SSSC Bob does SSSCSAA 2022!!! - Sweet Bourbon Kush Auto & Fat Pete's Cookies Auto

That turned out lovely! There were a couple rough days early on but looks like you sorted it out just fine. Strong work by a strong grower as usual. Can't wait to see what you crank out this summer. Last year was amazing to watch in your outdoor space.

So, this is where I've been getting confused on hash making. You do a wet trim, remove the buds from the main stem, and put them right into the freezer? You don't hang/dry/cure at all correct?
Wet trim, leave sugar leaves, pop the buds and bag 'em up and throw em in the freezer. Don't pack em too tight. It can be hard to break it up when ya wanna run it.
It's the same for ice water or dry ice hash. I'm gonna do an ice water hash run one of these days, but dry ice is so damn easy. Ice water seems messy to me.

So, this is where I've been getting confused on hash making. You do a wet trim, remove the buds from the main stem, and put them right into the freezer? You don't hang/dry/cure at all correct?
Yup, once it's frozen it stays fresh in the freezer. Just take it out and put it in the bucket with ice and water. Let it rest for at least 20min. and then start to turn the mixture in the bucket. The cleanest hash I've ever made was with bubble bags

Thanks guys, been picking a few people's brain about it. I know I shot wildbill a message a little ways back. Just like to confirm that I understood. Hahaha
Sorry about cluttering up your thread Bob.

Thanks guys, been picking a few people's brain about it. I know I shot wildbill a message a little ways back. Just like to confirm that I understood. Hahaha
Sorry about cluttering up your thread Bob.
Hey this is a weed forum right? We're allowed to do some cluttering ;)
giphy.gif

Here's some clutter free information for ya guys :haha:

We've got some Fat Pete's Cookies at day 67 for ya...
20220218_114411_small.jpg

Riddled with trichomes all over!!
20220218_114418_small.jpg

20220218_114423_small.jpg

Another week or so to go. What do you guys think?
20220218_114432_small.jpg

The trichomes tell a different story... But as advised by some older gent here on the forum, this can be deceiving... :cheers:
Image_2022-02-18 11_48_09_375_small.jpg

Image_2022-02-18 11_48_13_767_small.jpg

Image_2022-02-18 11_48_24_415_small.jpg

Image_2022-02-18 11_48_32_169_small.jpg

Image_2022-02-18 11_48_37_892_small.jpg

Image_2022-02-18 11_48_48_358_small.jpg

Image_2022-02-18 11_49_02_201_small.jpg

Image_2022-02-18 11_49_04_030_small.jpg

Regards,

Bob :toke:

Harvest - Fat Pete's Cookies
Hey growers,

Fat Pete's finally got the chop. I couldn't resist her any more...
20220221_092545_small.jpg

20220221_093015_small.jpg

Also jarred up the Sweet Bourbon branch I hung to dry. She'll be tested the coming days...
20220221_092319_small.jpg

Regards,

Bob:toke:

That turned out lovely! There were a couple rough days early on but looks like you sorted it out just fine. Strong work by a strong grower as usual. Can't wait to see what you crank out this summer. Last year was amazing to watch in your outdoor space.

if you make hash from "fresh frozen" material it will have a much higher terpene content you can still make bubble hash from dry material it will still be a top shelf product but i think dry sifting would be a better way to go if your starting material is already dried

Buds - Fat Pete's Cookies
I jarred my Fat Pete's Cookies today. Boy-o-boy does that smell like cookies, damn!!! :chef:
But before I did that I weighed it for ya guys :toke:
20220224_174834_small.jpg

Smoke report - Fat Pete's Cookies
Oh yeah, it does really Cookie! Atm i having Strawberry Cookies first time and 'm very curious of her, have smoked already the Fat Pete?
Yeah brother!! Fat Pete's is a sweet cookie strain. It did take some curing before the smell and taste where at point, but currently I'm only smoking Fat Pete's as it isn't that a heavy hitter then the other strains I had grown. What I mean is, I can still do stuff on the cookies as opposed to more sedative strains. Before sleep I smoke something harder...
Btw, I still have the Sweet Bourbon Auto Kush fresh in the freezer to make bubble hash from it. Don't know when I'll do that as I'm currently having backpain issue again... :shrug:
Btw2, That Strawberry Cookies sounds yum...Is it a new strain you're testing for SSSC?

Back