New Grower [First Grow] - Pink Panama, Galaxy Brain, Zkittlez, in Coco/Perlite

Reaction score
Hey! I've been reading for a couple of months. Probably don't know as much as I should by now, but I'm giving it a shot because I bought way too many seeds!

I feel a bit silly starting this post just after dropping the seeds in a shot glass, I'm a bit early... But today's been a whirlwind and I wanted to get my journal started. I woke up to a notification that my tent has been delivered - the final piece. I spent all afternoon setting it up in a very cramped space, and unboxing everything else I bought for the tent. It looks pretty messy, but I'm using:

AC Infinity 4x2 tent
AC Infinity Cloudline 6" w/ AC carbon filter
HLG 350R LED Light
2x 6" Holmes clip fans
Inkbird humidity controller, with a humidifier and dehumifier attached. I've got it set to hold 50%, should I go for 45%?
Timed outlet for 20/4 light schedule
Wyze Cam for timelapse
Govee temp/humidity gauge with bluetooth so I can check on the stats from my phone

I'm attempting to pop a Mephisto Pink Panama, Night Owl Galaxy Brain, and Fast Buds Zkittlez. They will be grown in Coco/Perlite in 3 gallon fabric pots. I chose these seeds because I'm a fan of sativa leaning strains, and also from reading/asking around (thank you parsing_trees!) I came to the conclusion that these would be the least "weed" smelling weed. That's pretty much it! I'm winding down now after spending 10 hours unboxing everything, setting it all up, and buffering my coco. Coco will be buffered tomorrow, seeds will hopefully follow shortly after, and the journey begins! Thanks for reading, take care guys!

Attachments

• 4kPG1hL - Imgur.jpg
    4kPG1hL - Imgur.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 46
  • z0a1Els - Imgur.jpg
    z0a1Els - Imgur.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 41
  • 5FHqZX5 - Imgur.jpg
    5FHqZX5 - Imgur.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 34
:welcome: to AFN!
Nice looking set up and nice choice of strains! I’ve only grown the Pink Panama myself but it was a very unique smoke, smell was also minimal if I remember rightly.
Just as a quick note, you will probably want your humidity set considerably higher than that when your plants are in early veg. Have a look at a VPD to see how temperature and humidity go hand in hand to create a perfect environment. Basically the higher your temp is the higher your RH CAN be and vice versa.
Good luck with your grow and have fun!

:welcome: to AFN!
Nice looking set up and nice choice of strains! I’ve only grown the Pink Panama myself but it was a very unique smoke, smell was also minimal if I remember rightly.
Just as a quick note, you will probably want your humidity set considerably higher than that when your plants are in early veg. Have a look at a VPD to see how temperature and humidity go hand in hand to create a perfect environment. Basically the higher your temp is the higher your RH CAN be and vice versa.
Good luck with your grow and have fun!
Thank you for your kind words and advice! You're absolutely right, I don't know why I forgot about the VPD. Looks like I can go around 65-70% since it stays close to 71-74 degrees in the tent. You said that is for early veg, do I follow the VPD for flowering as well, or should I lean towards a drier climate to avoid budrot? Thanks again man!

Thank you for your kind words and advice! You're absolutely right, I don't know why I forgot about the VPD. Looks like I can go around 65-70% since it stays close to 71-74 degrees in the tent. You said that is for early veg, do I follow the VPD for flowering as well, or should I lean towards a drier climate to avoid budrot? Thanks again man!
Leaf-Vapor-Pressure-Deficit-VPD-5.jpg

No problem! Your optimal range on the chart will change as you move through the plants growth stages. Try to stay in range always but late in flower make sure you have a lot of air flow round the buds and you should be ok. Everyones environment is different and you will get a feel for yours as you go. Good luck again and look forward to seeing your plants!

All 3 seeds popped a taproot! They're officially in their grow container!

I rinsed my buffered coco down to 0.2EC with 5.8pH water. For the first watering I mixed 0.2EC of calmag in 5.8-6pH RO water. I misted the top of the coco and misted inside of the cup, then covered the seeds with the cup. I only lightly misted the top of the coco because it was freshly wet from my buffering rinse. Going forward, how much should I be watering every day before it sprouts? Just a few sprays, or is misting the top a bad idea? Appreciate any and all advice on this! Thanks guys, this is the best ever Christmas gift to myself!

Attachments

• 4593eYH - Imgur.jpg
    4593eYH - Imgur.jpg
    490 KB · Views: 24
  • Cuogbqi - Imgur.jpg
    Cuogbqi - Imgur.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 30
  • ra5jzWG - Imgur.jpg
    ra5jzWG - Imgur.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 26
It's day 3-4, and all seeds have "broken soil"! But I'm having trouble with my Pink Panama. It was the slowest to crack open, the tail was the smallest, and now it's stuck in it's own seed casing. What do I do about this? I'm worried it won't break out of its shell. In the pictures, the largest is the Galaxy Brain, the tiny green one is the Zkittlez, and the one stuck in its shell is the Pink Panama.

Attachments

• ewM3ZEy - Imgur.jpg
    825.3 KB · Views: 29
  • zrqNUN9 - Imgur.jpg
    667.4 KB · Views: 26
  • ThvfzLj - Imgur.jpg
    893.7 KB · Views: 29
Back