New Grower Finally Started

Reaction score
First off - very excited to join this community (was directed here by a post on Reddit)! First time grower and have been researching like I have a term paper due at the end of this. Due to a travel commitment, my first attempt was delayed till now, but it did afford the opportunity to discern a lot of information.

Set Up
48"x48"x80" Tent
SF-4000 (initially purchased SF-1000 and changed suspecting it would be insufficient)
6" Exhaust Fan w/ Felt Covered Charcoal Filter (ducted to exhaust top / passive intake)
1-Gallon Reservoir Humidifier
Oscillating Tower Fan
Honeywell Ceramic Heater
Large Dehumidifier (on hand)
(2) 6" Table Fans
(3) 7-Gallon Fabric Pots

Soil
Mix of FFOF and Perlite (1:3) Bottom Half
Mix of FFOF/HF and Perlite (1:3) Top Half
Center (about 1 pint) is Jiffy Seed Starting Mix (peat moss/coco coir/vermiculite)
Added (4Tbs dry) Mykos Mycorrhizal

Nutrients
FF Big Bloom (anticipating to use after 30 +/- 10 days - flowering)

Seeds
Mephisto Genetics - Double Grape / Creme De La Chem / Auto Amnesia (freebie)

Germination Method
Mephisto Genetics Paper/DVD Case

Started 10/15 with germination. Watered (pH 6.4) pots to prepare soil. Checked 24 hours after - tap root starting on the DG and CDLC. Flipped case and continued with Mephisto germination. Checked morning of 10/17 and the DG and CDLC are ready - not so much for the AA.

Planted DG and CDLC center of pot, ~1/2" down. Misted with water and covered with clear dome. Returned AA seed to DVD case, but then decided to scuff seed (2000 grit tube) and plant as the others. Hopefully my impatience isn't getting the better of me with this seed...

Environment - trying to maintain 70-80 degrees F and 65-70% RH. RH is currently high at 73-75% and temps are staying between a low of 71 and a high of 75.
Light - set at 28" / 50% / shooting for 100-300 PPFD (measured 150 with Photone app). 18/6 schedule - on at 4pm and off at 10am. Exhaust fan is scheduled to come on with light.

Questions at this stage would be...
1. Should I have more nutrients on hand? I read MoG nutrient guide, but with soil, I'm hoping to not need much more than the FF Big Bloom.
2. What is the best option to pH down tap water? We have very good quality water, but the pH is in the mid 7 range. I purchased some pH Up/Down for the time being.

Please feel free to comment and send advice my way. This has been a lot of fun so far and I'm really enjoying this new hobby. Thank you in advance for any comments!

Attachments

• 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 27
  • 36.jpg
    36.jpg
    392 KB · Views: 27
  • Tent.jpg
    Tent.jpg
    661.4 KB · Views: 34
Solid plan! Good luck, looks like you've covered everything pretty well.

Really solid plan and setup IMO. The SF1000 is no slouch, but the SF4000 should do a lot more work. Great choice of genetics as well! Meph is awesome.

Don't overwater your girls in the beginning - feed daily, but just once. I made the mistake on my first grow by feeding a small amount many times, and she wasn't a fan of that.

I'm only on my 4th run, so very new as well.

Thank you for the advice. I'm hoping not to feed until around the 5th week.

Woot! Another Virginian! Sic Semper Cannabis!

:welcome: to AFN!!!

FFOF/HF have N, P, and Ca sources mixed in, but no K sources. So, you may need to provide something with K earlier than you expected.

For reference, their recommended feed schedule (for photos) is on their website - link here.

Before i say any thing ,,,,i have to disclose i have been banned from offering advice in other sections :smoking:

so,, that said ,,welcome, :welcome:,and great you put loads of thought into this grow,,,,,, and perhaps because of that you should follow your gut :thumbsup:,, we can ride the wave together:smoking:,,

my only thoughts are ,,you going for a soil grow ,,you still need ta feed the soil ,,i like fish mix ,,cheap simple ,,i like to introduce bloom type feeds 10 days after they show sex ,,why coz i do :smoking:,,,,next time dont bother with staggered layers and that malarkey :pighug: unless it works :thumbsup:

Back