Old Reviews Fox Farm Cultivation Nation Seventy Thirty coco perlite mix

Loving the way you did you tubes. I have a similar setup and I didn't really think my setup through. I did it down the middle and it made it very hard to move in there. How does your pump do with all the connections? I know the more I put on mine and more tubing I use the weaker and weaker it gets.

Loving the way you did you tubes. I have a similar setup and I didn't really think my setup through. I did it down the middle and it made it very hard to move in there. How does your pump do with all the connections? I know the more I put on mine and more tubing I use the weaker and weaker it gets.
I got a 400gph pump off ebay and it does pretty good. I can use the valves to adjust flow and make it even. I plan on getting some cheap thin pipe and zip tying the hose to it to make it look cleaner. Overall tho the system works great and I can get equal runoff amounts from all 6.

Just a little update on the ladies... I went up to about 90% strength on the nutes, and kicked on my small heater to maintain temps at 77 degrees with 66RH. I've seen some pretty explosive growth in the last 4 days so I wanted to share. I'm feeding twice a day with some decent runoff and using Heavy 16 Foliar. I'll be defoliating a little bit in the next day or 2 to get them set before the stretch. I've lightly had to adjust PH to 6.1 with the Lotus Nutrients and I'm definitely a fan. At the rate these ladies are growing I'm also a fan of Cultivation Nation Seventy Thirty. I potted, prebuffered with calmag and I've been good to go with no issues. This stuff drains well and is an excellent substrate so far in my grow.
20220824_194803.jpg
20220824_194752.jpg

Day 27 above soil for the 3 Scarlet Sunset and 2 Wedding Cake. Day 20 for the Chem D. They're growing well. No issues so far. The Chem D has tighter node spacing and im expecting a nice amount of growth in the next few days. I have noticed I'm using more nutes, and as much as I love the Lotus line I may try a different lineup next, for cost effective purposes. Looking at the Flora trio at the moment. Any suggestions on what works well for you are appreciated.
20220827_151254.jpg
20220827_151305.jpg

Plants are looking very well!

If you're thinking of changing nutrient lines I know the MegaCrop is both extremely cheap and effective. ManOGreen has a whole perfected autoflower/hydro feedchart worked out. Coco would probably work very well with it.

I am using the Jacks 3-2-1 line in coco. I like it very much and find it both inexpensive and easy to mix and use. The have programs for both RO water and tap water. You can even send them your water and they will recommend based on the analysis. Worth a look: https://www.jacksnutrients.com/

Plants are looking very well!

If you're thinking of changing nutrient lines I know the MegaCrop is both extremely cheap and effective. ManOGreen has a whole perfected autoflower/hydro feedchart worked out. Coco would probably work very well with it.

I am using the Jacks 3-2-1 line in coco. I like it very much and find it both inexpensive and easy to mix and use. The have programs for both RO water and tap water. You can even send them your water and they will recommend based on the analysis. Worth a look: https://www.jacksnutrients.com/
Thank you very much I think I'm going to try Jack's next. My next grow will be my first Photo run tho, so I do plan on sticking with Lotus for that one. I love Lotus, and the ease and effectiveness of their nutes. They're not pricey at all, and as a new grower I've honestly gotten some really good smoke my last 2 grows in soil. It's the only Nutrient line I've ever used tho, so I would like to try a couple others and see how they perform in comparison. I like the Grow, Bloom Boost setup they use without a whole bunch of additives. It's very easy to use. It looks like Jack's and MegaCrop have the same ease of use. I work in the auto industry so I know all about companies trying to sell snake oil and marketing it as this live changing additive, only to find out it was a basic ingredient that wasn't very effective. I prefer simple and effective.

Also, I found some plant stands, cleaned them up and put them in buckets for runoff. It gives me more flexibility in moving them around so they aren't as cramped. I'm also going to a 2 pump feeding setup, basically 1 pump to 3 plants instead of 1 pump to all 6. That way I can adjust feedings and amounts even further. Just waiting on the new pump to arrive. I have a siphon pump to pull runoff out of the buckets.
20220828_095553.jpg

Day 34 above soil and after some defoliating. I had to get crafty and lower one of the Wedding Cakes so the canopy would be a bit more even. They're looking good, should be in preflower pretty soon. So far no issues and good growth. I'm definitely using more nutrients with the watering to runoff, but the plants are noticeably larger than what I've grown in soil at this stage. Definitely excited for the stretch and some big buds.
20220902_221108.jpg
20220902_221102.jpg

Fantastic little jungle you have going. Plant stand in a bucket eh? Thats a good trick.
Thank you. I actually found them in my garage while cleaning and organizing my motorcycles. I put them aside and at one point I decided to see how one would fit in a bucket. It worked well lol I use a small submersible pump to pull runoff out in between cleanings. I did end up adding another pump and running 1 pump to 3 plants and 1 to the other 3. It's definitely got more pressure through the watering rings and I'm running them at 54 seconds per feed and getting good runoff. I've always been on top of my VPD and DLI and I do think that's been a big reason for my grows going so well for a noob.

If there's anything you or anyone can add, or critique, I'm all for it. I'm appreciative of all input and advice. I try to be as accurate and precise as I can, but I only know what I know, I'm no expert at all and I really enjoy this plant from seed to ash.

Back