Sawney Bean Grow Shows 2023 Bob's first go at a SOG - Sawney's SOS grown in BioTabs

Sawney Bean Grow Shows 2023
S.o.S. - Day 7
Wicked stuff! High tech and low tech at the same time.
Thanks buddy! Always nice to have you around :bighug:
Were finally off to a good start :woohoo1:

And @Rick Dirte' & @Zaaboot, thanks for the rep guys!! :cheers:

The seedlings are turning into real ladies you guys...Look at them spreading their leaves...♥
1676479072026 _small.jpg

S.o.S. - Day 9
Hey Friends :toke:

Day 9 inside the tent and all these younglings are looking really nice and on schedule :coffee:
1676647666311 _small.jpg

Nice green color, which indicates they are happy little campers.
1676647666308 _small.jpg

I did have a feel at some leaves and some do feel leathery, so it's water only for the time being. I'm cutting back on the Bactrex until these girls are getting more hungry. The same for the Orgatrex as this is a powershake for the bennies...:headbang:
1676647666304 _small.jpg

I'm glad with the selection I made. All these girls are same sized and growing at the same speed dishing out new fan leaves. :thumbsup:
1676647666300 _small.jpg

The only difference there is at the moment is that the four inner pots dry out quicker then the twelve on the outside. This is probably caused by the fact that my heatbed is still switching on at night as temperatures fall during the night. I like to keep everything at around 23°C / 73.4°F for the moment and the combination of the heat emitted from the TS-1000 and the heatbed switching on to keep it there is just perfect. The only addon I'm planning on in the near future is a soil probe for the temperature. That way I can choose where to measure for the heatbed :thumbsup:
1676647666296 _small.jpg

Hey Mate, This one is reaching out for a hug mate :bighug: Thanks for not giving up on me :cheers:
1676647666291 _small.jpg

1676647666287 _small.jpg

I'm upping the light with another 2% today...So slowly the DLI will rise, but this weekend I'm installing a smart switch so I can turn it off completely. And then I'm going to do something special!! You wait and see :hump:
1676647666277 _small.jpg

And to finish off this post, I've prepared a three day time lapse. The speed is 25fps...Please enjoy :thanks:

Regards,

Bob :toke:

@420autoflower, @Antonio_DutchPassion, @DCLXVI, @BioTabs, @wwwillie, @bulldog1952, @Dankerson, @Dell boy, @Rick Dirte', @Don't Fear the Reefer, @Humanrob, @Growtogrow, @hecno, @kfigerm, @Minime2020, @Mossy, @nizmoKush, @pop22, @Redeye Master, @snerval, @St. Tom , @Talonxracer, @TrichomeAssassin, @Vapo,, @Zaaboot, @zweibeir

bob i know youve had a bit of a shit time of it lately so nice to see you back on track

Hey Friends :toke:

Day 9 inside the tent and all these younglings are looking really nice and on schedule :coffee:
View attachment 1566417

Nice green color, which indicates they are happy little campers.
View attachment 1566418

I did have a feel at some leaves and some do feel leathery, so it's water only for the time being. I'm cutting back on the Bactrex until these girls are getting more hungry. The same for the Orgatrex as this is a powershake for the bennies...:headbang:
View attachment 1566419

I'm glad with the selection I made. All these girls are same sized and growing at the same speed dishing out new fan leaves. :thumbsup:
View attachment 1566420

The only difference there is at the moment is that the four inner pots dry out quicker then the twelve on the outside. This is probably caused by the fact that my heatbed is still switching on at night as temperatures fall during the night. I like to keep everything at around 23°C / 73.4°F for the moment and the combination of the heat emitted from the TS-1000 and the heatbed switching on to keep it there is just perfect. The only addon I'm planning on in the near future is a soil probe for the temperature. That way I can choose where to measure for the heatbed :thumbsup:
View attachment 1566421

Hey Mate, This one is reaching out for a hug mate :bighug: Thanks for not giving up on me :cheers:
View attachment 1566422
View attachment 1566423

I'm upping the light with another 2% today...So slowly the DLI will rise, but this weekend I'm installing a smart switch so I can turn it off completely. And then I'm going to do something special!! You wait and see :hump:
View attachment 1566424

And to finish off this post, I've prepared a three day time lapse. The speed is 25fps...Please enjoy :thanks:

Regards,

@420autoflower, @Antonio_DutchPassion, @DCLXVI, @BioTabs, @wwwillie, @bulldog1952, @Dankerson, @Dell boy, @Rick Dirte', @Don't Fear the Reefer, @Humanrob, @Growtogrow, @hecno, @kfigerm, @Minime2020, @Mossy, @nizmoKush, @pop22, @Redeye Master, @snerval, @St. Tom , @Talonxracer, @TrichomeAssassin, @Vapo,, @Zaaboot, @zweibeir

Looking good mate.

28 hour day
Hey guys :toke:

Yesterday I told ya'll that I would be installing a smart switch so I can turn the lights off and give the ladies some rest and which would later help in more production of trichomes & terpenes. But I still like the fact that one can give an auto 24 hours of light, so I started thinking, and why not add hours to the day so the plants still receive light 24 hours a day...
So after installing the smart switch, which is also measures the current draw. If I add 4 hours to a day, it works out so six longer days fit into seven normal days.

Let me show the schedule...
  • Saturday 12:00 on
  • Sunday 12:00 off
  • Sunday 16:00 on
  • Monday 16:00 off
  • Monday 20:00 on
  • Tuesday 20:00 off
  • Wednesday 00:00 on
  • Thursday 00:00 off
  • Thursday 04:00 on
  • Friday 04:00 off
  • Friday 08:00 on
  • Saturday 08:00 off

Last edited:
Hey guys :toke:

Yesterday I told ya'll that I would be installing a smart switch so I can turn the lights off and give the ladies some rest and which would later help in more production of trichomes & terpenes. But I still like the fact that one can give an auto 24 hours of light, so I started thinking, and why not add hours to the day so the plants still receive light 24 hours a day...
So after installing the smart switch, which is also measures the current draw. If I add 4 hours to a day, it works out so six longer days fit into seven normal days.

Let me show the schedule...
  • Saturday 12:00 on
  • Sunday 12:00 off
  • Sunday 16:00 on
  • Monday 16:00 off
  • Monday 20:00 on
  • Tuesday 20:00 off
  • Wednesday 00:00 on
  • Thursday 00:00 off
  • Thursday 04:00 on
  • Friday 04:00 off
  • Friday 08:00 on
  • Saturday 08:00 off
I really like this idea. I'll be keeping an eye on progress. Well done trying new things.

Interesting. So basically, 24/4.

Will be keen to see how your girls get on!
I really like this idea. I'll be keeping an eye on progress. Well done trying new things.
Thanks, you guys!! We're ten minutes into the first dark period. My time lapse camera, at least, doesn't see any light
Y0073741.JPG

And neither does my light sensor.
12-13-40-920.jpg

In less then four hours the light will come back on. After that I'll be installing a firmware update to the current sensor array so the VPD value will be shown in my phone app. If that works I'll be adding another feature to hold the VPD at a certain value. When the new humidifier arrives I'll be modding it so it will be smart enabled and can be controlled by the above mentioned feature.

S.o.S. - Day 12
Hey Friends :cheers:

This weekend I changed over to a 28 hour day and so far everything is going on schedule. During lights out, the temperature drops down to 17°C / 62.6°F and the humidity was out of control today, staggering into the +90's% . But, I imagine this could be due to me watering the plants half an hour before lights out as this wasn't the case the previous lights out... :coffee2: Live and learn :shrug:

Anyway, after the lights went back on, I played around with the settings in my app and got everything stable. Did have to raise the light output from 44% to 50% and turn the extraction fan on at 20%. But now the VPD is at a perfect value for the size and age of the ladies...
1676928241357 _small.jpg

Before showing of more of them little beauties, I'll just go right ahead and ask a question. Should I be removing these little side shoots, so growth is focused on the central stem?
1676928241376 _small.jpg

Have a look at these beautiful ladies
1676928241384 _small.jpg

Have a close look at the base of this one. It's already splitting the bark open to prepare for expansion...
1676928241381 _small.jpg

This is the biggest one of all. Although still being a stout little lady :d5:
1676928241371 _small.jpg

Another beauty, drop dead in the center of them all. Nice green color... ♥
1676928241368 _small.jpg

And next to that this little beauty :kiss:
1676928241365 _small.jpg

A nice overview of all the ladies side by side...
1676928241362 _small.jpg

And to finish things off, today's time lapse begins where the previous one ends :rofl: But differs in that you'll see the dark period. The white specs in those parts of the rendering have something to do with the post processing as I don't see these in the separate pictures...Trust me, it's dark ;)
Anyway, duration = 80 hours, speed = 25fps. Please enjoy :thanks:

Regards,

Back