yours at that stage, mine is at the same place right now

Wait and see how much bigger this one gets.
That pic was taken about 10 days before I chopped it. I pretty much killed it with love. It just stopped growing. It was 89 days old when I called it. I got two jars of grape sized buds and I learned some lessons so I'll call it a success. Beside overwatering my biggest problem is my soil. I bought MG perlite because the store was out of most everything. One bag felt like it got wet. I wasn't crazy about the fertilizer they add anyway so I decided to rinse the perlite in a tub like you would rice. I dried it out on an old window screen over my regular screen. No problem. It looks and smells fine. Here is what I was not expecting. This morning I dumped the water from the tub and found a quarter inch of slime from three 8 quart bags of perlite. This certainly could screw things up. Do you agree? I tested the ph. of the rinse water just out of curiosity. 7.9 ph. I heard ph. of water is not so important when growing in soil. Do you think the high ph. rinsing out of the perlite every time I water would be harmful. My well water usually has a ph. around 6.5. I hope the other brands I used don't have that much slime in them. Now I'm second guessing using perlite at all. A picture says it all.
20230608_093504.jpg

Your plant doesn't have the twisted deformed leaves that I'd expect with PH issues, probably not an issue.

My eye scale says I've got about 2oz on mine, a little disappointing, but I may have shrimped it somehow, because I see others have grown it quite big.

We'll see how this smokes. I have 2 more seeds that I'll definitely grow for the visual appeal, but if yield doesn't improve I won't be getting more.

I'm just waiting a bit to start more seeds because I don't want them finishing during August heat. I feel that cold nights improves quality.

Some strains never stop throwing new pistils, and if you wait too long will hermie.

I'm in the early stages of figuring out what works for me and my plants and what does not. Bigger yields and better formed flowers will come with healthier plants. I've kept a few seeds from everything I've grown so far. I've only took up this hobby about 18 months ago. I have a lot to learn even though my vegetable/ herb gardens always do well for the most part. I even saved the replacement seeds from you know who. I've stopped blaming shit on bad genetics until I am sure I'm doing everything right. I just realized I started every sentence with "I". Not a great way to learn. Reading and listening to good advice found on this forum already answered questions I didn't know I had. Great info about breeding and plant genetics.
I'm still wondering about all the crap that was in the perlite. The sediment hardened like a rock when it dried. By combining that paste with rice hulls I could make bricks. The screen that I dried it on is fully clogged and crusty. These conditions would certainly screw up an Auto Pot grow. Here is my yield (Beginner quality) minus a handful. Pairs well with blueberry wine.
20230607_210219.jpg

90 days, and I've decided to cut the blackstrap.

Most of the pistils are orange, and its stopped throwing out new ones.

Trichromes are all cloudy, zero amber.

Its stopped swelling, and almost stopped drinking.

I'll post weights, dry shots, and smoke reports when available.

JCC06868.jpg
JCC06875.jpg
JCC06877.jpg
JCC06882.jpg

I'm in the early stages of figuring out what works for me and my plants and what does not. Bigger yields and better formed flowers will come with healthier plants. I've kept a few seeds from everything I've grown so far. I've only took up this hobby about 18 months ago. I have a lot to learn even though my vegetable/ herb gardens always do well for the most part. I even saved the replacement seeds from you know who. I've stopped blaming shit on bad genetics until I am sure I'm doing everything right. I just realized I started every sentence with "I". Not a great way to learn. Reading and listening to good advice found on this forum already answered questions I didn't know I had. Great info about breeding and plant genetics.
I'm still wondering about all the crap that was in the perlite. The sediment hardened like a rock when it dried. By combining that paste with rice hulls I could make bricks. The screen that I dried it on is fully clogged and crusty. These conditions would certainly screw up an Auto Pot grow. Here is my yield (Beginner quality) minus a handful. Pairs well with blueberry wine.View attachment 1601791
Best option for perlite is #4 horticultural grade perlite. There is still a little dust but not as much as you got… rinse is a must on most perlite. I just take a colander for spaghetti and rinse til water coming out is mostly clear.

Back