OttoCBD

Unmundane in the Membrane
Reaction score
I'm currently using the cabinet (as seen here) ..for a single Healing Path CBD White Widow Haze grown in a one gallon-ish, ($ store waste basket) ..hand-watered ebb and flow system that's very similar to the systyem that I had used with the White Widow that I recently harvested but with a new (better / faster draining) container. Daytime heat and humidity are both unsolvable issues that I just have to deal with. The 18/6 lights are off during peak daylight hours and the container gets put into various windowsills during that time.

The Healing Path CBD White Widow Haze is something that Oregon Elite Seeds used to carry. I don't know much about it (or the now defunct Healing Path) but hopefully it'll replicate the effects of the 50/50 mix of CBD Crack and White Widow XXL that I've been ingesting as of late.

I'll be using the same AN Sensi Bloom, H2O2 and Cal-Mag feed schedule and I'll keeping the res/jug in a cooler (within a larger cooler) with Freez Paks. Temps in the cooler(s) can get to be less than ideal but there's not much else that I can do.

It'll spend three or four weeks under one (then two) 40W CFL.s and then I'll be using the Mars Hydro TS 600. No SCROG this time but plenty of LST and no shortage of places to anchor onto.

This photo is from day 3 in the container (yesterday) and she's doing well. I don't think I'll be journaling this grow as much as I did the others since I don't have as much free time but we'll see.

This is how she currently sits (minus the sharp wires securing the container to the crate) ..I've fashioned another milk crate to replace the encyclopedias. The lower milk crate's been cut away on the left side to allow the teardrop-shaped humidifier to kind of sit half underneath it. I also cut away a bit of the front so that I can store stuff underneath the whole thing.. (space is very valuable) ..The paint's drying on the lower crate but I'll post pics of it later.
CBD White Widow Haze Hand Watered Ebb and Flow 7-9-20 Day 2 - Week 1 (4).jpg

CBD White Widow Haze Description.JPG

Last edited:
Day 5

I got the bottom crate in place. I know it looks kind of awkward but I need the height for two reasons. One to allow the container to drain via gravity and the other to save my back the pain from having to bend over to maintain her. This way I can sit in an office chair and do pretty much everything. I might take an inch or two off but for now it's good. Function over form. Cost above all else.
CBD White Widow Haze Hand Watered Ebb and Flow 7-12-20 Day 5 (1).jpg

I noticed that that main stem looks a little purple and dog-legged but then it starts getting green and fat. I'm not sure what caused this but hopefully it corrects itself so that I can LST without any issues. As a safeguard, I put down some more hydroton and buried the crooked stem up a little bit. I'll just have to keep an eye on it.
CBD White Widow Haze Hand Watered Ebb and Flow 7-12-20 Day 5 (5).jpg

CBD White Widow Haze Hand Watered Ebb and Flow 7-12-20 Day 5 (6).jpg

Last edited:
Day 9

The purpling of the stem has started to correct itself which is a relief. I'll give it a few more days and then top.
1594895568810.jpeg

Here's how she sits this morning.
CBD White Widow Haze Hand Watered Ebb and Flow 7-16-20 Day 9 (0).jpg

I upgraded the drain so that I can just place the jug right underneath it rather than attach a three foot hose every time I want to drain.
In the process of making this little system, I made three more. I obviously can't run more than one at a time in the cabinet but I can have one in the cabinet and another in my little homemade phototron. The other two units will enable me to do back to back runs over the winter without having to worry about breaking one system down and fully cleaning/reclaiming it before starting another. Over the past week, RH has been up in the high 70's and temps in the box have hit 89. Those have been the extreme highs and things are a little more stable now. I'm hoping that the weather continues to cooperate.
CBD White Widow Haze Hand Watered Ebb and Flow 7-16-20 Day 9 (3).jpg

Last edited:
Day 10

The dog-leggedness of the main stem has finally settled and it starting to look woody. I've concluded that for my next grow that I'm going to skip starting off in an Aerogarden and instead use a rapid rooter directly into the hydroton. Using the AG is great for starting more than one seedling but it's not worth my time or effort to go that route for a single seed. Anyway, just thinking out loud.
CBD White Widow Haze Hand Watered Ebb and Flow 7-17-20 Day 10 (3.5).JPG

Day 11

I topped her this morning. She looks slightly frazzled after having been ponytailed for six hours yesterday.
CBD White Widow Haze Hand Watered Ebb and Flow Topped 7-18-20 Day 11 (1).jpg

Day 21

She's sitting pretty in her ugly duckling stage. I've reluctantly been using an AC for the past few days and it's made a huge difference. For the time being, I see no no need to stop using the CFLs. I'll most likely start with the LED next week.
CBD White Widow Haze Hand Watered Ebb and Flow 7-28-20 Day 21 (4).jpg

Day 23

The stretch goes on.
CBD White Widow Haze Hand Watered Ebb and Flow 7-30-20 Day 23 (4).jpg

Day 27

More stretching and contorting. Not a single preflower in sight. I ditched the CFLs a few days ago.
CBD White Widow Haze Hand Watered Ebb and Flow 8-3-20 Day 27 (1).jpg

Back