Cannabis Strains for PTSD

Just saw this thread... tried to start one similar months ago but it never really took off.
As far as PTSD goes, many of us know it can manifest as different symptoms for each of us. That being said, I will have to agree with my man stylez regarding the afghan kush ryder, fantastic indica smoke that packs a hell of a medical benefit. I have found it to be great for PTSD related insomnia. Another good one for insomnia is Kush Van Stitch. This strain got me through some rough nights. To clear up a bit, when I say insomnia, I am generally referring to the nights when I sleep for only a short amount of time (1.5hr or less) only to wake suddenly in the middle of the night covered in sweat, pulse pounding and freezing my ass off. The KVS was a godsend for these nights. A couple quick hits and back to dreamland I would drift, typically for at least another 4 hours +. Karma Dragons will be next on the list hopefully for some heavy veteran testing here at my place. Cheers, L4

L4

L4..stylez..we are getting more Vetrans signing up..if you See any..pick them up for a Personally Recommended canna..and any Avoid like the Plague ones..just give them a little Nudge to contribute...:High 5:

Wow just stumbled across this thread can we please keep it going and maybe make it easier to find this thread could end up saving a life or two (depending on how Many people piss u off, never a good ideal to have a pissed of vet with PTSD around)It's great to find other vets with PTSD, we'll not great but u know what I mean :stoned: I have been crippled by it since I got back in 08..I was infantry 2-8 cav 1st brigade 1st cavalry division out of fort hood, tx. I Haven't worked a day since I got out and in only 29...I get benefits tho and if anyone needs any advice on dealing with the Va. I will try my damnedest to help. With that said thats badass the AKR is can help with the insomnia. Typically I'm awake to 3 am every night before I even try to go and lay down. Nothing is worse then laying there for 3 hours trying to go to sleep. I also have horrendous. Anxiety anytime I go out into public any suggestions on a strain for the anxiety?

Last edited:
If you let AKR amber up all the way, she should help you get to sleep. That smoke works well for my PTSD. Great appetite bud too. I lose all appetite when im in public.

Hoping to find some good benefits from Stone Dragon too. Dropping a couple of those for the first time this weekend... Best of luck..

Your not alone, there are a couple of us around here that are Vets and deal with the same issues.
One love to all and peace on earth:thumbup:

Glad I've found this. I suffer with PTSD, I served with the British Army for 9 years, had friends killed and seen alot of nasty stuff but not only that but I really struggle with my head alot. A nice family friend took a liking to me at 10 years old so that screws me as well. I been using cluster bud from bomb seeds for the passed 5 months and I've been sort of stable on that, able to work but not still not able to go to crowed places. I ran out a couple of werks ago and have been going down hill since so much so thst on monday night I took an over dose. I suppose i am fortunate that the Mrs came home and found me, I still at rock bottom but now it seems like my family are rallying round to see how my life can be changed around to help me. Suppose I will see what happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Glad I've found this. I suffer with PTSD, I served with the British Army for 9 years, had friends killed and seen alot of nasty stuff but not only that but I really struggle with my head alot. A nice family friend took a liking to me at 10 years old so that screws me as well. I been using cluster bud from bomb seeds for the passed 5 months and I've been sort of stable on that, able to work but not still not able to go to crowed places. I ran out a couple of werks ago and have been going down hill since so much so thst on monday night I took an over dose. I suppose i am fortunate that the Mrs came home and found me, I still at rock bottom but now it seems like my family are rallying round to see how my life can be changed around to help me. Suppose I will see what happens.

Back