Breeding projects: First up, Azure Duck!

pop22

Frankensteins Lab Leader
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
I've been learning about breeding cannabis for a while now, but I have a lot to learn as to the science of it. So this can be a learning project we can share, useful, thoughtful comments and information is most welcome! I am NOT an expert, I barely qaulify as an ameture. But I'm determined and learning have have some very interesting crosses in mind.

I have to purposes in this particular project, the preservation of an almost lost strain, and combining unique medicinal genetics

Azure duck is pure Ducksfoot ( female ) x Blue Dragon ( male ).

Blue Dragon is my, now F6 cross of Durrty Dragon and Blueberry Headband. My hopes for Azure Duck is two fold, finding medicinal pheotypes, and creating male to pollinate ducksfoot clones, with the hope of eventuall breeding out a 90% pure ducksfoot that will breed true. Maybe that can't happen, I don't know, but we'll see!

So Working the Azure Duck starts here. I have 4 F1 plants growing now that are mature. At least one is a male. All these seed came from an accidental pollination of a Ducksfoot, saved me thew work of the first step lol!

I also recently started 26 seeds in solo cups, that will go in a separate breeding tent.

just got some parts for that tent today, so pics will come later.

Here's the Ducksfoot and adult Azure Ducks:

ducksfoot tent -12-12-2016.jpg
ducksfoot tent  pic2 -12-12-2016.jpg

Update:

18 out of 26 seeds sprouted. In the breeding tent I now have: 18 Azure Ducks, 3 Blue Dragon ( for head stash.. ) 4.........unknown. Since the hospital so nicely overdosed me with sedative 9 days ago, I can't remember what they are. But We'll have fun just the same! They maybe Mystery Weed, which I believe is a very old California Red bud, been grown around here for 30 years so the tale goes. And the 3 Ducksfoot clones. One is dying I thing the other 2 are ok but not thriving. Going to see if re-potting livens them up.

See the perfect fit of the Auto Pots tray? auto watering almost ready!

breeding seedlings -12-16-2016.jpg

there are no seeds that are available to the public at this time, I've been looking worldwide believe me. I was gifted some clones grown locally. The tale goes, a biker brougt some seed back from Australia about 15 years ago. I small group of locals grow it. They lost the males so no seed here either, clones only. I'm trying to at least salvage her genetics in seed, that way if the guys loose there clones, I'll hook them up with seed.

these some of these guys sell in the area. This far out, top shelf weed is fairly cheap, you can find most non-clone only bud for $250 oz. Ducksfoot gets $350! ( I don't deal )
Since they got a sample, my family hounds me for ducksfoot...lol! It has an amazing Sativa type buzz, which is as unique as the plant!

Looks like a nice project. Good luck!

Btw, where did you get ducksfoot seeds? Thanks!

I've been talking to Dutch Passion about obtaining seed or pollen of pure ducksfoot. So far, they are dodging my question. Guess I need a contact with the big boys...lol!

attachment-35.jpg
I had ducksfoot seeds a long time ago. I really Should of made more:(.

Attachments

• attachment-24.jpg
    attachment-24.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 134
  • attachment-30.jpg
    attachment-30.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 134
  • attachment-38.jpg
    attachment-38.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 138
  • attachment-31.jpg
    attachment-31.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 130
  • attachment-21.jpg
    attachment-21.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 127
  • attachment-40.jpg
    attachment-40.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 138
MANY people are saying that!

Dutch Passion's new cross to make an Auto Duck looks interesting its auto white widow x ducksfoot. Not the same as a pure duck but might be worth a grow when released next month!
View attachment 674176 I had ducksfoot seeds a long time ago. I really Should of made more:(.

Back