Old Reviews Fox Farm Cultivation Nation Seventy Thirty coco perlite mix

Do you plant those bags whole or cut them away?

Do you plant those bags whole or cut them away?
My idea is to slice the bottom of the bags carefully and slide them into the 3gal pots so I don't disturb them too much. I don't plan on planting the bags tho.

Waiting for the Chem D to develop her roots enough to transplant, but the 3 Scarlet Sunset and 2 Wedding Cake autos are in their 3gal pots now.
20220811_154740.jpg

Lovely setup. I am a big fan of those hydro halos. Makes watering so much easier, especially once the plants are large.

Looking good! @Tony9d9ct where did you get the drip rings?
Bloom Brothers brand, off of ebay. They work well I'm happy with the setup. I do have a few more things to do to it, but it works well and even. I have the pump on a wifi plug so i can water while I'm at work, or set it up on a timer for however many seconds I want it to run.
Lovely setup. I am a big fan of those hydro halos. Makes watering so much easier, especially once the plants are large.
Honestly I got them because they looked cool and easy to set up. I'm glad I did, they were like 12$ a piece and do a great job distributing the water evenly. I think rings included I've got 130$ into the whole watering setup and it's a game changer, especially if you take alot of mini vacations like I do.

One thing I noticed so far, is after transplanting, within a few hours the leaves were pointing upward and they were thriving. Using the same exact medium in the small pots and transplanting worked out well. I gave them a little Heavy 16 Foliar this morning and they've been looking real happy and growing daily. So far I like the coco and auto watering setup. They're working well with the Lotus nutes and the plants are happy and thriving.
20220813_080728.jpg

The Scarlet Sunset and Wedding Cake are at 20 days above soil today. I FIMmed them, as that method has worked well for me. The Chem D in the back right is about a week behind, but she's growing steadily. I've been keeping it at about 77 degrees 70% RH and once a day feeding, and foliar spray once a week. I added sticky traps because I have a box of 100 and figured why not it can't hurt. So far everything has been simple, and I've only hand fed them a few times. I've been pumping out the runoff into buckets and pouring it on my flowers out front and they're looking great also. I like coco more than soil right now.
20220820_085426.jpg

Back