Lighting Wild Bill's first med grow with CBD, THC/CBD and CBG girls under HLG DIABLO 650R and new HLG 200 Rspec

Well I just come back from shopping and I checked the 50 gallon tote on the back porch. The first stir was a few days ago. This thing is heated back up to levels that it first went up to, but more even.

This tote really got fired up! I expected a response, but damn! The only thing I did different on this tote is after the compost tea was brewed I added 2 teaspoons per gallon of aminos just before using lean mixture to bring up the moisture in the tote to the proper levels. I guess that just helped the microbes breed and reproduce like crazy! All the roots are gone!

So I stirred that stuff up!!!!:headbang::headbang::headbang:
Well, 24 hours later I'll go back and look at the 50 gallon tote. There is very visible mycorrhizal activity. Evidently it must be thoroughly mixed throughout the tote because I churned the hell out of that bastard yesterday! Got a good mix and got a lot of air back into it.
I'm fairly surprised with the extent of the activity of microbes and mycorrhizae. I've always made compost tea to bring the material in the tote up to the proper moisture level. I'm thinking the only change I made was the addition of the aminos.

I checked both totes because I need to add the media from a three gallon bag. The 50 is full and raging, so I'm not gonna interrupt that! The 40 gallon had a little bit of room in her and wasn't quite fired up to the same extent as the 50 .
I don't need enough to make compost tea and waste it, so I'm gonna do the next best thing. I'm just gonna hit it pretty hard with Recharge, Great White Mycos wettable. So to feed the microbes in the recharge and in the media, I added 4 teaspoons of aminos and four teaspoons of my FFJ to a gallon of water.
I spread it out the material from the three gallon pot and then mixed everything together. I put about two cups of it organic chicken laying crumble on top and then top that off with some bokashi. Then I added the entire gallon to the tote.

Hopefully I'll see something similar to what I got in the 50 gallon tote.
Has anybody seen the same response from adding aminos to your re -amending in your tote?

This morning I checked the girls drying in the tent.
Bubble Tricks is still in her drying process. I don't think i'm gonna get 14 days on the dry, but it looks like it will be 10. I turned all 3 branches of Double Bubble in the brown paper bags.
Great note!.................... No damn mold!:headbang:

Still bugs the hell out of me that I let the mold getting started with my pretty Meph girl.
I guess I should be thankful I caught it very early and was able to salvage her. She did make some hellaciously powerful MCT oil!

Just waiting for amber!
I'm hoping she will last until the girl in the box is dry.
I am gonna have to put that supplemental UVA light on a separate controller and reduce the hours
She is still drinking water like crazy!
IMG_20230803_212529023.jpg

Damn!Bubble Tricks is still in her drying process........ No snap! She's close! :eyebrows: :hump:
Buds are getting that sort of crystalline firmness you get with really encrusted bud!:eyebrows::hump:
IMG_20230808_121233599.jpg

Amber Lamps where are you?:eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows::funny::funny:
amberlamps_400x400.jpg

2023_08_08_12_05_19_237.png
2023_08_08_12_05_31_668.png
2023_08_08_12_05_41_577.png
2023_08_08_12_05_54_162.png

I really had to hunt for some amber! Naturally, it was on the early maturing part. Still, way too many clears.
That's OK! I don't know what the buds are getting any bigger but they are getting harder!!!!!!!!!!! All of them, but naturally the top most are the hardest! She's still drinking very well but a noted decrease....... Only slightly longer than Friday.
With her running 88 days, I've been playing very close attention for several weeks to keeping the temperatures below 80*F. She's getting funky! Oh yeah, so are the girls drying in the little tent. It's a good thing I have a carbon filter on that tent!:funny::hump:
IMG_20230808_120632287.jpg

When going to stir the 50 gallon tote on the porch, can't lift the lid shows a very nice growth of mycos on top. Still plenty of microbial activity where they're giving off the heat!:headbang:
I'm going for a good mix and I see that I still have some clumps. These clumps are from when I did a sort of half ass lasagna topping as the last amendment. The microbes and mycos tore through that. Sometimes when you do a lasagna layer on the top, the mixture kind of binds together some of the media. You gotta chop it up and mix it up and that's what I did in the first turning. Most were just touch them and they fall apart, but there were some where I could barely identify what it was. at least I knew what it was and could identify as the top dressing, but changed.
So I did a bunch of double digging and busting up the clumps. Moisture level was still good. I'm fully expecting it to fire back up again. With the thorough mixing is stirring, there's plenty of oxygen in that media.
40 gallon has peaked and the temperatures began to decline, so I'm doing her first stir right now. A great deal of the big stalks I put in there are pretty much broken down or well on the way to it. 40 gallons behind so I'm gonna have to stir that thing every other day for it to be ready.
I'm still hoping for 20th, but it may be a few days later with the girl still being in the tent. She needs to finish and dry.

Well, that didn't work out quite the way I expected it, but i do have a solution..... I think.
I got my AC Infinity 6 inch ventilation hose in today. I think it is an extremely well-built product. What I'm doing is improving the air flow in the 4x4. I'm trying to lessen the suction head against the extraction fan by bringing in air by the lower ventilation holes on either side of the tent in the front.
I had also got a screen mesh filter that I can attach to the hose. I attached it to the end that was on the outside and then placed the hose in the vent hole and strapped it down.
There's about 2 1/2 foot section sitting outside the tent. It seems the bright foil on the inside the ventilation tube is reflecting all the light from the HLG to outside the tent. If it will reflect out, it will reflect in! I assume not enough to worry about, but i'm not gonna take any chances. I guess I'll go to the hardware store and get some flat black paint and coat the inside.

Well, my vet buddy and his wife surprised me this morning.
They are sending me the smart 6 inch AC Infinity extraction fan! They just want to show me their appreciation from all the cannabis I've been giving them over the last few years. I told them, as I have many times, it's not needed for them to buy anything. Naturally they insisted.
So I went ahead and ordered the smaller 6inch carbon filter.

The Double Bubble that was in the paper bags is now in the grove bag for the cure.
Bubble Triks will be in the grove bag today.
The last Double Bubble will get chopped and placed in the drying box.
Then it will be countdown for the next grow!

Well, got my care packages all bundled up and ready to go yesterday!
It kinda hit me after everything was all packaged up.
Damn, that's a lot of canna!
12 Bottles of THC MCT Oil

12 Bottles of THC CBD in coconut oil

7 oz of flower

10 grams of live rosin

When you lay it out like that, yeah, that's a lot!
At least I know all the people that are getting this are extremely appreciative and I know it will do some good.

So kind of your friends to give you that extraction fan!! Hope my friends do the same one day

On another note... how is the HLG 200 Rspec performing? Any draw backs?

So kind of your friends to give you that extraction fan!! Hope my friends do the same one day

On another note... how is the HLG 200 Rspec performing? Any draw backs?
His wife has been bugging me for about six months now to give them a couple of options of things that would help with the grow.
The last time I made a delivery, she took me aside, while he was out of the room, and started to tear up. My mind usually thought there was something wrong with my friend and she wanted to tell me about it. Thank God it was not that! She just wanted to thank me for making a change in his life with him being able to function much better and help her with the kids. To lighten up the mood considerably, I told her. "Oh no! You found out my plan for world domination!" "
"OK The Brain!"...... And then she gave me a big hug!

:biggrin:
My friend finally said that he needs a few items to tell her that would work............. "She bugging me about twice a day if I've got a list from you yet!":haha: So I sent him a few links!

Yeah, it's a pretty wicked little light! I just wish that Mars tent was taller! Way enough light for that little 2.3ft by 2.3ft tent

I have to swap it out this next grow for the Mars light that I won to do a journal for the light. After this upcoming grow, the Mars light will be a Mom light.

Back