OttoCBD

Unmundane in the Membrane
Reaction score
The following post has been edited to reflect the plans that changed at the last moment

Thanks to @Dinafem-Mark, I'm able to experiment with a one gallon, hand-watered ebb & flow system. Up until last night, I didn't plan on starting this grow for another 5 or 6 weeks but with temperature being an issue with this method I figured that the best thing to do would be to start germinating asap. So, this morning I set up the AeroGarden, loaded up a Rapid Rooter and the experiment has begun.

Nutes: I had originally planned on using Jack's Classics Tomato Feed (12-15-30) and Jack's Classics Blossom Booster (10-30-20) ..but I realize that I should have enough AN Sensi Bloom to get through this run. Being my second grow after a long hiatus, I figure I'd better stick with something that I'm familiar with before I go and experiment with new nutes. However, I will be running this without the use of bennies so I'll be taking a small risk using 3% hydrogen peroxide but I think I should be okay. At the end of flowering, I'll begin using Advanced Nutrients' Overdrive. I'll keep the res/jug in a cooler with an air stone running in it. If it gets too warm, I'll add a freez pak to the cooler. I realize that I'll be hand-watering this thing at least three times a day but I'm up for the challenge.

Light: I'll veg it for as long as I can under a CFL to keep her from stretching. Once she gets a space in the box, she'll be under a Mars Hydro TS 600.

I won't be doing any topping, scrogging or LST and I won't be checking/adjusting the pH.

It's not the best photo in the world but this is the one gallon (former fish tank) that I'll be using.
I removed the Siberian tomato plant (now 3 feet tall) the other day and transplanted it into soil.

tomato ebb and flow.JPG

So, this is where it begins. Where it ends, I'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited:
Thanks to @Dinafem-Mark, I'm able to experiment with a one gallon, hand-watered ebb & flow system.

You are more than welcome my friend :pass:

This has the potential to be a fantastic diary :thumbsup:

Time to show us what you can do with our genetics :headbang:

Best of luck buddy :cheers:

All the best :bong:

Mark..

Thanks to @Dinafem-Mark, I'm able to experiment with a one gallon, hand-watered ebb & flow system. Up until last night, I didn't plan on starting this grow for another 5 or 6 weeks but with temperature being an issue with this method I figured that the best thing to do would be to start germinating asap. So, this morning I set up the AeroGarden, loaded up a Rapid Rooter and the experiment has begun.

Nutes: The reason I'm referring to this as an experiment is because I'll be using Jack's Classics Tomato Feed (12-15-30) and Jack's Classics Blossom Booster (10-30-20) ..I realize that Jack's has a hydroponic line of nutes but I've been using these two products on a tomato plant (in the same one gal container) for the past few months with no issues. I know that I'll eventually have to flood the system at least three times a day but I'm up for it. I'll be keeping the one gallon jug/res in a cooler and will be adding an air stone to the jug. If it gets too warm, I'll put a freeze pak in the cooler. Prior to each res/jug change, I'll be using hydrogen peroxide at 10ml per one gallon. When using the Blossom Booster, I'll also be using Botanicare Cal-Mag Plus at 2ml per gal. At the end of flowering, I'll begin using Advanced Nutrients' Overdrive.

Light: Another reason that I consider this an experiment is that I plan on using sunlight via the several south facing windowsills that we have (at least until the cabinet gets freed up). I'll definitely veg it for as long as I can under a CFL to keep her from stretching. Once she gets a space in the box, she'll be under a Mars Hydro TS 600.

I won't be doing any topping or LST. I won't even be checking/adjusting the pH.

It's not the best photo in the world but this is the one gallon (former fish tank) that I'll be using.
I removed the Siberian tomato plant (now 3 feet tall) the other day and transplanted it into soil.

View attachment 1167673

So, this is where it begins. Where it ends, I'll just have to wait and see.

Warmly welcome to share your grow story, all is goor until now, best wishes :gamer:

Less than 2 days in the AeroGarden and she broke the surface sometime within the past few hours.
I'll leave the humidity dome and the heat mat on for the rest of the day.

One Gal Dinafem White Widow XXL Auto 3-15-20 (2).jpg

Day 1

While the CBD Crack finishes off in the cabinet, I use this little home-made phototron of sorts. When I first started using this triangular frame 20+ years ago, CFLs (and autos ..and feminized seeds) ..were non-existent. The original fluorescent tube still works so I'll leave it in there while using a 42w CFL. There's an upward-facing fan on the floor under the milk crate. Unfortunately, the aquarium thermometer no longer works. I'll eventually use this gizmo to house a mother Amnesia CBD also from Dinafem.
One Gal Dinafem White Widow XXL Auto 3-18-20 Day 1 (4).jpg

Since I'll be hand-watering this, I inserted a length of pvc pipe in order to house an upside down pipette that's been inserted down the center of the pipe. The pipette serves as a water level meter so that I don't fill it up too high.
One Gal Dinafem White Widow XXL Auto 3-18-20 Day 1 (3).jpg

And a little cap to keep the light from getting down into the hydroton.
One Gal Dinafem White Widow XXL Auto 3-18-20 Day 1 (2).jpg

Kind of a drag but she took a slight beating during the transplant which caused one of the leaves to get folded downward. Her tap root was about 7 inches long so I think she'll make it. I started her off on AN's Sensi Bloom parts A and B at 2ml each per gallon.
One Gal Dinafem White Widow XXL Auto 3-18-20 Day 1 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Day 1

While the CBD Crack finishes off in the cabinet, I use this little home-made phototron of sorts. When I first started using this triangular frame 20+ years ago, CFLs (and autos ..and feminized seeds) ..were non-existent. The original fluorescent tube still works so I'll leave it in there while using a 42w CFL. There's an upward-facing fan on the floor under the milk crate. Unfortunately, the aquarium thermometer no longer works. I'll eventually use this gizmo to house a mother Amnesia CBD also from Dinafem.
View attachment 1169632

Since I'll be hand-watering this, I inserted a length of pvc pipe in order to house an upside down pipette that's been inserted down the center of the pipe. The pipette serves as a water level meter so that I don't fill it up too high.
View attachment 1169635

And a little cap to keep the light from getting down into the hydroton.
View attachment 1169636

Kind of a drag but she took a slight beating during the transplant which caused one of the leaves to get folded downward. Her tap root was about 7 inches long so I think she'll make it. I started her off on AN's Sensi Bloom parts A and B at 2ml each per gallon.
View attachment 1169637

And we have "lift off" :thumbsup:

Looking good at this early stage of growth :pass:

Thanks for the diary update mate :cheers:

All the best :bong:

Mark..

Back