De-Carb Needed for a Tincture: Yes or No

@olderthandirt have you ever tried a tincture to see if it helps?
The reason I ask is depending on how you respond you may need heat in the process. When I make tinctures I concentrate them significantly so I must use heat to reduce the etoh. A couple ounces of my tincture can easily hold the cannabinoids of 2-3 ounces of weed. For me it's all about adding drops not teaspoons of tincture to drinks etc.

If the terpenes have "boiled" off, evaporated, how does covering the material while in the oven prevent it's loss?

So much to learn....

Ooh Ooh, that reminds me.
I'd been thinkin' that all the cannabinoids we're after are within the trichomes. Is that correct?

I go low and slow with the oven or slow cooker, I try not to boil or evaporate any of it (unless I'm reducing the alcohol content for a tincture or whatever:eyebrows:). Somehow being sealed (I think) then nothing can escape...the smells and the flavors seems to be less when I don't seal the pan.
Yes, we are after the trichomes where the cannabinoids are.

@jingo Or the cold method of evaporating alcohol is; after straining leave the jar open (cover with a screen) reduce to desired level. A well aged tincture is worth waiting for.
Time is a factor most people don't have. Heat speeds up the process and gives you a nice quality product.

Hey-o @jingo , I'd like to increase me intake of cannabinoids and still be able to function during the day. I could be the poster child for a light-weight!

I can't give ya any specifics about my one exposure to a tincture because it came from a local dispensary. As in not a whole lot of background info available.
Super easy to self titrate, left me with a comfortable feeling of ease without making me a drooling idiot. Which is just what I become if I take much more than 2 hits at a sitting (-;

Foremost I want to deal with depression and anxiety.
The purported ability of cannabis to influence activation of osteoclasts is second up in priorities for me.

From what I've gleaned from reports that are wayovermyheadbutIreadem'anyway.... me body will need THC in combination with CBD, and the rest o' the crew, to get what I'm after.
I've looked at terabytes of stuff about oil and tacking it vs. ingesting vs capsules vs UpTheButtBob and tinctures, knock wood, seem to be the most likely route for me to get where I think I want to go.

Accomplishing decarb to acquire THC without losing the terpenes is the game.
It's looking as though a warm extract is going to be the route for me.

I'll certainly make a batch up with raw material when I harvest but with having the majority of material dried and cured I'll have the opportunity to try a variety of extractions.
So Ima be a winner one way or ta udder (-:

Dried and cured
Warm, 'old school' extraction, I gots a plan. Thankee folkses (-:

Osteoclasts? Bone building? Didn't know it was useful for that too, that's good to know my wife has severe osteoporosis from massive doses of steroids. But yeah, cbd sites in the bones so definably high cbd.

I make tinctures for my wife strong enough to just take two drops, about the same as a couple droppers of typical dispensary tinctures.

My final solution for my wife will be high cbd/thc butter. I'd like to get 1.5-2 grams active cannabinoids per quarter pound of butter we go through about a pound a week and she gets about 2/3 so she'll be about right.

There's people buying turpenes separate and adding them to their oil, I like that idea because you can further tailor the effect.

Osteoclasts? Bone building?
Here's a quick abstract for ya to look at. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19634029
There's actually tons of material out there regarding cannabiniods and their effect on the skeletal system.
Of course how much of these have I bookmarked?
Right......

There's people buying turpenes separate and adding them to their oil, I like that idea because you can further tailor the effect.
I have been reading about that. So promising!

Hope your not using Tapatalk because the images won't show.

https://www.autoflower.org/index.php?threads/47464/

I've been following that thread.
Several of the posts in that thread have sent me off to interweb researching what ya'll are talking about (-:

This is awesome discussion,and Thanks to all who have visited my thread..when its all said and done,I'm still learning the process myself,and what i learn i share,you guys do the same and thats what makes this such a great community..skunkpharm has some awesome guys/folks,and damn smart too,i trust them as a "go to" source when i need information..if possible make and take all forms for complete coverage,this is the point i am at,i wanna try it all,I will continue to add info and processes,i will also continue to follow all info that is posted...peace guys/gals

Back