Lighting Wild Bill's first med grow with CBD, THC/CBD and CBG girls under HLG DIABLO 650R and new HLG 200 Rspec

And then there were none!
The last Double Bubble will soon be in Wild Bill's Canna Drying box.
I guess she's one of those that just don't amber up much.
Her buds may not be huge, but they are very very hard.
IMG_20230812_155908125.jpg
2023_08_12_16_27_35_207.png
2023_08_12_16_28_01_017.png
2023_08_12_16_29_11_781.png
2023_08_12_16_29_38_296.png
2023_08_12_16_31_23_162.png

And then there were none!
The last Double Bubble will soon be in Wild Bill's Canna Drying box.
I guess she's one of those that just don't amber up much.
Her buds may not be huge, but they are very very hard.View attachment 1623618View attachment 1623624View attachment 1623625View attachment 1623626View attachment 1623627View attachment 1623628
Some plants just don't seem to amber up much. Some bro science I use could help if you ever want to try it out but I've found Stalk Splitting in the last 7 to 10 days can amber up trichomes also Ice Water flushing and a 48 to 72 hr dark period just before harvest has also ripened trichomes for me. There is no scientific proof on any of this just my observations and techniques I've used in the past with some degree of success.

Some plants just don't seem to amber up much. Some bro science I use could help if you ever want to try it out but I've found Stalk Splitting in the last 7 to 10 days can amber up trichomes also Ice Water flushing and a 48 to 72 hr dark period just before harvest has also ripened trichomes for me. There is no scientific proof on any of this just my observations and techniques I've used in the past with some degree of success.
Alright man thanks for the info! The next time I have a stubborn girl I'll probably try one of those methods!
I felt I had to go ahead and take her for many reasons, time before the next grow and she was give me ready to put out more white pistols. I saw a couple on some buds.

With her size, mainly her spread, I tried something a little different this time when I was getting her ready to go into the drying box. I spread out some bed linen in front of the TV and turned on Stargate SG1..... the stargate part is not new :biggrin:
I just sat her in the middle of that and started trimming like Edward Scissors Hands!:eyebrows::headbang::headbang:

I got her all cleaned up with removal of the fan leaves and any other dead or dying material, placed her main stem in the hole of the Styrofoam that I used to stand it up, close up the box and turn the tent's exhaust fan on the lowest setting. I picked up the four corners of the sheet and took it outside and placed all the little material in my cooking totes......... the leaves went into one and the media from the earth box went into the other.

Shades of things to come!
Well, at least the trays and the pots will actually fit in the tent. I don't think the listed dimensions of the diameter of the pot were very accurate on the website. Which I had a little bit of a problem finding trays that would fit them and still fit in the tent reasonably well. There were other trays that I could have got that would have actually been a better fit but I was going by the claimed dimensions of the pot. It'll still workout fine.
IMG_20230813_132909549_HDR.jpg

After I delivered my care package to my veteran buddy in Dallas, I stopped off at the hydro store to get some supplies. That's where I met a guy and encouraged him to join AFN. While we were there talking canna, the store owner broke open a package with a shipment of seeds. They were a selection of seeds from Green House Seed Company. For a multitude of reasons, i would be really interested in the seeds, but i still kinda went through them to look at what they had. I guess I probably shouldn't have done that because I found a cross that looked pretty Dang interesting. It was a feminised photo cross of Trainwreck and Jack Herer.

Well, that's just too much of an interesting combination to not pick up! LoL! :eyebrows: :haha::haha::haha:
IMG_20230813_110612407.jpg

I just got my new smart AC Infinity extraction fan, my veteran buddy that I help, bought me. The AC Infinity carbon filter that I bought came in also.

With a smaller fan and carbon filter I'll be able to raise the light up. In order to do that I will have to hang the corners by individual pulleys. The wire hangers that HLG includes are too long to get a Max high hang.
To finish up the ventilation changes, I'm adding two filtered intakes on the right and left of the front of the tent. That will vastly reduce the suction head that the extraction fan has to work against.

And the final improvement to the all Twenty20 4X4 tent is a stock replacement of the spill tray. After over 3 years of use, it needed to be replaced. It won't look so unsightly and should have some early reflected light for the young girls.
Although there won't be much reflective light coming from the spill tray because there won't be much floor place uncovered.
VidaMints and Knows Candy will get 20 gallon grassroots living soil mags and the two new testers will get 15 gallons rain science bags.

As soon as the girl in the tent dries, we'll be in business! Media in the totes should be far enough along to pot up,
Now I just have to finalize what goes in the other two tents

Well, I think 50 gallon tote media is ready. It no longer heats up after stirring. The 40 gallon tote should be ready in a day or so. I'll probably be bagging up the 4x4 tent on Sunday or Monday.
Still have to wait for the girl to dry in the small tent, before I can germinate the girls for this grow.
Everything is out of the 4x4 and wiped down. What a difference in carbon filter and fan combo bulk and weight. Well the big 8 inch fan and carbon filter worked excellent for over three years and it's still going strong.

Yeah, I do think the 8 inch was a bit overkill, but it did give me nice flexibility.
The 6 inch AC Infinity should through the purpose quite well, especially with my induction modifications.

And it does look like I'm gonna gain some height when hanging the light.

The Big 12 inch fan is gone. I'm putting the AC Infinity circulation fans in there. Since this extraction fan is the smart ones with the controller, I'm gonna take advantage of the controller to operate the fans if need be.
I'm trying to reorganize the electrical part of the tent also. Try to see if I can make it a little more efficient and nicer looking.
We're doing a little bit of reorganization in the grow room also. Along with a good field day.

Alright! I just ordered the dongle adapter for the AC Infinity controller to control my HLG light. The supplemental UVA bar will be controlled by the same controller in the last grow but change to 12 hours mid cycle of the main light.

I now have a new worm bin in from Uncle Jim's worm farm. A little green bin call Hot Frog. It's kinda small, but that's good. As soon as I finalize the layout on the 4x4 tent electrically, it will go on the backside of the tent. This will keep the worms at a nice even and constant temperature.

It's good thing the worms came at a later date. I set it up and started wetting the media and it took a good two days to get that media properly hydrated. The worms were delivered and I picked them up from the mailbox actually a few minutes after they were delivered. I'm really surprised about how well they survived with this insane heat we've been having. Doesn't look like any of them died.
I dumped them into the bin and it took about 10 minutes for them to revive and get active again. I still find it amazing that every single time when you add worms to even a great environment, their first thing is to find a way out. Well I gave them some feed and some shredded paper and later on gave them an avocado on the surface. Laid down wet newspaper on top of that and then wet cardboard on top of that. The lid seals quite excellent so no worms got out. I checked them an hour or so later and they were all happy eating away and not trying to get out.
Once the girls get established in the big pots, I'll add my straw plant the cover crop and add some worms all the same time. I'll probably add a few worms to the 15 gallon pots, but they're not a priority. It's the 20 gallon pots that I want to establish an actual living earth set up.
Great customer service with Uncle Jim!

At least now I will be able to get rid of the bulk material from making FFJ back quite a while ago. I've kept the bucket covered all this time in the dark in the walk in closet. Amazingly, all that material is still quite good with no funky fungus or anything like that growing on it. I guess with the pH from fermenting has prevented any further decay. The worms should gobble it up like crazy and should make quite excellent castings. I think this utilization of this material is better feeding the worms then it would have been throwing in a bin for re emending.

Well, I might have been a little early. A little too early in saying that the tote is finished cooking. Well, that's just not the case.:face:
It just took a little longer to heat it up.
Both totes needed a little bit of moisture.
Both totes got fluffed! I wanted make sure that there's maximum amount of air injected into the tote material. So I got one of my empty totes and offloaded half of the tote into it. It was real easy to fluff it up thoroughly from that point.
I'm gonna leave it alone till Monday and then check it. If the temperatures are reasonable, I'll bag it all up, give it a little bit of moisture and see if it heats up and go from there. If it were three gallon bags, I would really wouldn't worry about it. With 20 and 15 gallon bags, it is a concern of it heating back up. Two days of mid 70 degree temperature should help

Double Bubble is now in the Grove bag for the cure! I think just shy of 6 ounces of really really frosty bud is pretty damn good.

Overall it was a decent run and I did learn some things!

Last edited:
Back