New Grower Confused as hell about fresh popped seed position in soil.

K

Kakarot

OK I have a dilemma, we have 2 choices here pointed end and tap root up or tap root down? I have always planted the seed in soil with it pointed down BUT a good deal of reading and I have found the proper way to plant in soil is actually with the pointed end/taproot pointed up as shown and explained in this diagram, share your thoughts guys. I also did all 4 of my girls this time with the seed fresh cracked and with the pointed tap root end pointed up I have noticed that it takes a tad longer BUT the seed always sheds the husk,anyway here is the link to the artical.

http://www.amsterdammarijuanaseeds.info/how-to-position-sow-cannabis-seeds-in-soil.html

Nature doesn't really follow the rules that we try to apply...

When I first started growing, I paid attention to small snippets like that but now? As long as somehow it ends up in the soil then I know it will work :)

I used to put them in taproot up, and now I put them in taproot down. Next time I am putting the taproot upside down to see if it works. :D

I do like the idea of putting them taproot up, to help them shed the shell casing when breaking free through the soils surface.

If the seed just cracked open I don't pay any attention to direction. If it has a tail I try to point it down and if I cant I point it sideways at least.

If you are planting a germinated seed with a tap root of any length then you should be planting the seed with the tap root pointing DOWN. Roots don't grow upward for a reason.

Roots follow gravity - it doesn`t matter how to plant it, it will go down anyway. But it might help and speed things up by planting with root down.

Back